Adam Gase Approval Rating heading into Training Camp 2020

Adam Gase Approval Rating  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Approve the job Adam Gase is doing as HC of NYJ?

• Approve
    • Disapprove

On 7/8/2020 at 6:21 AM, NYJ1 said:

The decision to approved is easy. He took a team with a garbage roster and won 7 games. Considering how truly bad the Jets have been for years, I'd say winning 7 games constitutes PROGRESS.

It sure was. I preferred McCarthy over Gase but you have to give a HC at least two or three years to show what he can do. He certainly does have a better roster than last year, but the schedule once again is brutal so 8-8 might be the best we can hope for. Still, progress is progress and what I don't want to see are any more blowout losses to the Patriots.

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2020 at 11:54 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

I hated the hire the when it was made and thought it was the worst mistake the Jets organization has made in twenty years. Nothing he's done since then has changed my mind. I think he's the worst coach we've had since I started following the team.

So you must have become a Jets fan after Bowles was fired?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

The hate filled rants against Gase has made me a fan.  The argument that Gase doesn't have a winning record seems absurdly stupid.  The Jets have hired many coaches and GM's who have come from winning organizations and it has made absolutely no difference.   The Jets are a graveyard for the good the bad and the ugly.  There is no evidence that hiring a HC from a winning organization would provide better results.  

The fact that the team has sucked forever or a microsecond depending on how you view the concept of time is irrelevant.  The team needs a great GM, great players and great coaches to win.  Gase has not had that with either Miami or the NY Jets until this year, maybe and we really don't know how good Douglas is and can he overcome the Johnsons suck factor?  To be determined...

Bill Parcells with possibly the greatest coaching staff in NFL history couldn't get this team over the hump.  Mac left this team in shambles.  This is year 1 of the rebuild.  Gase deserves 5 years just because Jets fans and a couple of dueche bags who cover the team tried to sabotage him in year 1.  All he did was take a team where the wheels were failing off and kept at it.  5 year plan this is year 2.  I'm all in.

• Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The hate filled rants against Gase has made me a fan.  The argument that Gase doesn't have a winning record seems absurdly stupid.  The Jets have hired many coaches and GM's who have come from winning organizations and it has made absolutely no difference.   The Jets are a graveyard for the good the bad and the ugly.  There is no evidence that hiring a HC from a winning organization would provide better results.  

The fact that the team has sucked forever or a microsecond depending on how you view the concept of time is irrelevant.  The team needs a great GM, great players and great coaches to win.  Gase has not had that with either Miami or the NY Jets until this year, maybe and we really don't know how good Douglas is and can he overcome the Johnsons suck factor?  To be determined...

Bill Parcells with possibly the greatest coaching staff in NFL history couldn't get this team over the hump.  Mac left this team in shambles.  This is year 1 of the rebuild.  Gase deserves 5 years just because Jets fans and a couple of dueche bags who cover the team tried to sabotage him in year 1.  All he did was take a team where the wheels were failing off and kept at it.  5 year plan this is year 2.  I'm all in.

I share your sentiments and reasoning 100%!

Thanks for stating it far more lucidly than could I.

Do we approve of Gase's Job performance as HC?  Well that depends on what people consider good.  If bringing a 4-12 team up to 7-9 is considered good, then the answer is Yes.  If people are looking for drastic improvements then the answer is no.

I'm anxiously awaiting the first moment of Gase's career where he shows any success at coaching when he isn't standing on the sidelines watching Peyton Manning call plays at the line.

Although I guess if you want to give him credit for the mediocre performance of a team completely carried by the defense that he himself admitted to having no involvement with, then sure, I guess he's doing alright.

• Upvote 2