Looks like Avery Williamson is staying?

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Blessuan Austin's spot as a starter is tenuous at best.  If he does start this year, I imagine it'll be the last year he holds that job, as Douglas will undoubtedly be looking for bigtime upgrades at CB.

And when you're picking # 3 overall, just getting 1-2 starters out of the deal isn't enough.  

Nothing we can do about it now, and the GM who made those picks is gone.  But still.  I don't think we should be looking back on that 2018 draft with much positivity.  Especially since Quinnen Williams hasn't shown much more than run-stuffing abilities to date as yet another high pick DT.  

I guess I have higher hopes for Bless than you do. But either way, right now the way the roster at CB is set up, a starting job is his to lose. If he solidifies himself as a starter in 2020- beating out the likes of Maulet and Wilson (in this scenario I'm assuming Desir is the #1 CB) I don't see why he wouldn't be a starter in 2021, especially with Desir and Poole being on 1 year deals. 

I'm excited about the Hall pick but it seems like some Jet fans are penciling him in as a starter already. He still needs to overcome his injury and beat out the other guys on this roster, Maybe in 2021 he will have a chance to start. 

In fact, out of ALL the CBs we have on the roster, my money right now would be on Bless to be one of the remaining starters in 2021. If he stays healthy and plays the way he played last year I don;t see why that won't happen. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/7/2020 at 6:09 AM, Jetster said:

Saw an article about the Jets keeping him. Makes sense as we're not at the cap. Always good to have good players. Mosely stays healthy Jets will have one of the best LB cores in the league. 

Mosley still isn't healthy although cleared, generally if a guy is not healthy after this much time, there's a chance he never fully recovers.

Don't take Mosley ever playing at 100% for granted, I'm not sure he makes it back, I hope and pray that he does, I remember a guy named Lance Mehl, he was an inside linebacker and was all world, the best in the league, Jets were unstoppable with this guy, then one day he blows out a knee, and he's gone for good. Arian Foster was unreal, until his

groin injury ended his career.

On 7/7/2020 at 1:36 PM, Beerfish said:

Very good player as is mosley, saying that ilbs do not move the needle and going from great play to good is not hard.  See last year.

I did see the proof of how wrong this statement is.

The Jets with Mosley in the middle were destroying the Bills and causing every problem imaginable for Allen.  Ray Lewis, Mike Singletary, Dick Butkus, whoever, they didnt move the needle.  OK, sure.  

The idea that safeties, as you've said dont move the needle and Its and DTs, well that 5 of 11 defenders and proving again how little this post has to do with reality.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I guess I have higher hopes for Bless than you do. But either way, right now the way the roster at CB is set up, a starting job is his to lose. If he solidifies himself as a starter in 2020- beating out the likes of Maulet and Wilson (in this scenario I'm assuming Desir is the #1 CB) I don't see why he wouldn't be a starter in 2021, especially with Desir and Poole being on 1 year deals. 

I'm excited about the Hall pick but it seems like some Jet fans are penciling him in as a starter already. He still needs to overcome his injury and beat out the other guys on this roster, Maybe in 2021 he will have a chance to start. 

In fact, out of ALL the CBs we have on the roster, my money right now would be on Bless to be one of the remaining starters in 2021. If he stays healthy and plays the way he played last year I don;t see why that won't happen. 

I'm not expecting anything out of Hall in Year 1.  Coming off his injuries I always considered this a "redshirt year" for him.  I do like Maulet and think he can compete for a starting job.

But yes, I do expect Hall to eventually be a CB2, maybe a CB1.  And I expect Douglas will continue to add corners.  Some of which will be high picks and/or free agent splurges.  

So while Bless is currently probably the 2nd best CB on the team, I don't expect that to be the case for long.  By 2021 I expect he'll be a CB4.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I did see the proof of how wrong this statement is.

The Jets with Mosley in the middle were destroying the Bills and causing every problem imaginable for Allen.  Ray Lewis, Mike Singletary, Dick Butkus, whoever, they didnt move the needle.  OK, sure.  

The idea that safeties, as you've said dont move the needle and Its and DTs, well that 5 of 11 defenders and proving again how little this post has to do with reality.  

The reality is that Adams barely moves the needle on defense (low impact). Whatever he contributes towards the run game ultimately is sacrificed at the expense of defending the pass. The only thing Adams is good at is moving his mouth (high impact).

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2020 at 12:25 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

As he should.  There was no reason to be in a rush to cut him.  He was arguably the best player on the team just 2 years ago. 

I'm excited to see if he and Mosley are both healthy, as if they are, they'll be a really fun tandem to watch.

I'm not worried about what we'll have to do with all the other ILB's on the roster, either.  Convert Onwuasor to Safety, cut Burgess and move forward.

Interestingly he had a stronger statistical year than Mosely in 2018 when we decided to give Mosely $17 mil. 

Granted Mosely had more talent around him but it still bears mentioning.  They stay on the field this year and we will see the benefits. 

I have always loved MLB's in my life. Those guys can be the heart and soul of the D. TO have two upper tier guys at the position and seeing them both go down by week 1  was second only to the mono situation in sucktitude last year. 

Jets have a lot of CBs this year & we'll find out who can play. I like that JD goes for guys with some height, lengthy arms, GWs got a group to work with. Let's pray we get lucky & end up with a Seattle situation where these late picks, UDFAs formed a great unit. We have guys sans injuries that would have been high 2nd round picks (Bless, Hall), and you never know. 

I thought Bless showed A LOT considering he was out his last year in college, had no camp & stepped onto an NFL football field. He had his ups & downs, probably got worn out both Physically & mentally so GW sat him down, but he's got great potential with a full healthy camp. 

Keeping Avery Williamson, adding Davis, Onwausor and Phillips, Foley, Shepard, Burgess developing, Mosely return, Adams if he stays, if they add a guy like Clowney & he comes to play (1 year show me contract), and that CB group comes together PLUS a guy like QW starts to shine, this defense could be top 5! Stars at every level if just 1 CB elevates his play! 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

The reality is that Adams barely moves the needle on defense (low impact). Whatever he contributes towards the run game ultimately is sacrificed at the expense of defending the pass. The only thing Adams is good at is moving his mouth (high impact).

And yet we as fans love a Reed, Polomala, etc.  

I'll bet you anything that G Williams doesnt agree with you.  That you let your hate of his mouth take a guy we should love because of the way he plays into comments like this.  The idea that a tackler, a hitter, a hustler doesnt help a defense is laughable.

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And yet we as fans love a Reed, Polomala, etc.  

I'll bet you anything that G Williams doesnt agree with you.  That you let your hate of his mouth take a guy we should love because of the way he plays into comments like this.  The idea that a tackler, a hitter, a hustler doesnt help a defense is laughable.

The idea that Adams thinks he's worth 20M per year because he's a tackler, hitter, hustler is ludicrous.  Thats' the description of every defensive player in football.  I don't hate the guy, I just think he's incredibly overrated, nowhere near what he thinks he's worth and is actually a liability in coverage.  If he was sooooo great why aren't teams knocking down JD's door with 2#1's?  You couldn't get Mahomes for 4 #1's.  And mentioning Adams in the same class as Reed and Polomala is just silly. You're better than that.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

The idea that Adams thinks he's worth 20M per year because he's a tackler, hitter, hustler is ludicrous.  Thats' the description of every defensive player in football.  I don't hate the guy, I just think he's incredibly overrated, nowhere near what he thinks he's worth and is actually a liability in coverage.  If he was sooooo great why aren't teams knocking down JD's door with 2#1's?  You couldn't get Mahomes for 4 #1's.  And mentioning Adams in the same class as Reed and Polomala is just silly. You're better than that.

Of course you wouldn't get Mahomes for 4 #1's, lol. If a team offered 4 #1's for Jamal Adams, as good as he is, practically any GM would take that and run. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Of course you wouldn't get Mahomes for 4 #1's, lol. If a team offered 4 #1's for Jamal Adams, as good as he is, practically any GM would take that and run. 

There's not a GM stupid enough to even offer more than a #1 at this point....if even that.

8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

And I don’t agree.  
Find anyone, anywhere who thinks he’s overrated or has a problem with his game.  
He’s a loudmouth on Twitter.  I get that.  I get that it bothers some.   But go away from ripping his game or that no one wants him.  Not wanting to trade for deGrom because you know the Mets would want a haul to trade him doesn’t mean he is overrated.