More news from Jamal...

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jamal is the asshat tweeting or have you not figured that out?  What other jets player is constantly bleating about something?  We do not pick on them because they keep their mouths shut.

He's a 100% phony tool of a player, can;t wait until he and his 60 tackles an .666 ints per year are gone.

Don;t want the fan base to pick on Jamal?  Call him up and tell him to just stop tweeting, instagramming et etc etc

Really?  No kidding, hes a child tweeting away.  We all know this.  Sorry every sound he makes doesn’t need the same 4+ pages calling him every name and some showing how little they know when they go after his game instead of his mouth and moving on.  

He’s good.  Really good.  Anyone who watches him knows that.  Well almost anyone.  But he’s a child with a phone.

I didn’t say a word about picking on Jamal.  I haven’t come close to defending him.  I’m saying he said nothing of significance here and here we go, the sam old Jamal sucks, he has to go stuff

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Read the OP...

"Time waits for no man or women! I don't have time to keep building! I just want to WIN. I Don't know when it's going to be my last play or day!"

Translation: "I don't see myself winning with this team, so I want to go to a better one."

No after he talks about careers being 3 years and talk of him being traded I take it as there are win now teams so that’s where I want to go.  I don’t take it as my team sucks

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Here we go TB12 said:

This guy is all over the place, time to move him. He clearly wants out and will only be a distraction for a team that is trying to build a new culture

C9B7C9A9-35EB-459D-8C9A-5611E873925B.jpeg.dc3cee58f1b81694a6475fd7f190435b.jpeg

If he's complaining about the average NFL Career being only 3 years, then "why did he want to be an NFL player?"  I've worked the last 39 years, and I have made under 4 million  dollars if you combine all 39 years.  I have gotten anxiety issues from my job that caused me to be under a psychiatric care, taking paxel, klonopin and lexapro.  

I could go on and on, but who really cares anyway?  

How much has Jamal made over his last 3 years?  Around 15 million, I believe.

I don't feel bad for him.  I'm happy if he gets paid, but not going to worry about Jamal if he doesn't get paid. 

It's called putting things into perspective, which is hard to do for elite NFL football players.

Jamal would feel cheated if he got a $48M dollar contract for 4 years, but for 99.9% of the population, it would be a grand slam home run!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Again his beef isn’t with the Jets then, it’s with his fellow members of the NFLPA that negotiated the last CBA.  He can’t see that, and apparently neither do you.

It should be.  I’ve said that all along.  Don’t know where I don’t see anything.  I’ve said before.  The union protected him with 6th overall slotted money and now that he’s outplayed it what they didn’t leave him an out?

I hate this redo my deal shlt and do not want to pay him 

My point is Jamal tweets and someone can’t wait to run to the board to start another thread like the dozens of other digging deep into what his mindless tweets mean

Two different things

• Thumb Down 1

Jamal, you’ll never get respect this way.You’ll go down in football history as nothing but a mercenary for hire...basically the Terrell Owens of DBs.

No team will want to build a team around someone who’s so self centred as yourself. You’ll end up going City to City, 1year contract after 1 year contract.

We can lose with you and without you.

good riddance.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No after he talks about careers being 3 years and talk of him being traded I take it as there are win now teams so that’s where I want to go.  I don’t take it as my team sucks

Which is why the Jets shouldn't allow an unhappy safety under 25 years old try to influence how the team is being built. Douglas has come in here and is trying to build through the draft, creating a strong foundation, rather than being like the free spenders of past Jets front offices. Douglas has earned that right, based on his track record in other front offices. Just because Adams wants to win now doesn't mean he should impact how the team is being built. 

Some guys want to help a team become a winner. Others want to go to established winners and ride their coattails to a ring.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I don’t see anything wrong with what he said. He wants to make as much money as he can and win a championship if possible before his career is over. I’m guessing most professional athletes want this. 

You realize that asking to be traded to the cowboys,a team in cap hell, is not the best way to "make as much money as he can"?

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I have to agree with Nut here. Jamal wasn’t dissing his 52 current teammates, he was just heaping praise on his 52 future teammates. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I don’t see anything wrong with what he said. He wants to make as much money as he can and win a championship if possible before his career is over. I’m guessing most professional athletes want this. 

Not many people would have a real issue with this line of thought or talk if he was not such a sheer and utter full of sheet phony.

He is not a leader you want you follow.

He is not really concerned if the NY Jets win.

He doesn't give a spit about his team mates.

He doesn't love football so much that the 'the field is a good place to die'

• Post of the Week 2

44 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Which is why the Jets shouldn't allow an unhappy safety under 25 years old try to influence how the team is being built. Douglas has come in here and is trying to build through the draft, creating a strong foundation, rather than being like the free spenders of past Jets front offices. Douglas has earned that right, based on his track record in other front offices. Just because Adams wants to win now doesn't mean he should impact how the team is being built. 

Some guys want to help a team become a winner. Others want to go to established winners and ride their coattails to a ring.

When does any 25 year old actually get to influence a build?

No one within the Jets cares what he thinks 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I have to agree with Nut here. Jamal wasn’t dissing his 52 current teammates, he was just heaping praise on his 52 future teammates. 

You can deep dive into this and come up with whatever you want, it’s your opinion.  
I find it kind of funny that we not only talk about the need to rebuild the OL, the WR unit, RB, the offense all around, the DBs whatever and then when a player says if he’s traded he wants to go to a team ready to win and we’re offended that he looks at the team as in a rebuild. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Not many people would have a real issue with this line of thought or talk if he was not such a sheer and utter full of sheet phony.

He is not a leader you want you follow.

He is not really concerned if the NY Jets win.

He doesn't give a spit about his team mates.

He doesn't love football so much that the 'the field is a good place to die'

Unfortunately I think more and more athletes have his attitude.

I agree he’s a thin shined douche that spends way too much time on social media but I can think of a few other people that are much more important to society that are as well.  

Something obviously happened that upset him that we don’t know about (unless it’s just not getting a call about a new contract). I also feel like he trolls fans sometimes like a bunch of Jet writers do. They’re kind of easy targets. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Unfortunately I think more and more athletes have his attitude.

I agree he’s a thin shined douche that spends way too much time on social media but I can think of a few other people that are much more important to society that are as well.  

Something obviously happened that upset him that we don’t know about (unless it’s just not getting a call about a new contract). I also feel like he trolls fans sometimes like a bunch of Jet writers do. They’re kind of easy targets. 

Sure, but none of them are on a football team we follow.  

Throw Jamal in a rocket and fire him at the Sun.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You realize that asking to be traded to the cowboys,a team in cap hell, is not the best way to "make as much money as he can"?

I said a long time ago he wasn’t going to Dallas and if he did he still doesn’t have a very good chance of winning a championship or getting paid. It is a good place to live financially especially compared to NY/NJ but they have way to much overhead and future overhead already.