Poll: Female HC or GM in the next 20 years in major sports?

Poll: Female HC or GM in the next 20 years?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Will The NFL Have A Female HC in the next 20 years?

2. 2. Will The NFL Have A Female GM in the next 20 years?

3. 3. Will any of the major sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL) have a female GM in the next 20 years?

4. 4. Will any of the major sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL) have a female HC in the next 20 years?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2020 at 02:37 AM

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Do women even play baseball at a college D1 level?  They play softball

Not sure but I still think that, of the major sports, baseball is the one where a reasonably intelligent person off the street could manage a team to a good record (and possibly even a World Series title).  

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

But there isnt a call for women to be hired in either capacity as there are for minorities. 

I'm still pissed they let female reporters in male locker rooms but just female reporters in female locker rooms..B)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

The NBA will have a female HC within the next five years I bet. I'd bet yes to a woman GM in non football sports too.

Football is going to be tougher for women to rise up in. Guys like Gase have a hard time commanding respect because they didn't play at a high level. It's going to be an uphill battle for women... Front Office seems more likely than coaching in the NFL.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The NBA will have a female HC within the next five years I bet. I'd bet yes to a woman GM in non football sports too.

Football is going to be tougher for women to rise up in. Guys like Gase have a hard time commanding respect because they didn't play at a high level. It's going to be an uphill battle for women... Front Office seems more likely than coaching in the NFL.

I'll call bullsh*t on that.

• Bill Belichick is 5 foot 11 and played at D-III (non-scholarship) Wesleyan University.
  • Pete Carroll's highest level of football was playing for College of Marin (JUCO).
  • Mike Zimmer played D-II football.
  • John Harbaugh was a crappy Defensive Back for Miami (Ohio).
  • Andy Reid played 2 years of JUCO ball, then transferred to BYU.  He redshirted in 1978, didn't play in 1979, and made a few appearances in 1980 for the Cougars.

You don't command respect based on your playing days.  You command respect for how well you relate to players, make decisions, and whether or not you win.  Period.

On 7/7/2020 at 9:48 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

The most likely position I can think of in the 4 major sports that might make sense would be kicker or punter in the NFL.  

I think esp soccer there are a good number of great woman players who could play on different levels of the professional men's game. As for baseball we know there are great woman pitchers as for other positions no reason excellent athletes couldn't be good offensively and like men work with weights etc to build strength. 

27 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think esp soccer there are a good number of great woman players who could play on different levels of the professional men's game. As for baseball we know there are great woman pitchers as for other positions no reason excellent athletes couldn't be good offensively and like men work with weights etc to build strength. 

I don't see it happening but I guess we'll see.  

Chicks cannot be trusted to run stuff because of the two weeks out of the month when they're getting their periods. The Moon and Tides have a lot to do with it. When women are ovulating they like a Burly man with Scruff to mate with..and after their menstruation cycle, they like a clean-shaven man who will hold them and listen to them talk.

This is all factual-

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll call bullsh*t on that.

• Bill Belichick is 5 foot 11 and played at D-III (non-scholarship) Wesleyan University.
  • Pete Carroll's highest level of football was playing for College of Marin (JUCO).
  • Mike Zimmer played D-II football.
  • John Harbaugh was a crappy Defensive Back for Miami (Ohio).
  • Andy Reid played 2 years of JUCO ball, then transferred to BYU.  He redshirted in 1978, didn't play in 1979, and made a few appearances in 1980 for the Cougars.

You don't command respect based on your playing days.  You command respect for how well you relate to players, make decisions, and whether or not you win.  Period.

I'm not saying that guys who didn't play at a high level can't demand respect, but I think it's a factor.

When you're arrogant and bad with people and you've never won -- suddenly the fact that you didn't even play college ball becomes more relevant. Same thing happened to Todd Haley.

On 7/6/2020 at 6:51 PM, T0mShane said:

Football? No. Becky Hammon will get an NBA job at some point, though. American men hate women more than they like sports, and NFL owners can’t even bring themselves to hire a black guy as yet.

That female announcer who ruined Darnold's first game sucked cock

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm not saying that guys who didn't play at a high level can't demand respect, but I think it's a factor.

When you're arrogant and bad with people and you've never won -- suddenly the fact that you didn't even play college ball becomes more relevant. Same thing happened to Todd Haley.

Right but your argument is those guys have trouble gaining respect from the start.  I don't think that's true. 

I think every NFL HC starts from a place where respect is given purely by the fact that they reached that position.  Their resume has little to do with that.  

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't see it happening but I guess we'll see.  

I guess men have to accept it when it happens. That in a country with over 300 million people over half female some of them are better athletes than men and can play professional sports. It doesn't meet my preconceptions either. But too bad.  Look half the movie and TV shows have tough women beating the hell out of men. If you can accept that accept this. If your cleanup hitter or shortstop is a woman. 

3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Chicks cannot be trusted to run stuff because of the two weeks out of the month when they're getting their periods. The Moon and Tides have a lot to do with it. When women are ovulating they like a Burly man with Scruff to mate with..and after their menstruation cycle, they like a clean-shaven man who will hold them and listen to them talk.

This is all factual-

They'll also start attracting bears to sporting events, and that's something we can't have.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I guess men have to accept it when it happens. That in a country with over 300 million people over half female some of them are better athletes than men and can play professional sports. It doesn't meet my preconceptions either. But too bad.  Look half the movie and TV shows have tough women beating the hell out of men. If you can accept that accept this. If your cleanup hitter or shortstop is a woman. 

You think women can be MLB players?  I don't think they're strong enough physically.  Again, maybe a punter or kicker in the NFL.  But a pitcher or position player in baseball?!  Again, I don't see it happening but I guess we'll see.  

9 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/amp/

There are some great female athletes that are much better than the average male but I don't think people realize the difference btw elite male and female athletes.

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2020 at 8:34 AM, THE BARON said:

A woman could do the GM job in any of the major sports.  I expect we will see one within 20 years.  Also... You don't have to be able to play pro football to be able to coach pro football.  If there was an actual woman's football league (not the swimsuit bs) women could learn as much football as they needed to in order to coach the game.  Many NFL HC's, OC;s and DC's  were never NFL quality players.  Look at Belichick.   We may not see a woman as an NFL HC in the next 20 years, but they can be and would be qualified for the position if they played the game in a woman's league or even if they played in HS or div III college (a few do).   I'm fairly sure the men players would accept and respect a woman HC if they knew she excelled at it in one capacity or another.  The X's and O's are the same and the skills that you learn/teach for things like blocking, rout running, passing, etc. would all be the same.  Just a different level of size and power which has no bearing on techniques, tactics and game design. When it comes down to it, NO ONE can really play professional football.  Not any of the guys watching at home on TV.  Not any of the guys watching in the stadium.  Not any of the coaches or assistants on the sideline.  Not any of the managers or administrators on NFL teams.  Not even any of the former players that call the games.   Only a *VERY* small handful of people can play NFL ball, and that is only for about three years of their life.  Statistically speaking, no one can play pro ball.   32 teams x 53 man roster = 1696.  That number over the population of the USA (327,000,000) = .000005185 %.  

I would LOVE to see women more involved in the game.  Another tid-bit here.  The Jets have a healthy amount of women in their fanbase.  It would be great to have more women involved with the game, just so long as the qualifications were there.  We don't need another Kotite no matter what gender... 

What I DONT want is to turn on sports radio or open up the sports page to relax and unwind only to have social justice worrier bs shuved up my ass.  That's you, ESPN. 

Really football is different. If you did not play at some level players are not going to respect you. Charlie Weis is the most glaring example of this. Gase was at least a grad assistant at a high level, Weis went to ND but literally had nothing to do with football until he started coaching high school. Simply his players did not respect him in large part because he never played at any level. That will not change, 

Plausible a woman could be a GM in the NBA or the NHL because there are women who play and know those games very well. So much of being a GM is analytics so plausible major decisions could be made by anyone. There's nothing really comparable with football. Even in the other sports  though a woman coach would probably be a rough fit.

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Really football is different. If you did not play at some level players are not going to respect you. Charlie Weis is the most glaring example of this. Gase was at least a grad assistant at a high level, Weis went to ND but literally had nothing to do with football until he started coaching high school. Simply his players did not respect him in large part because he never played at any level. That will not change, 

Plausible a woman could be a GM in the NBA or the NHL because there are women who play and know those games very well. So much of being a GM is analytics so plausible major decisions could be made by anyone. There's nothing really comparable with football. Even in the other sports  though a woman coach would probably be a rough fit.

As stated... A woman coach in the NFL would have to have played football at some level.  No way would they have to be Div I stand outs or players that were drafted by the NFL.   Just people who played the game and know the game.

holley-mangold.jpg

120307095234-holley-mangold-1-story-bodyjpg.jpg

On 7/7/2020 at 10:32 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not sure but I still think that, of the major sports, baseball is the one where a reasonably intelligent person off the street could manage a team to a good record (and possibly even a World Series title).  

Theoretically anyone can manage a baseball team.  Well, anyone except Art Howe

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Fairly certain the Titans owner is female. I can't see a female coach for a long long time though. 

I think NBA gets a female coach first because of the most progressive person in sports. I'd put money on Pop naming Hammons his successor when he finally retires.

Supposedly he wants to coach the Nets next year and Tim Duncan wants to be his successor in San Antonio

On 7/8/2020 at 6:09 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

You think women can be MLB players?  I don't think they're strong enough physically.  Again, maybe a punter or kicker in the NFL.  But a pitcher or position player in baseball?!  Again, I don't see it happening but I guess we'll see.  

Dustin Pedroia has seemed to be ok