*RUMOR* 49ers and Seahawks trying to aquire Jamal Adams, Cowboys unlikely to make a push at this time.

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

LOL.  I see a bunch of comments calling Adams princess and soft etc. when if he was ever in front of you, most of you will fold up and shut your mouth because most of you are ACTUALLY soft.  A bunch of keyboard warriors in here.  

if you feel the need to call out "keyboard warriors", you're most likely one yourself.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I didn't nickname myself "Prez", nor do I act like a tough guy.  It's reasonable to make fun of a professional athlete for being less tough than he says he is.  Especially when OTHER athletes are making fun of him for it.  SEE:  Hiding under the table incident at LSU.

Who cares if he nicknames himself "Prez"?  It's a nickname and I bet his teammates and other players call him that.  Only fans have a problem with that for what reason I will never know.  Act like a tough guy?  You've got people saying he's soft and others saying he's now acting like a tough guy.  I don't see either but please explain the tough guy act.  

When he is on the field he is tough and that's all that matters.  Fans calling him soft or princess when they will get folded quick if they ever said that in front of him are fake.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In that same game:

• Tashawn Bower:  3.0 Sacks, 3 TFLs
  • Arden Key:  2.0 Sacks, 2 TFLs
  • Davon Gaudchaux:  1.0 Sacks, 1 PD, 1 TFL

Obviously those were all coverage sacks due to Jamal. Duh!

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, heymangold said:

draft picks literally are lottery tickets.  no matter who the GM is, you can hit on a 6th rounder, you can bust on a 1st rounder.  

I'd like to think the draft is a lot more like poker than roulette. Sure, they're both gambling, but one of them is much more a game of skill. 

In this instance, I'm really happy with Joe Douglas' first draft. He hit on value and need throughout. We'll see how these guys pan out on the field, but I thought his approach was top notch. I also like the way he navigated free agency. Having been a fan of this team for just about my whole life, starting to go to games when Joe Namath was still slinging it in Shea (but just after the Super Bowl, unfortunately), I'm quite content to throw Joe Douglas the keys at this point. Save the money he'd spend on the world's greatest safety/linebacker hybrid, get back what he perceives as good value, and move forward. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The draft is a game of poker, not a crap shoot.  The best poker players tend to make it to the head table.  Just like the best GM's tend to bring in quality talent in the draft with consistency. 

6 minutes ago, slats said:

I'd like to think the draft is a lot more like poker than roulette. Sure, they're both gambling, but one of them is much more a game of skill. 

Between this and the Cousins thread, we've been in lock step agreement today.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Just so you know when you quote him you give legitimacy to his absurd takes.

You mean my hot takes like Macc doesn't know what he's doing and deserves to get fired and Jamal Adams is a selfish douche who doesn't want to be here?

You've got me there!

It's always entertaining to see how quickly and how far off track posts go.  Now, back to the original post.

I don't think Douglas will trade Adams for just draft picks.  A starter (or two) and picks makes much more sense.  That said, I don't see anyone on the Seahawks that would make this deal plausible for the Jets.  The Niners, on the other hand, have a few guys who could.  For example, Arik Armstead and his 10 sacks would help the Jets in 2020 (if there is a 2020 season).  Add in a first and it's worth a conversation.  Or add J. Tart (along with Armstead) to take Jamal's spot and make it a second round pick and negotiate from there.  I think that makes the 2020 Jets better and adds a high pick in 2021.

I still think Jones is not out of the picture.  A deal close with the Niners may move the needle and get the Cowboys to up their offer.  As others have suggested, Gallop and a high pick in 2021 and 2022 may be worth considering.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, slats said:

Even though I love the idea of trading Adams, I also love hearing that Joe D is not going to trade him unless he gets the right offer. People concerned about Adams' value plummeting are off the mark. The Jets have him under complete control. Right now Adams has two choices: play for the Jets or don't play and don't get paid. Those choices don't change for the next three or four years if the Jets don't want them to. They hold all the cards, which is why Jamal is playing his jokers. 

If another team wants Adams, they're going to have to make the right offer for the pro bowl defender. 

Where Adams was picked should have no bearing on his value today. Trying to demand value based on his draft position is absurd. You know who else was picked 6th overall? Leonard Williams. And Jet fans, I think, are pretty universally happy to've gotten a #3 and future #5 for him. 

A first round pick+ is the right area to be in. It's not gonna project as a low pick, either, because the teams looking to trade for Adams will see him much more as a "final piece," than as a player to build around. 

It's the consensus around here that in order to get fair value for Adams we have to get a haul like the Jalen Ramsey trade.  Totally delusional.  That aint happening. I'd settle for a #1 anywhere and a player or pick later in the draft.  

• Upvote 3

At this point I really don’t care what the Jets do with Adams. He has shown his hand; has no love for the Jet players, fans or Team. They can play him, sit him or dump him. He’ll be hard to route for even if he plays well as far as I’m concerned. There’s 11 players on defense. He’s just one guy. F him.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, slats said:

I also love hearing that Joe D is not going to trade him unless he gets the right offer. People concerned about Adams' value plummeting are off the mark. The Jets have him under complete control. Right now Adams has two choices: play for the Jets or don't play and don't get paid. Those choices don't change for the next three or four years if the Jets don't want them to. They hold all the cards, which is why Jamal is playing his jokers. 

If another team wants Adams, they're going to have to make the right offer for the pro bowl defender. 

This is exactly the correct strategy and if truly JD's position - we finally found a legitimate GM.

Better late than never.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol, dude i never get what i want. The Jets have a better chance of landing Christian McCaffrey for Lev Bell than we do Hurd - purely because i want him. Dunno if you saw that other post, but i actually dreamt we traded for him earlier this week, and for a brief moment, i was happy. Like i haven't been since 16 and smoking a joint...

then NY COVID-19 task force blocked the trade due to unsafe conditions in NY and it turned into nightmare. 

If by some stroke godly grace, Hurd wound up trade to us and if I avoided spontaneously combusted immediately after, i would cry... I would cry like a baby. 

Sounds like you have to act like a 16 year old again. DON’T WORRY, BE HAPPY ? 

• Haha 1

I'd also look at something like Adams and Herndon for Kittle and a 3rd if that helped.  We won't really need Herndon if we get Kittle so might as well throw him into the deal and get some capital back.  I can't see them trading Kittle in any case, but after watching what Mahomes did to them in just over 6 minutes once he decided to wake up, they might consider their defensive backfield a bigger need.

To trade Herndon would not be smart, he is going to be a top 10 TE in the NFL for many years to come. Having him and Kittle on the same team would make for a very dangerous tandem.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

I didn't nickname myself "Prez", nor do I act like a tough guy.  It's reasonable to make fun of a professional athlete for being less tough than he says he is.  Especially when OTHER athletes are making fun of him for it.  SEE:  Hiding under the table incident at LSU.

There was a play this past year. That really changed my stance on Jamal. Latavious Murray’s td run against the Jets. Jamal had a window. To step up at say the 5 yard line and come up to try to make a stop.. from what I saw he saw that same window and determined let me engage with a blocker instead. Don’t call for more Dawgs. Cuz you are not one yourself. And please don’t say that you would die on a football field. Because on that play you wanted no part of contact. Fukin phony.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

There was a play this past year. That really changed my stance on Jamal. Latavious Murray’s td run against the Jets. Jamal had a window. To step up at say the 5 yard line and come up to try to make a stop.. from what I saw he saw that same window and determined let me engage with a blocker instead. Don’t call for more Dawgs. Cuz you are not one yourself. And please don’t say that you would die on a football field. Because on that play you wanted no part of contact. Fukin phony.

I'm with you. Just watch the first 2 or 3 minutes of the highlights from the Jags game last year. Jamal was blitzing on the long Leonard Fournette run to start the game, then got beat in the EZ on a double move. 

Later in the same quarter i believe, Adams was again blitzing, Minshew stepped up and delivered a 40 yard pass to Conley right around the spot would have been if he wasn't rushing. He's a good player that makes some plays but you can't ignore the plays he gives up in the pass game, or when he doesn't get home on the blitz.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, fltflo said:

To trade Herndon would not be smart, he is going to be a top 10 TE in the NFL for many years to come. Having him and Kittle on the same team would make for a very dangerous tandem.

I like Herndon but I'm gonna need more than one season at 504 yards and 4 TDs and a season of DNP due to poor decision making before anoiting him a lock for future top 10. Hope he ends up there though.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Melly-Mel said:

I dont think we will get an offer with enough value from either team.   

The market for Adams just isn’t that hot.  NFL GM’s don’t think he’s as good as loudmouth talking heads in the media and some jet fans do

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

I'm with you. Just watch the first 2 or 3 minutes of the highlights from the Jags game last year. Jamal was blitzing on the long Leonard Fournette run to start the game, then got beat in the EZ on a double move. 

Later in the same quarter i believe, Adams was again blitzing, Minshew stepped up and delivered a 40 yard pass to Conley right around the spot would have been if he wasn't rushing. He's a good player that makes some plays but you can't ignore the plays he gives up in the pass game, or when he doesn't get home on the blitz.

Everyone ignores the bolded part.  They just say he is great in coverage because pff has him rated well in his 10 pass coverage attempts per year.  They totally ignore the fact that guys like Hewitt were asked to cover slot guys, tes and wrs often last year.

Once Jamal Adams is asked to be a true all around SS whether it be here or on another team he will be exposed and then we will hear about him not  being used correctly.

8 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Jamal Adams would be a superstar if he carried himself like Larry Fitzgerald. Instead he acts like Antonio Brown like he has emotional problems lol. Dude is a jerk off-

It's truly amazing how many divas the Jets have ended up with over the years.  And how many of them haven't even been WRs.  

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's truly amazing how many divas the Jets have ended up with over the years.  And how many of them haven't even been WRs.  

I laughed but, thats actually a good point. These players like Adams, aren't "skilled position" players. Real stupid on their part. How good does you SS have to be even if you think Adams is 1 of the best, and thats debatable. We had an "elite" corner that was a pain in the ass in mevis, and now we got another 1.

• Upvote 1