Who is your median favorite Jet of all-time?

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

James Hasty

I think one of the more under appreciated JETS of all time. Until Revis he as the best corner we ever had. Poor teams, got his level of play down, because he couldn't take the losing anymore.

Hmm... Sooo many to choose from.  Can be ten median favs ???

My top ten, not in this order....

1. Bruce Harper

2. Dan Alexander

3. Kyle Clifton

4. Victor Green

5. Marty Lyons

6. Brandon Moore

7. Mickey  Schuler

8. Freeman McNeil

9. Nick Mangold

10. Pay Lahey

39 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

How was Wayne an overrated player...

Only one season with over 1,000 yards, not once did he have 10 TD’s in a year not a single all-pro or even pro-bowl.

Great story, good player for sure but the way he’s treated around here you would think he was some type of all time great.  He was appropriately known as “The Flashlight”

For those reasons he’s my favorite Median player.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Only one season with over 1,000 yards, not once did he have 10 TD’s in a year not a single all-pro or even pro-bowl.

Great story, good player for sure but the way he’s treated around here you would think he was some type of all time great.  He was appropriately known as “The Flashlight”

He may not have been a #1 receiver, but what we got from him made him #1 is many JET hearts...  So I think he deserves more than mediocrity.

14 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Cotch

Cotchery for me and Victor green too.  Two lunchpale consistent "median" (whatever that means) players.

I was thinking Marvin Powell, but he was a lot better than "median"  Same for Fields, Mawae and many others

• Upvote 1

How could I forget?!!!

Lance Mehl  but he too doesn't fit "median" was one of the better ILBs in the league until injuries wrecked him.  

I'm thinking "median" is more like Lageman, Calvin Pace or something to that effect

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

off topic for a minute...  why do your posts always make me so depressed?  No matter the topic... players, coaches...

you gloomy Gus, you!  

Chrebet was a pretty good #2 WR for us for a while.  Not elite in any way but good, so I think he qualifies as an upper end of this newly created "median" rating.  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

How could I forget?!!!

Lance Mehl  but he too doesn't fit "median" was one of the better ILBs in the league until injuries wrecked him.  

I'm thinking "median" is more like Lageman, Calvin Pace or something to that effect

❤️Think he is the best lb in team history.

Not sure he even qualifies as a mediocre player, and I know he is identified more with the Dolphins than Jets, but I gotta go with Jay Fiedler.  Only NFL player to graduate from my High School (Oceanside High).  And although there is no data tracking this, I am pretty confident when I say he is the only NFL player to be bar mitzah'd by the same rabbi that I was.

Not only that, but he is the Jets all time career leader in QB rating among QBs.  Only threw 13 passes, but his Jet passer rating of 113.3 is highest for any Jet QB.  He is only surpassed by Brad Smith at 119.6.

Former Oceanside Sailor (and Temple Avodah congregant) Jay Fiedler.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

I think one of the more under appreciated JETS of all time. Until Revis he as the best corner we ever had. Poor teams, got his level of play down, because he couldn't take the losing anymore.

I thought Aaron Glenn was their best

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He was known as the "Flashlight" for like one or two weeks

Green Lantern too. 

He was a player, was dependable, a solid 2 and a 3rd down machine

Never mind the question is who was your favorite, not who was the best, went to the most pro bowls

Darrol Ray

In 1980, he was drafted by the New York Jets. He played 5 seasons with them, finishing his career with 21 interceptions, in which he returned for 581 yards and 3 touchdowns. He also recovered five fumbles, returning them for 131 yards and a score. In a 44-17 win over the Cincinnati Bengals in a playoff game after the 1982 season, Ray set an NFL playoff record by returning an interception 98 yards for a touchdown. Chances for appearing in the Super Bowl were lost when the Jets lost to the Miami Dolphins two games later in the American Football Conference championship game*.

* a/k/a "Mud Bowl"

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not counting the old 60's guys, better than Mo Lewis?

Or a healthy Marvin Jones?

Love Mehl and Lewis.  Shade Tree too.  Lewis and Jones are more "medianish" IMO than Mehl, who was among the league's best at the time.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, 68JET11 said:

I liked Glenn as well, but I think Hasty was the better corner.

Glenn was better IMHO.  Glenn was one of the best corners in the league at the time (much like Mehl at MLB at his time) so it is hard to call either of them "median".

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Glenn was better IMHO.  Glenn was one of the best corners in the league at the time (much like Mehl at MLB at his time) so it is hard to call either of them "median".

Glenn was a whole lot different IMO too.  

Hasty to me was solid to me but never among the leagues best, Glenn was one of the best 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Darrol Ray

In 1980, he was drafted by the New York Jets. He played 5 seasons with them, finishing his career with 21 interceptions, in which he returned for 581 yards and 3 touchdowns. He also recovered five fumbles, returning them for 131 yards and a score. In a 44-17 win over the Cincinnati Bengals in a playoff game after the 1982 season, Ray set an NFL playoff record by returning an interception 98 yards for a touchdown. Chances for appearing in the Super Bowl were lost when the Jets lost to the Miami Dolphins two games later in the American Football Conference championship game*.

* a/k/a "Mud Bowl"

One of the all time best Jet plays in the win over the Bengals at a time it was still a game.  

Hes too often overlooked, was really good

Thanks

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Glenn was a whole lot different IMO too.  Hasty to me was solid but never among the leagues best, Glenn was one of the best 

one play that I remember (no, not the infamous "clock play" in which Marino tricked rookie Aaron Glenn) was on ST when Glenn returned a missed field goal (it dropped in the end zone away from the goal posts) for a TD.  DOn't remember who it was against.. but it was dazzling.