Mims calls Philadelphia a 'dirty-a--, trash-a-- city

Jets rookie wide receiver Denzel Mims calls Philadelphia a 'dirty-a--, trash-a-- city'

By Shanna McCarriston

17m ago1 min read

The relationship between New York and Philadelphia is not always a good one, with a rivalry that is particularly apparent in sports. New York Jets wide receiver Denzel Mims has strong opinions on the city of brotherly love, and spoiler alert: it's not a feeling of love. 

Mims, a second-round pick taken No. 59 overall, doesn't appreciate the feeling Philly gives and often the fierce, energetic and outspoken people of the city. Things like climbing telephone poles after winning a Super Bowl don't appeal to everyone I guess. 

The 22-year-old was asked a question about what he thought of Philadelphia while on a live stream of Call of Duty and gave a very honest answer.

The 2020 Jets draft pick said:

"I didn't like that dirty-a--, trash-a-- city."#Jets rookie WR Denzel Mims on his pre-draft interview with the #Eagles : “I didn’t like that dirty a**, trash a** city.” (Video : phillybirdsonly IG) pic.twitter.com/Cws1KUtMk1— JPA

(@jpafootball) July 5, 2020

I guess East Rutherford, New Jersey is more his speed.

Mims has discussed Philly before while on the Inside the Birds podcast saying, "I wasn't familiar with the whole city, and it was a lot going on. You see a lot of people that look scary. I'm not part of that, I don't like that. I had a bad experience, you could say, going up there that first time."

He said he was "very scared" while there.

The rivalry between the Philadelphia Eagles and Jets may not be the most intense in the NFL or even for the Eagles (see: Dallas Cowboys), but I don't think Philadelphia will be that welcoming whenever New York comes to town.

The two teams don't meet frequently but were scheduled for a Week 4 preseason game at Lincoln Financial Field. The NFL is shortening the 2020 preseason due to the coronavirus pandemic, so there's a good chance Mims misses out on visiting his favorite city this year.
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

facepalm-kain-678x381px.jpg

Such empty stupid trash talking by a guy who hasn't even put on a NFL uniform yet.  But of course, JN loves it.  Double facepalm....

I think it is more about JN not liking the city of Philadelphia 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:C'mon, you big baby. So thin skinned about crap. LOL 

Not thin skinned at all. I’ve just come to hate the attitude of New Yorkers tbqh. /shrug

Mims should still stfu. Do something first. Talk is cheap and usually dumb.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not thin skinned at all. I’ve just come to hate the attitude of New Yorkers tbqh. /shrug

Mims should still stfu. Do something first. Talk is cheap and usually dumb.

It’s hard when you live in the greatest city in the world

And that is what NYC is

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s hard when you live in the greatest city in the world

And that is what NYC is

That’s a matter of opinion. I think just as many people if not more hate NYC and want nothing to do with it. 
There’s a reason why people have been leaving the metro area like there’s a plague. 

I think he’s still angry that Philly past on him. Didn’t he say he was going to make every team that passed on him pay? He might be a sensitive as Adams. 

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

facepalm-kain-678x381px.jpg

Such empty stupid trash talking by a guy who hasn't even put on a NFL uniform yet.  But of course, JN loves it.  Double facepalm....

Yep. He really should have been more descriptive. “It’s the sheethole of the Northeast. PDM. Philly don’t matter”.

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I used to date a native of Germantown for 3 years (her brother is the bassist for The Casualties). Anyway, we took a trip to Philly and picked up her mom and drove through North Philly. Every other house was abandoned. We got to this side street and this cat just stopped in the middle of the street and we didn't get out of the car to move it. We stayed there for ten minutes. 

There were bbqs that were just barrels sawed in half. A man had a Brian Dawkins jersey that was just the shadows of numbers and letters at that point. 

Her mother wanted to show us every single place she ever took a piss in as a six year old. 

I finally texted my gf from the backseat, Can We Get The **** Out Of Here?

Some of Philly I liked.

I think I was on that street. I was thinking of relocating out there a few years ago and went to check out an apartment. I’m Puerto Rican but look white. Not fazed by ghettos/slums or the culture but not looking to live in one again and definitely not one w/o diversity. Anyways, I see this is one sheethole , impoverished hood with zero diversity. A huge warehouse sits across the street, totally destroyed. I notice the hood is Filthy, abandoned, not a cop seen in miles. I drive through, slow on the block, and I get these astonishing looks from everyone on the street (WTF is this MF doing around here).  I don’t bother to get out the car and just drove thru slowly. People were yelling 5-O coming thru. Lucky for me I have that look. ?

• Haha 2