Who is your median favorite Jet of all-time?

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

one play that I remember (no, not the infamous "clock play" in which Marino tricked rookie Aaron Glenn) was on ST when Glenn returned a missed field goal (it dropped in the end zone away from the goal posts) for a TD.  DOn't remember who it was against.. but it was dazzling.

Oh yeah, remember it too.  

I think it was the Colts when Parcells was HC in 98?  

Didnt even remember that obscure rule, obscure because it never happens.

Good call

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

I do. Those are probably the top. 3. Marvin in the middle, and Mo and Lance on the outside. Go into battle with them anytime.?

Hard to be far apart on those guys, theyre so good, so close.  I can see it either way

Id sign up for that trio anytime on my team, any team, any time 

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, section314 said:

I do. Those are probably the top. 3. Marvin in the middle, and Mo and Lance on the outside. Go into battle with them anytime.?

Mehl on the outside?  Nah.  He was the commander and chief out there in the middle.  

• Sympathy 1

I’m going with Leon Johnson. RB played here 3 or 4 years about 20 years ago. I think he finished up his career in Chicago.

I met him before his rookie year, had to be late 90’s.... he gave me some Jets stuff for my daughter and nephew. Nice kid, not a bad player either.

20 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I’m going with Leon Johnson. RB played here 3 or 4 years about 20 years ago. I think he finished up in Chicago.

I met him before his rookie year, he gave me some Jets stuff for my daughter and nephew. Nice kid, not a bad player either.

yup.  Perfect for this list.  

I'll add one of my favorites:    jets-running-back-leon-washington-dances

and the other #29, Adrian Murell

• Sympathy 1

Eric decker. The rare glimmer of professionalism and reliability in an era otherwise known for incompetence and half-assedness. Never complained about anything, always gave 100%

Also a handsome dude, maybe the handsomest Jet ever. Not saying much, but it must count for something

2f152e6310d6dfab536b21c9a2c9b8bc.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

the mother-of-all-median-Jets:

#14 Richard Todd

Strangely, this is a very difficult game to find.  This clip is all I've seen on YouTube (and I haven't found the game elsewhere).

There's also a clip on the Jets website but also only ~4 minutes.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/1982-2nd-round-playoff-game-vs-raiders-2437508

38 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Eric decker. The rare glimmer of professionalism and reliability in an era otherwise known for incompetence and half-assedness. Never complained about anything, always gave 100%

Also a handsome dude, maybe the handsomest Jet ever. Not saying much, but it must count for something

2f152e6310d6dfab536b21c9a2c9b8bc.jpg

You haven’t seen me yet.

5 hours ago, Lith said:

Not sure he even qualifies as a mediocre player, and I know he is identified more with the Dolphins than Jets, but I gotta go with Jay Fiedler.  Only NFL player to graduate from my High School (Oceanside High).  And although there is no data tracking this, I am pretty confident when I say he is the only NFL player to be bar mitzah'd by the same rabbi that I was.

Not only that, but he is the Jets all time career leader in QB rating among QBs.  Only threw 13 passes, but his Jet passer rating of 113.3 is highest for any Jet QB.  He is only surpassed by Brad Smith at 119.6.

Former Oceanside Sailor (and Temple Avodah congregant) Jay Fiedler.

did you graduate with debbie gibson?

2 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Derrick Gaffney

Rick Lyle

B.J. Askew

Otis Smith

Now that's some rock-solid mediocrity right there.

Otis Smith had one amazing individual game in the Meadowlands....  I think vs the Bills with multiple picks.  

...and just like that, it was gone.

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

did you graduate with debbie gibson?

Wrong high school.  Pretty sure she is from Merrick.  Not Oceanside.

Our famous alums are Fiedler, Robert Iger (Disney CEO until he stepped down earlier this year), 1970s KC Royals pitcher Dennis Leonard and Yankee team president Randy Levine.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Wrong high school.  Pretty sure whe is from Merrick.  Not Oceanside.

Our famous alums are Fiedler, Robert Iger (Disney CEO until he stepped down earlier this year), 1970s KC Royals pitcher Dennis Leonard and Yankee team president Randy Levine.

Pretty sure she went to Calhoun and graduated around 89.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Who’s the second best QB in Jets history?

Certainly no one better of middle of the road.  

Soon to be Darnold but currently probably either Vinny or O'Brien.  (hopefully people don't think it's Chaddy cakes)