Greatest Regular Season Jet Wins Of All Time

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

51-45 over the Dolphins

Monday Night Miracle

Beating GB 42-17 to get into the playoffs in 2002

Any others?

Beating GB on the last gameday of the year to get into the playoffs in 1981...  firsttime Jets made playoffs during my fandumb

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

New England in 15 comes to mind. Not many this past decade sadly.

Favre is a sore topic here but when they went into Nashville and curb stomped the then undefeated Titans, they certainly had many thinking about a deep playoff run.

That 2015 team coming back to beat the Giants I literally jizzed myself

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I loved the 2001 Week 17 win vs the Raiders where John Hall walked it off. 

Another fantastic game

Gannon just barely overthrew I believe Tim Brown for a jog on touchdown that would have ended that season and resulted in a third straight year no playoffs 

TZPGLARJ2EI6FL323YE5K2TUHE.JPG

Beating New England in New England on Sunday Night Football December 22, 2002.

People remember the win against Green Bay that propelled us into an unlikely division title, and they remember the Colts playoff game.  But they forget that the week after Chrebet dropped the ball in Chicago the Jets were left for dead and had to go into the Foxboro lion's den against the defending Super Bowl champions and whip them on national TV just to stay in the playoff conversation.

SAR I

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

TZPGLARJ2EI6FL323YE5K2TUHE.JPG

Beating New England in New England on Sunday Night Football December 22, 2002.

People remember the win against Green Bay that propelled us into an unlikely division title, and they remember the Colts playoff game.  But they forget that the week after Chrebet dropped the ball in Chicago the Jets were left for dead and had to go into the Foxboro lion's den against the defending Super Bowl champions and whip them on national TV just to stay in the playoff conversation.

SAR I

I was at this game ..incredible. It was before Pats fans became abhorrent front running frauds . Lots of classy Pats fans complimenting Chad. Real fans . Went back a few years later for the Mangini playoff game sat in basically the same seats and got verbally assaulted and threatened before during and after the game by 20 year old sh%#theads  who couldn’t pick Steve Grogan out of a lineup . Sad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1981 Jets beat Green Bay at Shea pretty sure final was 28-3. Total defensive domination by the SACK EXCHANGE Think they sacked QB ( not sure if it was Dickey or Majkowski but neither one of them had a chance) close to ten times that game 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, CSNY said:

1981 Jets beat Green Bay at Shea pretty sure final was 28-3. Total defensive domination by the SACK EXCHANGE Think they sacked QB ( not sure if it was Dickey or Majkowski but neither one of them had a chance) close to ten times that game 

I was at that game.....  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Jets 16 - 15 over the Phins.  November 1981.  Todd hit Jerome Barkum in the final seconds to pull out the win.  Always stands out for me as the game that changed the outlook for the team after 10+ years of no playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11/1/98 We beat the chiefs 20-17 in Arrowhead in pouring rain.  The Chiefs weren’t their usual selves that season but it was a big road win in a very very tough stadium.  It was the game that I really knew our 98 team was for real.

• Upvote 1

Jets pats week 2 in ‘09. First time Rex and Sanchez played in front of Jets fans. Best game I’ve ever been to. At that point, Brady and Belichick were 5 years without rings and lots of playoff choke jobs.  

Even with what I know today, I can still remember that feeling as a 23 year old walking out of the stadium after watching a Jets defense light up Brady and a Jets QB go against Belichick unafraid - I thought the tables were turning. It was one of the best feelings I’ve ever had as a fan of professional sports.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Jets 16 - 15 over the Phins.  November 1981.  Todd hit Jerome Barkum in the final seconds to pull out the win.  Always stands out for me as the game that changed the outlook for the team after 10+ years of no playoffs.

Was at that game as well. Hit Barkum with a bullet pass in the mIddle of the centerfield end zone  

9 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

New England in 15 comes to mind. Not many this past decade sadly.

There's a few i can think of:

2010: Killing the Patriots week 2, OT wins in Detroit and Cleveland. That whole season was fun to watch.

2011: beating the cowboys on SNF week 1, joe mcknight blocked punt turns the game in our favor late in the 4th

2013: beating the Falcons as 10 point underdogs on Monday night, beating the Patriots at home in OT

Still, an awful decade. Not one memorable win from 2012, 2014, 2016-2019. And more losses than we can count

For me the best were those that helped us or got us into the playoffs so I disqualify games like the Monday night miracle.

1981 vs GB

1985 vs Cleveland

1991 at Miami

1998 at miami, at Buffalo

2001 at Oakland

2002 at NE, vs GB

2009 vs Cincinnati

Non late season games that I can think of:

1981 at NYG, vs Miami

1982 vs TB

1983 at SD

1985 vs Miami, vs NE

1986 vs Miami, at Seattle

1988 at miami, vs NYG

1989 at Miami

1990 at Houston

1991 vs Miami

1992 at Buffalo

1993 at NYG

1994 at Buffalo

1997 at Seattle, vs Oakland, vs Baltimore

1998 the whole season ?

1999 sweeping Miami

2000 at TB, vs Miami

2001 vs Miami, at Indianapolis

2002 vs Miami, at SD

2003 at Houston, vs Tennessee

2004 vs Seattle, vs Houston

2005 vs TB

2006 at Tennessee, at NE

2008 vs Ari, at NE

2009 at Houston, vs NE

2010 vs NE, at Miami, vs Houston

I black out from. 2011-2019

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Jets pats week 2 in ‘09. First time Rex and Sanchez played in front of Jets fans. Best game I’ve ever been to. At that point, Brady and Belichick were 5 years without rings and lots of playoff choke jobs.  

Even with what I know today, I can still remember that feeling as a 23 year old walking out of the stadium after watching a Jets defense light up Brady and a Jets QB go against Belichick unafraid - I thought the tables were turning. It was one of the best feelings I’ve ever had as a fan of professional sports.

That game had a special flavor to it because we had just upset the Texans at Houston as heavy underdogs

14 hours ago, CSNY said:

That was the game that got the Jets to the playoffs for the first time since the 1969 season and also put the Giants in the playoffs for the first time since 1963.  That may have been the greatest day in NY football history.

13 hours ago, Lith said:

I was at that game - in the end zone seats. That place was literally shaking. Shula blew it by going for it on 4th down instead of trying a game clinching field goal. Klecko made the 4th down stop giving the Jets 1 last chance. Good good times back then.

5 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

This game was a classic. 

Lol this was a PAINFULLY bad game.  One of the all-time worst games I can ever remember in terms of entertainment value.  In fact, it's probably the very worst.

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Lol this was a PAINFULLY bad game.  One of the all-time worst games I can ever remember in terms of entertainment value.  In fact, it's probably the very worst.

My friends and I went into this game knowing it was going to be awful, so we got absolutely blitzed at the tailgate. Don’t remember most of the game - and it’s for the best. 

• Haha 2