George Kittle

38 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What it truly means to be "GOAT quality" is debatable, but 2007 had Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, Darrelle Revis and Patrick Willis. That's pretty incredible. 

Great class, but other than Revis, I don't see any of those guys in discussions for GOAT at their position. CJ might have had the best shot if continued playing, but even then, Rice and Moss are 1 & 2 in almost everyone's books. If I were starting a team tomorrow and needed 1 WR and didn't have Bill Walsh's schemes before they hit the mainstream, I'd take Randy Moss over anyone else, every single time. 

Edit: I think most people probably have primetime and nighttrain lane ahead of Revis. I'm too young to know about either of those two and I'm probably biased, but 2009 Revis was the best I've ever seen, and the data backs that up. Still, his career and his peak were too short, and similar to Rice with Walsh, I wonder how much Rex's defenses had to do with Revis' numbers that year. If we're talking careers, I might take Champ's over Revis'. 

53 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOL.  Nope. Q was the last straw. Funny thing is, if we still had Rex, Bowles, Mangini, or Herm, Mac would still be here.

The drafting of yet ANOTHER DT the year after drafting your supposed FQB, who had zero legit playmakers and a garbage OL disgusted Gase to the point that he not only literally checked out of the rest of the draft,  he explained to Ownership why the man was a clueless dinosaur that needed to go. @SAR I

Glad you're better. 

In 5 years he drafted 2 DTs with the top pick, not a big deal.  Again, no one knew a thing about QW when Macc was fired, QW had nothing to do with it.

Dealing with Macc was supposed to be a problem, when the new guy at HC couldn't communicate with him, when the reports came in from those that dealt with him, the last straw was reached.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOL.  Nope. Q was the last straw. Funny thing is, if we still had Rex, Bowles, Mangini, or Herm, Mac would still be here.

The drafting of yet ANOTHER DT the year after drafting your supposed FQB, who had zero legit playmakers and a garbage OL disgusted Gase to the point that he not only literally checked out of the rest of the draft,  he explained to Ownership why the man was a clueless dinosaur that needed to go. @SAR I

Adam Gase is the gift that keeps on giving.  Has done everything right off the field.  Now just needs a full season with a healthy team.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Great class, but other than Revis, I don't see any of those guys in discussions for GOAT at their position.

Well sure, because their careers are over.  But nearly all the guys on that list were in the GOAT discussion while they were nearing or entering their primes.  Just like Mahomes and Kittle are already entering GOAT discussions now.  Just because they didn't end up being GOATs doesn't make that any less true.  Just like Mahomes and Kittle might not end up GOATs.

Adrian Peterson was a devastating force and absolutely in the GOAT discussion for much of his career.

47 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

In 5 years he drafted 2 DTs with the top pick, not a big deal.  Again, no one knew a thing about QW when Macc was fired, QW had nothing to do with it.

Dealing with Macc was supposed to be a problem, when the new guy at HC couldn't communicate with him, when the reports came in from those that dealt with him, the last straw was reached.  

Leonard Williams 

Deon Simon

Nate Sheppard 

Foley Fatukasi

Quinnen Williams 

How much draft capital can one team throw away on Defensive Tackles? LOL

And that's AFTER the Wilkenson, Richardson, K. Ellis, Coples Debacle. 

You do realize that Mac drafted QW, right? Mac was fired AFTER the 2019 draft. You understand that, yes? LOL. 

Really? LOL. 

ok.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He got fired for drafting two guys before last season before the season even started and the jury was in? 

No he wasn't, he was fired for outside of the first, couldn't find enough players.  

And for bonus points apparently was a dick to deal with

Pretty simple

I'm confused. Do you not remember how last offseason went? Legitimately curious. 

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Leonard Williams 

Deon Simon

Nate Sheppard 

Foley Fatukasi

Quinnen Williams 

How much draft capital can one team throw away on Defensive Tackles? LOL

And that's AFTER the Wilkenson, Richardson, Coples Debacle. 

You do realize that Mac drafted QW, right? Mac was fired AFTER the 2019 draft. You understand that, yes? LOL. 

Really? LOL. 

ok.

Really?  

First round picks, I clearly said 2 first rounds and you added Farukasi and Dion?  Really?

Fatukasi, 6th round?

Dion, 7th round?

This is why he was fired?  Two top rated players taken 1st and depth taken late?  

I know we hate the guy but a pretty solid plan if they work out.

He was fired for the way he interacted with the rest of the staff and people in "the building" as it was reported.  

One more time, read it carefully and think, he was fired in your opinion for drafting QW.  Before he played a down?  Because, wait for it.  No one knew he would take QW with the 1st pick if he were available in the months leading up to the draft?  OK, done, you have no concept of the draft.  Everyone, Gase, CJohnson, etc all knew thats who he would take if the first two picks went the way they did

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He got fired for drafting two guys before last season before the season even started and the jury was in? 

No he wasn't, he was fired for outside of the first, couldn't find enough players.  

And for bonus points apparently was a dick to deal with

Pretty simple

Mac was fired because Gase threw him under the boss last summer with the Johnsons

Before Gase, Mac had no one in the organization to challenge him on his stupidity.  

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Mac was fired because Gase threw him under the boss last summer with the Johnsons

Before Gase, Mac had no one in the organization to challenge him on his stupidity.  

What I said somewhere, Gase complained that Macc didn't work well in "the building".

But he sure as shlt wasn't fired for drafting QW.  Thats wrong

18 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

This is the dumbest post I've seen in a while. It's his father, duh.

18 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

This is the dumbest post I've seen in a while. It's his father, duh.

You can say that again!! must have baseball on my mind!!!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Mac's 2017 draft surpassed Idzik's 2014 disaster. Passing on Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Watson for a safety will go down (if it hasn't already) as the biggest draft flub in team history. Worse than taking Ken O'Brien over Dan Marino. Way worse.

I agree, especially since there were many on this site talking about taking QBs until we find one. He overdrafted Hack (I still can't believe he took a QB that his own college coach passed on) and how ironic that he passes on Watson because he drafted Hack & Obrien drafts Wilson (double ouch). 

There were many, many Jet fans that post here that swore on their mothers graves that Hack was a bust pick when it was made & they were right. Jets have stupid ownership who continually had idiots at GM. Even Parcells was a terrible draft shopper (He passed on 3 future HOFs in 1 draft, Pace, Jones & Gonzales), and drafted a LB. That's Maccagnan stuff folks. Free agency & his reputation saved Parcells.

The situation in which the Jets fired Maccagnan became a joke on sports talk shows (fired AFTER the draft), BUT, I think it will turn out to be the most important TURNING POINT in Jets history acquiring Joe Douglas. His patience after the trade back & still landing Mims was a thing of beauty. It was proof that this guy lives football, did his homework on what other teams needed, and he actually has a real plan for this team & how he wants to build it. If your like me you watched that draft & were saying, "Joe, what are you doing?", and then held your breath as player after player were being drafted & there we were with an extra 3 announcing the Denzel Mims pick. 

He even traded with the hoodie! And got the pick he traded away for Thomas. JD believes in his convictions & will do WHATEVER it takes to make the Jets better. He doesn't concern himself with what OTHER teams are doing. Having Darnold should make that job easier too. 

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase is the gift that keeps on giving.  Has done everything right off the field.  Now just needs a full season with a healthy team.

SAR I

Normally I would just flat out disagree with you. If I had a choice at this moment, I would choose to get rid of Gase.

That said, I feel like I need to stay open to the idea I’m flat out wrong about him because every prior coach we’ve had, I have felt that he was the right guy on and off the field to lead us. Clearly my eye for spotting a winner is not good and maybe going completely against my instincts deserves a shot...?

As far as this thread, I’m embarrassed that it was even started, I have a better shot of getting hit by lightning 15 times today than us in any way acquiring kittle.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2