*RUMOR* 49ers and Seahawks trying to aquire Jamal Adams, Cowboys unlikely to make a push at this time.

7 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Wouldn’t mind fleeing Seattle again.

Adams was picked 6th which equals out to 1600.  Seattle generally picks late in the draft 23-28 and those picks are worth around  750.  That would be 2 first round picks to come close to Adams' 'value'. 

Seattle GM to JD: That proposition and a token gets you on the subway.

14 hours ago, Mogglez said:

FE74D74B-9186-4314-9FB0-DAD49B2F5EC8.thumb.jpeg.6a88f69346323c114f80841ab4370c71.jpeg

Throwing my own hat in the rumor mill: from what I've heard (as of a week ago), the Jets still don't intend to trade him unless Douglas is blown away by an offer.  There is some hope that they can sit down and mend this crack in their relationship.

Even though I love the idea of trading Adams, I also love hearing that Joe D is not going to trade him unless he gets the right offer. People concerned about Adams' value plummeting are off the mark. The Jets have him under complete control. Right now Adams has two choices: play for the Jets or don't play and don't get paid. Those choices don't change for the next three or four years if the Jets don't want them to. They hold all the cards, which is why Jamal is playing his jokers. 

If another team wants Adams, they're going to have to make the right offer for the pro bowl defender. 

6 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Adams was picked 6th which equals out to 1600.  Seattle generally picks late in the draft 23-28 and those picks are worth around  750.  That would be 2 first round picks to come close to Adams' 'value'. 

Where Adams was picked should have no bearing on his value today. Trying to demand value based on his draft position is absurd. You know who else was picked 6th overall? Leonard Williams. And Jet fans, I think, are pretty universally happy to've gotten a #3 and future #5 for him. 

A first round pick+ is the right area to be in. It's not gonna project as a low pick, either, because the teams looking to trade for Adams will see him much more as a "final piece," than as a player to build around. 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I have no idea if any of it's true, and he certainly wouldn't be the focal point of any deal, but I'd be asking for Penny as a part of a package from the Seahawks.  They don't need him, he doesn't fit their system, but could still be a very good NFL back in my opinion.  

In our years together on these boards, this is the only time I can remember disagreeing with you on a Jets topic, lol. Hard pass on Penny (and I liked him coming out of college). DK Metcalf? Now we are talking. In a year, Metcalf and Mims would be physically abusing CBs in the NFL. 

• Upvote 2

I don’t think they’d do that swap straight up. Penny and a second rounder potentially. Could possibly swing Lockett if they know they’re not going to pay him.

Well then they don’t get Adams. Jets don’t need to trade him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, nycdan said:

Watch the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.  That's a reason.

And how would Jamal Adams help the 49ers stop Pat Mahomes, or any other high-powered offense?

Hell, Jamal faked the severity of an injury to avoid facing Lamar Jackson.  

An elite TE is insanely valuable in this league, especially since they come cheap.  Travis Kelce makes less than $10M per season.  They would laugh us off the phone if we asked for Kittle back in a trade.

8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

JD to Seattle GM......where are you going to play your home games this year? Also, you still have that goal line slant play in your playbook?

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And how would Jamal Adams help the 49ers stop Pat Mahomes, or any other high-powered offense?

An elite TE is insanely valuable in this league, especially since they come cheap.  Travis Kelce makes less than $10M per season.  They would laugh us off the phone if we asked for Kittle back in a trade.

You know how I know you're a hater? You make things up to downgrade the guy. This never happened and  you have no proof.

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Just because Macc was stupid enough to take a Box Safety at 6 doesn't mean the league sees Adams as top-10 pick value.

Who knows where Adams would have been taken had we passed on Jamal.  Teams who pick high aren't typically interested in luxury picks like Adams.  

• Upvote 3

this is the problem. no one on either team besides the untouchables (Kittle, Bosa, Metcalf) would excite me.

i'm not into the idea of trading an all pro player, a draft pick that this team finally hit on, for a package of lottery tickets in the future.

• Upvote 1

I seem to recall a few years ago when so many were saying about Tight Ends the same thing being said about Safeties now.  You don't pay premium for TE.  Yadda Yadda.  Maybe that was during my day-drinking years, but if I do recall correctly, then the irony here is entertaining.

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You know how I know you're a hater? You make things up to downgrade the guy. This never happened and  you have no proof.

No, I don't, but its fun to trigger his remaining fans! 

Jamal doesn't get the benefit of the doubt on that one.  He's the same dude that hid under a table during a fight at LSU.  Leonard Fournette confirmed that one, and Jamal didn't deny it.  He's a spoiled suburban kid who talks like he's a super tough guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, heymangold said:

this is the problem. no one on either team besides the untouchables (Kittle, Bosa, Metcalf) would excite me.

i'm not into the idea of trading an all pro player, a draft pick that this team finally hit on, for a package of lottery tickets in the future.

They were lottery tickets under Maccagnan.  There will be much better odds of hitting on picks under Douglas.  And no, I don't need to see a single Douglas pick play to say that.  It's a statement on how bad Macc was.

Not every GM drafts like he's intentionally sabotaging his own team.

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Brandon Shell didn't work out, either!

You may be onto something.

Christian MacCaffrey. I think the problem is not having relatives, it’s the Jets owning a rep as being a trash franchise that players want to exploit for $$$ while getting their victories elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, I don't, but its fun to trigger his remaining fans! 

Jamal doesn't get the benefit of the doubt on that one.  He's the same dude that hid under a table during a fight at LSU.  Leonard Fournette confirmed that one, and Jamal didn't deny it.  He's a spoiled suburban kid who talks like he's a super tough guy.

triggered GIF

Jamal did play against LJ in the 2016 Citris bowl. LJ didn't have a good game. I didn't watch it though - did you?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

triggered GIF

Jamal did play against LJ in the 2016 Citris bowl. LJ didn't have a good game. I didn't watch it though - did you?

I'm sure Jamal had a ton to do with that.  

*** Checks Notes ***

Jamal:  5 Solo Tackles, 1 Pass Deflection, 1 TFL.

Woah, elite!

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm sure Jamal had a ton to do with that.  

*** Checks Notes ***

Jamal:  5 Solo Tackles, 1 Pass Deflection, 1 TFL.

Woah, elite!

In that same game:

• Tashawn Bower:  3.0 Sacks, 3 TFLs
  • Arden Key:  2.0 Sacks, 2 TFLs
  • Davon Gaudchaux:  1.0 Sacks, 1 PD, 1 TFL

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Did you know, Jamal Adams is the reason for global warming?  I'm not ready to blame him for Covid yet but I have the right to change my opinion with more data. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In that same game:

OMG - other players collected stats in a game of Football? 

Was there a score too?  

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The we should send @Pac, he’s very accustomed to being laughed at. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In that same game:

In that same game:

• Colin Jeter - 1 catch, 1 yard.
  • Charles Standberry - 1 catch, 1 yard
  • Jeremy Smith - 3 carries, 8 yards

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They were lottery tickets under Maccagnan.  There will be much better odds of hitting on picks under Douglas.  And no, I don't need to see a single Douglas pick play to say that.  It's a statement on how bad Macc was.

Not every GM drafts like he's intentionally sabotaging his own team.

draft picks literally are lottery tickets.  no matter who the GM is, you can hit on a 6th rounder, you can bust on a 1st rounder.  

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

draft picks literally are lottery tickets.  no matter who the GM is, you can hit on a 6th rounder, you can bust on a 1st rounder.  

Then why do the Baltimore Ravens always seem to have the best talent under Newsome/DeCosta?  How about the Chiefs?  Or Steelers?  And lately, the 49ers?

The draft is a game of poker, not a crap shoot.  The best poker players tend to make it to the head table.  Just like the best GM's tend to bring in quality talent in the draft with consistency.  They miss on picks, sure.  But they miss at a much lower rate than other front offices.  That means its more of a skill than it is luck.

The exception to this rule has been the Patriots, who aren't that great at drafting overall under Belichick.  But they cheat.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

In that same game:

• Colin Jeter - 1 catch, 1 yard.
  • Charles Standberry - 1 catch, 1 yard
  • Jeremy Smith - 3 carries, 8 yards

No one ever argued Jamal can't cover TEs and RBs.

The argument was how much impact a player can have on a game when only asked to cover TEs or RBs.

LOL.  I see a bunch of comments calling Adams princess and soft etc. when if he was ever in front of you, most of you will fold up and shut your mouth because most of you are ACTUALLY soft.  A bunch of keyboard warriors in here.  

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

OMG - other players collected stats in a game of Football? 

Was there a score too?  

Better stats than Jamal.  You know, the stuff that shows how good you are at football? 

Or do you prefer feelings?  If you feel hard enough, Jamal becomes a top player!

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

LOL.  I see a bunch of comments calling Adams princess and soft etc. when if he was ever in front of you, most of you will fold up and shut your mouth because most of you are ACTUALLY soft.  A bunch of keyboard warriors in here.  

I didn't nickname myself "Prez", nor do I act like a tough guy.  It's reasonable to make fun of a professional athlete for being less tough than he says he is.  Especially when OTHER athletes are making fun of him for it.  SEE:  Hiding under the table incident at LSU.