Greatest Regular Season Jet Wins Of All Time

The December 2010 game at Pittsburgh deserves a shout. The Jets were spiraling after brutal losses to the Pats and Dolphins. We go on the road to 23 degree snowy Heinz Field and knock off an elite AFC contender, setting us up for a great playoff run. It was the CBS national TV 4pm game too. 

I remember being so nervous before that game, and then Brad Smith ran the opening kickoff back for a TD and everything felt right. That fourth down stand at the end was excruciating but incredible. 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Jolot said:

I was at this game ..incredible. It was before Pats fans became abhorrent front running frauds .

erty.jpg

Same here, it was a great night and set up the best 3-week stretch I've had as a fan.  Going to those 3 games was fantastic.

SAR I

Bunch of good ones mentioned already.

One that stands out to me was in 1988 when the Houston Oilers came up and got thrashed 35-3 or something close. Cody Carlson was seeing ghosts that day for sure. Multiple sacks and INTs and I don't think he even finished the game.

It was a great thing to witness. Jerry Glanville was mad as a hornet. LOL

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

The December 2010 game at Pittsburgh deserves a shout. The Jets were spiraling after brutal losses to the Pats and Dolphins. We go on the road to 23 degree snowy Heinz Field and knock off an elite AFC contender, setting us up for a great playoff run. It was the CBS national TV 4pm game too. 

I remember being so nervous before that game, and then Brad Smith ran the opening kickoff back for a TD and everything felt right. That fourth down stand at the end was excruciating but incredible. 

That was a hell of a game

Sanchez bootlegged one in too right?

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That was a hell of a game

Sanchez bootlegged one in too right?

That bootleg was simply awesome.  The cameraman was fooled. I watched in a bar without sound and remember thinking what the **** is Sanchez doing?  NO ONE realized he still had the ball.  The camera was on the pile of players up the middle.The bar went NUTS!!!!!

• Sympathy 1

I'll go obscure into my season ticket archives.

1985, I'm getting old.  

Jets wipe the floor with the Bucs, 62-28.  Everything they did went right, everything seemed to score points.  Not really great in classic sense but one hell of a game to sit through

One of the most satisfying wins was another 80s game, 1988 vs the Oilers,

Both teams 2-1, Jerry Glanville as HC for the Oilers shooting his mouth off as only he could, on how the Oilers were some kind of rough and tough group that would pummel any team lined up in front of them.  Then there was talk that the Jets were soft and they'd beat the shlt out of the Jets who wouldn't be able to move the ball or score.  Making it worse the Oilers were a good team that year so inject the fear factor that they were trying to back up their HC, make a point to the NFL and put us in our place

One of the first plays of the game someone on the Jets lays out a player for the Oilers, may have counted him out and it was on.  O'Brien was 22-31 and over 300 yards while their starter went 9-25 and 100 yards.  The final score was 45-3 and Glanville and his Oilers left, tails between their legs with an all time asskicking 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

That bootleg was simply awesome.  The cameraman was fooled. I watched in a bar without sound and remember thinking what the **** is Sanchez doing?  NO ONE realized he still had the ball.  The camera was on the pile of players up the middle.The bar went NUTS!!!!!

Exactly.  They managed to fool everyone with that play, camera crew, announcers, Steelers and Jets fans

3 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I do think the win @Buffalo in 1992 the week after the Dennis Byrd injury needs to be in strong consideration. That was an incredible upset and inspiring moment in Jets history. 

Brian Washington 

8 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I do think the win @Buffalo in 1992 the week after the Dennis Byrd injury needs to be in strong consideration. That was an incredible upset and inspiring moment in Jets history. 

i was at this game, damned near froze my feet off ...  the WC was a ~ zero for alotta the game...was in the EZ where the INT for TD won the game...

• Upvote 1

Unrelated, but there's no good thread for this--

Speaking of all time wins -- I had a dream last night the Jets traded w/ SF for Jalen Hurd, and i cried tears of joy. The Baylor WR reunion!... 

then, the dream took a terrible turn. The deal was hung up b/c of Covid conditions in NY were intolerable, and I kept waking up thinking ONLY the covid part was a dream, but the Trade was real.

This is my life. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/7/2020 at 12:08 PM, PS17 said:

That was a great game, I wish we saved the bootleg for a month later though.

On 7/7/2020 at 1:26 PM, Jet Nut said:

One of the most satisfying wins was another 80s game, 1988 vs the Oilers,

Both teams 2-1, Jerry Glanville as HC for the Oilers shooting his mouth off as only he could, on how the Oilers were some kind of rough and tough group that would pummel any team lined up in front of them.  Then there was talk that the Jets were soft and they'd beat the shlt out of the Jets who wouldn't be able to move the ball or score.  Making it worse the Oilers were a good team that year so inject the fear factor that they were trying to back up their HC, make a point to the NFL and put us in our place

One of the first plays of the game someone on the Jets lays out a player for the Oilers, may have counted him out and it was on.  O'Brien was 22-31 and over 300 yards while their starter went 9-25 and 100 yards.  The final score was 45-3 and Glanville and his Oilers left, tails between their legs with an all time asskicking 

That was the game I was talking about a few posts above. I thought it was 35 - 3.

45 points is even sweeter. LOL 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

That was the game I was talking about a few posts above. I thought it was 35 - 3.

That was a great 3 game stretch, that whipped Cleveland on the road 23-3 then crushed Houston 45-3 before winning in Detroit to go to 3-1.  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Remember all the crazy hype before that game after Glanville shot his mouth of about hitting us into submission, physically beating us up?  It was crazy talk from a HC in the papers.  
I wish I could remember who deliver that opening shot to start the hitting from the Jets.  Pretty certain it was a DB 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Remember all the crazy hype before that game after Glanville shot his mouth of about hitting us into submission, physically beating us up?  It was crazy talk from a HC in the papers.  
I wish I could remember who deliver that opening shot to start the hitting from the Jets.  Pretty certain it was a DB 

Yeah that was an ass spanking game for us. Gotta look if there's any highlights of that game.

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2020 at 1:27 PM, Jet Nut said:

Also have to put Jets vs Fish, Barkum catching the game winning TD in the closed side of Shea.  I lost my voice at that game, had to skip school.  

Jerome Barkum making "the catch".  I was there too.  Face was wind burn and I didnt get my voice back for a week. 

• Sympathy 1

I

1990 Raul Allegre game
Jets beat Dolphins in OT to get to 8 and 8 and a playoff birth 
I remember the ending of that game well. Marino completed a pass on third down down to the jets one yard line with less than a minute left. Then he inexplicably called a timeout immediately instead of letting the clock run down. Dolphins ended up scoring a TD on fourth down, but left enough time on the clock for the Jets to drive for a game tying FG in the last seconds of regulation.

The Jets ended up winning and not only got to the playoffs, but they also kicked the Dolphins out of the playoffs. Loved it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

I am surprised nobody mentioned the 1998 game against Seattle. That was the game that Testeverde scored a TD at the end of the game by having his helmet cross the goal line rather than the football.

To me it was the first time I remember where the Jets actually screwed some other team over due to the refs. At the time, I thought the Jets were destined to win the SB.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1