*RUMOR* 49ers and Seahawks trying to aquire Jamal Adams, Cowboys unlikely to make a push at this time.

9 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

I laughed at it because in no way do I see Seattle giving up a 1st, 2nd and a proven borderline Pro-Bowl caliber receiver. That would leave Seattle with Metcalf and a bunch of unproven young receivers?

I just don't see it happening.

Well as far as picks go, I think it will be a 1st and 3rd

Also, Lockett is going to be due for another pay day soon.  They drafted DK to take over for him and next year's draft is, once again, loaded with WRs.  It's not unfathomable to believe that they would part with him to get Adams.  They land an All Pro player and get some cap relief.

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I don't know what truly is the correct compensation, but a 1st rounder in 2021 plus a 2nd and 3rd in 2022 does it for me. You accomplish getting rid of the locker room cancer, the ridiculous contract for a guy who doesn't move the needle, and three draft picks. 

The first round pick is very low level.  Add a low level 2nd and 3rd is not enough for me.

Two 1st rounders, which are both low level 1sts

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I would need a 1st plus a player that helps us this year.

Lockett makes a ton of sense. They have DK Metcalf, brought in Dorsett/Olsen and Carroll hates passing the ball.

While the cowboys are in cap hell, the Seahawks can definitely afford to pay Adams especially if they deal Lockett. 

And while Lockett is not a #1, he's very solid, reliable and comes at an affordable price tag.

Unless it's the last play of the Superbowl and he wants to lose for some reason. 

Best case scenario for the Jets in my opinion:

Adams

For

Kittle

It gives the Jets one of the best TE's in the league to work with Darnold and makes the overall quality of the skill positions on the team immensely better. Both require new contracts and both are arguably the best at their positions.

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Best case scenario for the Jets in my opinion:

Adams

For

Kittle

It gives the Jets one of the best TE's in the league to work with Darnold and makes the overall quality of the skill positions on the team immensely better. Both require new contracts and both are arguably the best at their positions.

I'd also look at something like Adams and Herndon for Kittle and a 3rd if that helped.  We won't really need Herndon if we get Kittle so might as well throw him into the deal and get some capital back.  I can't see them trading Kittle in any case, but after watching what Mahomes did to them in just over 6 minutes once he decided to wake up, they might consider their defensive backfield a bigger need.

I think JD should put a solid, final contract offer on the table to Adams, then get well and truly hammered, and start leaking rumors that he has solid offers on the table from the Bengals and Redskins.  Sit back and watch the fun ensue.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

What player would they offer? That’s the only way I see Douglas making a deal is with a proven player involved. 

Gimme Kittles and we’re good. 

Yeah right 

Most likely both teams are offering a first plus a couple late round picks which is FMV

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

John Lynch may very well virtually piss in JD’s face over the phone line if he offered Adams for Kittle. We just may have that kind of technology. Who knows.

One guy is the ultimate security blanket for a young QB who moves the chains, puts points on the board and blocks his t!ts off...the other plays literally the least important position on defense, generates less than 2 turnovers a season, and reportedly wants $20 million a year.

I’d personally propose Adams PLUS a 3rd rounder to San Fran for Kittle and John Lynch and the Shanahan’s would still tell me to suckle upon the nearest dick in the vicinity.

No way Kittle is available.  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No way Kittle is available.  

He isn’t 

I don’t even know why we’re having this discussion.

At this point, I’d trade Adams for pennies on the dollar just to be rid of the f*cking goof and make him toil in a place like Detroit, Jacksonville or Cleveland.

And as much as I love what Douglas has done so far, not biting on the reported 1st and 3rd from Dallas back in October may end up biting him right in the balls.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He isn’t 

At this point, I’d trade Adams for pennies on the dollar just to be rid of the f*cking goof and make him toil in a place like Detroit, Jacksonville or Cleveland.

And as much as I love what Douglas has done so far, not biting on the reported 1st and 3rd from Dallas back in October may end up biting him right in the balls.

I understand Kittle and the 49ers are having a contract dispute but still, the guy is a friggin legit superstar the second best all around TE in the league right after Travis Kelce 

Adams is a glorified Eric Smith

• Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

John Lynch may very well virtually piss in JD’s face over the phone line if he offered Adams for Kittle. We just may have that kind of technology. Who knows.

One guy is the ultimate security blanket for a young QB who moves the chains, puts points on the board and blocks his t!ts off...the other plays literally the least important position on defense, generates less than 2 turnovers a season, and reportedly wants $20 million a year.

I’d personally propose Adams PLUS a 3rd rounder to San Fran for Kittle and John Lynch and the Shanahan’s would still tell me to suckle upon the nearest dick in the vicinity.

I agree with everything in this post except "upon". I don't think that's correct. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He isn’t 

This is exactly why Adams is doing what he's doing. He trying to be such a dick that the Jets get fed up and just give him away for nothing.  That's what a terrible GM would do.  Douglas isn't likely to think like you and I hope he doesn't.  You're falling right into Adams and his agents trap. 

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, choon328 said:

This is exactly why Adams is doing what he's doing. He trying to be such a dick that the Jets get fed up and just give him away for nothing.  That's what a terrible GM would do.  Douglas isn't likely to think like you and I hope he doesn't.  You're falling right into Adams and his agents trap. 

I think Adams is being a dick and trying to be traded because he wants to ultimately be in a place like Dallas or Philadelphia.

I’m much more inclined to get rid of the dickbag safety who produces 1 turnover per year and wants to be handed legit, starting QB money over keeping him and clinging on to the little nugget of the Jets having at least one all-pro player on the roster.

Because let’s be honest, that’s what this is really all about.

If Darnold had already blossomed into a legit Top 10 QB and/or someone like Le’Veon Bell still looked like the all-pro he was 2 years ago...many less people would be sh*tting their collective pantaloons and then simultaneously crying into them over the prospect of losing Jamal Adams.

The guy is a damn good player...but he isn’t Ronnie Lott. He isn’t Ed Reed. He isn’t Troy Polamalu. 

Hell, he isn’t Rod Woodson or Charles Woodson or Deron Cherry or a f*cking host of others you could throw at me.

He’s a very good player, who fancies himself a superstar, and we could probably get good trade value in exchange for his services to better support the closest thing we’ve had to a franchise QB in half a century.

At the end of the day, that’s all that really matters to me.

• Upvote 1