Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Rumor has it that in 2021 the NFL is going to rescind the one-helmet-per-team rule and then we can have our throwbacks.  Green helmets can become white, problem solved.

In the short-term, the Jets new uniforms are barely a year old and they are going to market them and sell as many jerseys and caps as they can.  When that starts to slow down, then they'll consider an alternate like our 68's.  I would guess that won't even come up in conversation until 2025.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Rumor has it that in 2021 the NFL is going to rescind the one-helmet-per-team rule and then we can have our throwbacks.  Green helmets can become white, problem solved.

With the new green helmets, the 80's unis can be used as throwbacks at any time, and I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MykePM said:

With the new green helmets, the 80's unis can be used as throwbacks at any time, and I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

samlev.jpg

The 80's unis have no charm and represent nothing but frustration and losing.  Watching Darnold prance around dressed like Esiason and O'Donnell would be nauseating. 

And the new uniforms are actually the 80's uniforms updated, they've got the same vibe, the green helmets and the black trim around the numbers and the white stripes, feels the same,just modernized.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new uniforms are horrible.

Two reasons why..

1. The stupid, unimaginative logo on the helmet.

2. The hideous bars and NEW YORK on the jerseys.

Put a decent logo on the helmet, clean up the crap on the jersey, go back to stripes on the sleeves and the pants.

Boom. We’re good.

  • Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Aside from 3-4 years out of 50+ all this franchise knows is frustration & losing, so I don’t really see how that matters.

The 68's are iconic and synonymous with Broadway Joe and Super Bowl III, the Parcells resurgence, and the brief AFC Championship era in '09 and '10.

The 80's uniforms have not a single happy memory associated with them.  Barkum in '81?  51-45 in '86?  Allegre in '91?  Those aren't great memories.  Fake Spike.  Roughing The Passer.  Shovel Pass.  Neil O'Donnell.  Ritchie Kotite.  Those are some nasty uniforms attached to some nasty events.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but the 80's look better... 🙄 (Iget it ... you're associating losing with the uniforms.. but then again.. the uniforms we just left.. record wise were pretty bad..)

I wish we could of kept the 80's logo and done some form of retro future look - even a deep green pattern on the helmet to give it a 3-d look I DUNNO... but back on topic.. YES I hope to see both the 68's and 80's ...all come back least 2 games a season.. I mean why not?  I bet the fans will love it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

The new uniforms are horrible.

Two reasons why..

1. The stupid, unimaginative logo on the helmet.

2. The hideous bars and NEW YORK on the jerseys.

Put a decent logo on the helmet, clean up the crap on the jersey, go back to stripes on the sleeves and the pants.

Boom. We’re good.

Untitled.jpg

stripes.jpg

The logo on the helmet is the same logo we had for 40 years on our classic '68 uniforms.  Instead of two footballs, they went down to one, and the NY logo was relocated to the front of the jersey.

The "bars" aren't bars, they are the logo from the 80's uniforms, it's just a cut/paste of the "wedge" airplane swoosh that was on the helmet.

The current uniform is 70% the 80's uniform, 10% the 60's uniform, and 20% new Nike design language.  It's modern yet has cues linking it to the past.  It's fine.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

69272197-844C-4635-A5F6-FADDBE8DE3C7.thumb.jpeg.4d8373c3bf985134e234d6189ab121fb.jpeg

36D36EF6-0D6E-440C-A1B2-69677A6DE630.thumb.jpeg.f3f2efd8e3300b60a0a96b2af30daac0.jpeg

7E3C6909-C3A2-4E59-BF01-FA79AA42B9EE.thumb.jpeg.2d9127fb31ff9a7333c5001aabe62ef9.jpeg

36750DB0-25A8-40B2-A90B-5F7BEB36FBF9.thumb.jpeg.132704e751101d549ab3fc36a071f11a.jpeg

33227127-53F5-445C-90C9-238C1123AD3F.thumb.jpeg.4c6612d2a68e248b030bcd0c7e80c3ea.jpeg

I agree with @SAR I.  All the new uniforms are gorgeous.  However, as I've said before, my friends and I are Nike's target demographic so I get why the older crowd isn't a fan.

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes.... Yes..... YEs..... YES!!!!!! 

A new uniform thread!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Untitled.jpg

stripes.jpg

The logo on the helmet is the same logo we had for 40 years on our classic '68 uniforms.  Instead of two footballs, they went down to one, and the NY logo was relocated to the front of the jersey.

The "bars" aren't bars, they are the logo from the 80's uniforms, it's just a cut/paste of the "wedge" airplane swoosh that was on the helmet.

The current uniform is 70% the 80's uniform, 10% the 60's uniform, and 20% new Nike design language.  It's modern yet has cues linking it to the past.  It's fine.

SAR I

Lol.

i’ve seen you do the bars/wings thing. I even bought into it’s being the reason they are there. The helmet logo? Sorry. It’s a fail. Plain and simple.

Here’s the thing though.

I agree with @Mogglez. I’m not the target audience here. I believe a lot of the younger fans like this look.

That said though I’d be willing to bet that once the 5 year wait period is up, the Jets waste no time (see Cleveland Browns) and change the uniforms again.

They lose the bars, the chest lettering, and the goofy logo. Hopefully they do what the Browns just did, and what we should’ve done. Go back to your classic uniform, and give it a slightly more modern look. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The 68's are iconic and synonymous with Broadway Joe and Super Bowl III, the Parcells resurgence, and the brief AFC Championship era in '09 and '10.

The 80's uniforms have not a single happy memory associated with them.  Barkum in '81?  51-45 in '86?  Allegre in '91?  Those aren't great memories.  Fake Spike.  Roughing The Passer.  Shovel Pass.  Neil O'Donnell.  Ritchie Kotite.  Those are some nasty uniforms attached to some nasty events.

SAR I

^ not a real fan.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The center of the fan base now (anyone 30-50) grew up with the 78-98 uniform

bring it back! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Untitled.jpg

stripes.jpg

The logo on the helmet is the same logo we had for 40 years on our classic '68 uniforms.  Instead of two footballs, they went down to one, and the NY logo was relocated to the front of the jersey.

The "bars" aren't bars, they are the logo from the 80's uniforms, it's just a cut/paste of the "wedge" airplane swoosh that was on the helmet.

The current uniform is 70% the 80's uniform, 10% the 60's uniform, and 20% new Nike design language.  It's modern yet has cues linking it to the past.  It's fine.

SAR I

I can agree with you here. I’m certainly in the minority that the new uni’s are gorgeous.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's modern yet has cues linking it to the past.  It's fine.

The main reason I enjoy them^. They struck a good balance between modern & past concepts imo. They did better approaching it like that rather than if they would of started from scratch. It’s also not exactly Kelly Green. Maybe a shade or two darker. Probably an Emerald color if I had to label it. Much better.  I hated Hunter green tbh.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, like the Parcells remake of our classic uni's, but I could care less which uni's as long as we DUMP the current helmet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

The center of the fan base now (anyone 30-50) grew up with the 78-98 uniform

bring it back! 

I always loved the way those uniforms made the players look.  With the stripes on the sleeves and those pretty large numbers on the tops of their shoulders they made the players look large, really vee'd out.  

I just hated the green they used on that uniform and the green of the helmet.  Use the current green, the green helmet on those uniforms and they'd be sharp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

The new uniforms are horrible.

Two reasons why..

1. The stupid, unimaginative logo on the helmet.

2. The hideous bars and NEW YORK on the jerseys.

Put a decent logo on the helmet, clean up the crap on the jersey, go back to stripes on the sleeves and the pants.

Boom. We’re good.

Every sport, every team in every sport has their city on their chest.

Jets do it and for some reason its something to complain about, I'll never understand that one

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TNJet said:

Can we atleast make our classic green and whites as our throwback alternates now? I'd love seeing them atleast twice a year so I know I'm watching the Jets again. Thoughts? Yay or nay?

The league is supposedly going away from the 1 helmet rule which will open things up for throwback uniforms again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Untitled.jpg

stripes.jpg

The logo on the helmet is the same logo we had for 40 years on our classic '68 uniforms.  Instead of two footballs, they went down to one, and the NY logo was relocated to the front of the jersey.

The "bars" aren't bars, they are the logo from the 80's uniforms, it's just a cut/paste of the "wedge" airplane swoosh that was on the helmet.

The current uniform is 70% the 80's uniform, 10% the 60's uniform, and 20% new Nike design language.  It's modern yet has cues linking it to the past.  It's fine.

SAR I

The word on the front is not a "logo" it is text from the logo. when you look at just a jersey for the New York now all you see is a "new york" jersey, no identifiable "JETS" mark. If you aren't a football person and just see that jersey you probably don't know its the NEW YORK   .....   jets because it relies on the helmet to identify the team. 

The "wedge" is not a "copy/paste" it is inverted - and without the "tail" of the plane it does not in any way say "jet". it does not read as such. it is literally just a "stroke". The fact that you have to try and do this much to explain it to jets fans (people who love the team) should tell you all you need to know. 

The 80's JETS logo should have been refreshed and used on the helmet. or a new logo should have been created

The new word mark with the football is my least favorite part of what the jets tried to do. it is lazy and unimaginative. 

 

I really like the white and black uniforms, they pop. the green helmet color is great. i like the colors of the uniforms in general. I wish they change the shoulder wedge to a less thick, more fierce and angled, and used the JETS mark on the jersey. no team needs a football in the logo. hint at it with a oval shape, ok... but to have that and then also have a microsoft clip art looking football on top of the name is dumb, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Every sport, every team in every sport has their city on their chest.

Jets do it and for some reason its something to complain about, I'll never understand that one

balls.jpg

Agreed.

Same for the people who complain "we don't need a football on the helmet to tell people we are a football team!" and then don't say the same thing about all the other NYC metro teams that have done the same damn thing since before they were born.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stark said:

The word on the front is not a "logo" it is text from the logo. when you look at just a jersey for the New York now all you see is a "new york" jersey, no identifiable "JETS" mark. If you aren't a football person and just see that jersey you probably don't know its the NEW YORK   .....   jets because it relies on the helmet to identify the team. 

Come now.  Look at the Yankees road jersey.  Look at the Mets road jersey.  And for decades no NFL team had any text on the front of the jersey at all.   And with all the color rush and alternate jerseys, its even more confusing. NFL fans know who whose jersey is whose.  Saying "New York" on the front of any garment increases sales markedly as non-NFL fans just like the association with the big fancy city.

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

The "wedge" is not a "copy/paste" it is inverted - and without the "tail" of the plane it does not in any way say "jet". it does not read as such. it is literally just a "stroke". The fact that you have to try and do this much to explain it to jets fans (people who love the team) should tell you all you need to know. 

It's identical.  Nike took that element from the old logo and incorporated it in the new design.  It looks like the nose of a jet, or a jet engine contrail, or a stripe showing fast motion.  It works.

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

The 80's JETS logo should have been refreshed and used on the helmet. or a new logo should have been created

Why?  The 80's logo had a terrible italic font and looked like an SST which might have been cutting edge back in the 70's but the Concorde has been rendered obsolete and to copy a stealth fighter would have looked too military.

And a new logo was created.  The helmet logo uses an adjusted font and an adjusted football.

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

I really like the white and black uniforms, they pop. the green helmet color is great. I wish they change the shoulder wedge to a less thick, more fierce and angled, and used the JETS mark on the jersey. no team needs a football in the logo. hint at it with a oval shape, ok... but to have that and then also have a microsoft clip art looking football on top of the name is dumb, IMO.

SENTENCE.jpg

The Jets logo has always said "New York Jets Football".  Because the "New York" lives on the front of the jersey, the helmet only needs to say "Jets Football".  And it does.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

balls.jpg

Agreed.

Same for the people who complain "we don't need a football on the helmet to tell people we are a football team!" and then don't say the same thing about all the other NYC metro teams that have done the same damn thing since before they were born.

SAR I

I may be crazy but I have no issue at all with the "New York" above the numbers.  To me it looks fine, and as a new yorker I kind of like it more and more

Is it ok to use team names, just not the city they play for?

ff_3892428-0735bf1c98f6c23b782falt1_full

ff_3809305-1df23d343c9ae6ea66ed_full.jpg

 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

31B1D961-9177-49AF-A718-3818B91A53F0.jpeg

Keep the helmet logo, give it a white face mask and get right of the black outlines.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

31B1D961-9177-49AF-A718-3818B91A53F0.jpeg

Improvement. The New York across the chest needs to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Stark said:

The 80's JETS logo should have been refreshed and used on the helmet. or a new logo should have been created

I'm with you here.

I dont hate the look of the new helmet but I agree.  That old logo on the helmet was great and its greatness is embodied by the fact so many still like it and wish it were on the new uniform.  After all these years and whatever bad mojo some imagine

Wort part to me is that old logo goes so perfect with the look of the new uniform, with those points on the shoulders.  

I would bet most would be happy with the combo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

The center of the fan base now (anyone 30-50) grew up with the 78-98 uniform

bring it back! 

essence.jpg

essence2.jpg

Come now, the essence of our new uniforms is the same as our old uniforms.

Green helmets, check.  Dark facemasks, check.  Shoulder numbers, check.  Shoulder stripes, check.  White numerals with black outlines, check. Brighter green, check.  The vibe is the same.  From the typical seat in the stadium, they look identical.

You got what you wanted.  We are wearing the 80's uniforms.  Just modernized slightly.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we've established SAR thinks Adam Gase is the best Head Coach in the NFL, and the Jets new Uniforms are the best uniforms ever.

Noted.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

73068146_medium.jpg

Still say these made us look bigger and stronger. Loved those huge shoulder numbers.  Leave the Steinberg black outlines out and put all this numbering on our uniforms and I'd be happier

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...