Will this season start and finish?

Will this season start and finish?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prediction on whether this season is happening.

• The season will start and finish.
    • The season will start but will end prematurely due to a covid outbreak.
    • The season will not happen due to a breakout beforehand.

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

No fans.

Just football on TV.

With the...

Twins!

I see an incident happening where just like the MLS team, half your team contracts it and are unable to play.  Hell even if 10-15 people contract it on the team it's huge.  

• Upvote 1

I think all of the professional leagues start and finish this year. There is way too much money at stake for the players and owners for them not to play.  

I also think many players will test positive which will cause an uproar by the uninformed masses who don't understand that this is built into the calculus of re-opening.  

7 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I guess NBA especially will be a big measuring stick to see if it will actually work.  

The Premier league in soccer has been going on for weeks as are other soccer leagues. Plenty of close contact in soccer. The NBA/NHL/MLB will hopefully  learn from european soccer and the NFL will learn from all of them. 

23 hours ago, The Crusher said:

If it starts it will most certainly finish. 

I'm with you.

If they get the season started they'll more than likely finish.

They'll put in contingencies on players getting sick to keep things competitive and deal with the idea that players will come down with COVID-19.  Like baseball has 

The season will be played, all 17 weeks and playoffs.  The NFL has advantages that MLB and NBA doesn't.

1.  It's a sport where helmets are required and face protection has always been there without interference.  An N95 filter applied under a plexi full-face shield can be developed.

2.  NFL plays 1 game against 1 team per week.  Team gets in/out of a city in 24 hours.  MLB has 3/4 game series.  NBA has 3/4 games per week in different cities.

3.  NFL is an all-weather sport in single-use stadiums.  Season can start in December and end in May if it has to.  No impact to gameplay.  No issues in finding venues.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ljr said:

108169865_3300085706759116_5223202339228740368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_oc=AQniszSMc4vMDQEUL6zeyrT0J9SnAIvXzUr_eNE9-z_pGp49nSFFVMH8NTxbhY7yOeFh2zG4G9hjDH0RNbK5s1aL&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=a252ae31c5ea85de1f82ea1a61f5fa17&oe=5F2E9718

not sure if new info or not, but fyi

“Everything is worked out except the money and the testing” is a nice way of saying that they have no actual plan to do anything and want the players to take the blame when it falls apart. 

• Upvote 2

I hope we have a season .. I miss the game so much ... But ...

The fact that more information is coming out about how this virus attaches itself to the enzymes that surround vital organs through the bloodstream and is causing neurological damage and blood clotting ...

The less possibilty of any sort of season for this year and maybe 2021.

This is not the flu.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Post of the Week 1

I think the season will happen. I also think it is entirely possible that some teams are forced to forfeit games if/when they have an outbreak at their facility.

This is why I am convinced that Belichick will make sure his projected roster will have all already contracted Covid-19 before they report to training camp... It's hard enough to manage a roster with typical football injuries.

6 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I think the season will happen. I also think it is entirely possible that some teams are forced to forfeit games if/when they have an outbreak at their facility.

F that.  Teams shouldn't be penalized for not having enough bodies to play.  Just cancel the game.  

And if that ever happens, where so many players get sick that they can't field a team to play the game that week, the league would need to just cancel the rest of the season.  

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

The fact that more information is coming out about how this virus attaches itself to the enzymes that surround vital organs through the bloodstream and is causing neurological damage and blood clotting ...

This is not the flu.

Ok Dr. Fauchi

Deaths of 60 & under are barely calculable. Are their outliers? Of course as with anything health related. It’s ok for people to work in a grocery store but others can’t work? Now it’s just about Class. Essential might as well mean lowly in this country. Sorry, you can’t have a discussion about the season without discussing differences of opinion. Move to another forum. 

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Ok Dr. Fauchi

Deaths of 60 & under are barely calculable. Are their outliers? Of course as with anything health related. It’s ok for people to work in a grocery store but others can’t work? Now it’s just about Class. Essential might as well mean lowly in this country. Sorry, you can’t have a discussion about the season without discussing differences of opinion. Move to another forum. 

Literally nothing in your post addresses anything he was actually saying.  Take your own advice.

On 7/9/2020 at 9:41 AM, BigRy56 said:

The NFL is stubborn and isn’t letting the money fly away. Unless the government says no sports the entire season will happen 

I agree but I voted that at some point they'll be forced to shut it down. Too much lawsuit potential against the owners/NFL/ states/stadiums etc.....

Just now, Matt39 said:

lawsuit for what?

Players getting sick/dying , players families getting sick/dying , workers at stadiums/concessions/security  all bringing the virus home to their families. The NFL is a cash cow they will absolutely get sued if things go sideways. 

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

This is not the flu.

Tell me about it, believe me I know that beast of virus it is.   People still think this is the Flu or young people have no worries are fooling themselves

And as I said somewhere else, what if a Belichick, Carrol, Reid, Harbaugh etc get it?  Never mind the huge hit that is to a team to lose that type HC but the over 60 set is compromised.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Players getting sick/dying , players families getting sick/dying , workers at stadiums/concessions/security  all bringing the virus home to their families. The NFL is a cash cow they will absolutely get sued if things go sideways. 

The NFL will cover their ass all around just like every employer is with people returning to the office. This isnt the concussion thing...everyone knows the virus exists.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The NFL will cover their ass all around just like every employer is with people returning to the office. This isnt the concussion thing...everyone knows the virus exists.

The problem lies with the burden of proof that the NFL/employer has done everything possible to prevent harm.  Unfortunately its the American way to be highly litigious . I'd hate to be a business owner in this new environment, we're just scratching the surface. Personally I hope and pray i'm wrong .

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The problem lies with the burden of proof that the NFL/employer has done everything possible to prevent harm.  Unfortunately its the American way to be highly litigious . I'd hate to be a business owner in this new environment, we're just scratching the surface. Personally I hope and pray i'm wrong .

Of course U-S-A stands for u sue anyone but I don’t think that will prevent the league from going all in.