Adams says let fans come to games

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Just Mahomes?

Even if we drafted Mahomes, we'd have mismanaged him.

Mahomes sat out 1 year under the tutelage of Andy reid, and got a chance to learn from a solid vet in Alex smith. He got himself situated with quality receivers and RBs. Very little pressure to 'win now', nowhere near as much scrutiny from the media, who were soft on him. When he did well, it was a pleasant surprise.

He fell into a near-perfect set of circumstances for a rookie QB. Bear in mind, he was seen as a reach, with quite a few question-marks.

If he ends up at the Jets, we'd have thrown him into the fire, and all his weaknesses would get exposed.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first reply on Twitter.  I laughed.  If this is one of you fools, nice work.  

That is priceless....

Don't worry Jamal, Texas has handled this situation beautifully, I'm sure they will have perfect guidelines for you this fall.

52 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Even if we drafted Mahomes, we'd have mismanaged him.

Mahomes sat out 1 year under the tutelage of Andy reid, and got a chance to learn from a solid vet in Alex smith. He got himself situated with quality receivers and RBs. Very little pressure to 'win now', nowhere near as much scrutiny from the media, who were soft on him. When he did well, it was a pleasant surprise.

He fell into a near-perfect set of circumstances for a rookie QB. Bear in mind, he was seen as a reach, with quite a few question-marks.

If he ends up at the Jets, we'd have thrown him into the fire, and all his weaknesses would get exposed.

I think this is all true, but if they passed on Mahomes (or Watson) because they thought they would screw up their development anyway, Maccgnan and co. should have resigned on the spot.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Okay try it again ..one more time with feeling!

Yeah, I was making fun of the guy who tweeted the Adams hate.  Feelings not from me.  Cant believe that Adams simple comment got so much hate

I'm calm post COVID-19.  Cant get this crazy, its only football.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And my only point was none of this has anything to do with Adams the player. 

He doesn't become better or worse because of who was drafted.

then it's just they would have been better off with Mahomes

Sure it does. At #6 without a viable QB on the roster, even a serviceable QB is more valuable than an "All Pro" strong safety. An obviously both turned out to be more than serviceable. It was a dumb pick then and I said it at the time

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Sure it does. At #6 without a viable QB on the roster, even a serviceable QB is more valuable than an "All Pro" strong safety. An obviously both turned out to be more than serviceable. It was a dumb pick then and I said it at the time

I’m not trying to argue so last time.  Adams play isn’t effected by what Mahomes is.  Adams has been every bit the player you wanted him to be.  What Mahomes is or isn’t doesn’t change that.  
No shlt, QB is key, no one would argue that but taking one that year is a different conversation