Minesweeper Mafia Game Thread (Game Over -- Scum WIns!)

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

Pretty weak case on me when I have explicitly said, multiple times before the game started, that I was not going to come out of the gates crazy like last game and you know this, but if that's your read, weak.

You also said that when you were scum too. But you’ve been coasting this game until this point, and you’ve never been a coaster as town.

53 minutes ago, Drums said:

Top 3 town: Barry, CTM, 80

Barry is forcing action. Something I typically do but I want to get this jvill thing over with. If it really isn't going to happen I'll get more serious

CTM didn't want to lynch jvill at first and I think that was because he said he thought Spoot probably roled Jvill up knowing he'd get lynched

80 just seems townie (Sorry Nyn)

No scum reads yet unless you count the possibility of Jif being scum but I think that needs to develop a little 

It's fine, I'm not really a fan of you this game so far 

• Upvote 3

Just now, jvill 51 said:

Top 4: Dice ..... you, Drums ...... JiF

Dice I’ve explained.

You: vote hopping/bloodthirsty, no reason  for the vote on Dice beyond him being the second leading train, weird question to Ballin about why he wasn’t following his scum tactics last game. Ape also raised a good point about you potentially knowing more about game mechanics. I will say that I always struggle to read you though, and all of the above (with the exception of maybe Ape’s point) could just be you trying to get the game going.

Drums: Just not paying his typical game. I had expected him to change up his scum game but the one time he’s been scum has been similar to this. I expected his response when you questioned him to be that he’s trying to switch up after last game when his tactics got him run up. I’d rather wait and see what happens here though, I think he’s a town asset when he starts pushing buttons.

JiF: would be a purely information vote. If we go this direction, as VT I should be the one to hammer.

Where was this at?  I'm not like Barrys play right now.  It's all over the place and distracting.  

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Top 4: Dice ..... you, Drums ...... JiF

Dice I’ve explained.

You: vote hopping/bloodthirsty, no reason  for the vote on Dice beyond him being the second leading train, weird question to Ballin about why he wasn’t following his scum tactics last game. Ape also raised a good point about you potentially knowing more about game mechanics. I will say that I always struggle to read you though, and all of the above (with the exception of maybe Ape’s point) could just be you trying to get the game going.

Drums: Just not paying his typical game. I had expected him to change up his scum game but the one time he’s been scum has been similar to this. I expected his response when you questioned him to be that he’s trying to switch up after last game when his tactics got him run up. I’d rather wait and see what happens here though, I think he’s a town asset when he starts pushing buttons.

JiF: would be a purely information vote. If we go this direction, as VT I should be the one to hammer.

I don't feel great about hammering this ...

grossed out comedy central GIF by Workaholics

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Not sure how you take what I said and turn it into me saying his vote was opportunistic and that I am seeding anything. I said he gets mislynched all of the time so I don't really see it. 

In one statement, you nudge the catch on him... but then insulate yourself by saying you’ve seen him get mislynch. 

Its an accountability ping.

37 minutes ago, Drums said:

No I’m waiting for jvill but I’ve still been reading, so those are my thoughts. It has been pretty boring just sitting back so if it is time, it is time, but it would be nice to just lynch jvill so we don’t have to deal with this every day 1

It is obvious something is up with jif so if it comes down to town agreeing to lynch him to see what’s up, I’ll vote there

Someone made a good catch on Dice jumping on the jvill train and going against his usual style but I don’t know how to read him and I’ve seen him get mislynched a lot. 

you've seen dice getting mislynched a lot?  Which games?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

You also said that when you were scum too. But you’ve been coasting this game until this point, and you’ve never been a coaster as town.

It was a conscious choice I made to not go crazy early in the game. Coasting is different than not posting. I am still reading everything and the game got a little more serious today so here I am

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You don't remember saying you'd self hammer rather than give us the satisfaction of D1 lynching you?

Nope. Not saying I didn’t, just don’t remember saying that. Might have actually self-hammered as scum last game though just to avoid one of you dicks taking the credit. This game, you’ll need to feel your wrongness When I flip and face my wrath when I mod.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

distracting from what, exactly?

Your constant vote hopping and nudging at pretty much everyone in the game I feel is distracting.  From what?  I'm not really sure but it's bothering me.  I'm not sure it means anything negative.  I know you are a very active player so I have to think about it possibly look at some other game play from you.    

Just now, jvill 51 said:

Nope. Not saying I didn’t, just don’t remember saying that. Might have actually self-hammered as scum last game though just to avoid one of you dicks taking the credit. This game, you’ll need to feel your wrongness When I flip and face my wrath when I mod.

Now you're going to fear monger? I hate this post.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

In one statement, you nudge the catch on him... but then insulate yourself by saying you’ve seen him get mislynch. 

Its an accountability ping.

He's not a priority for me right now

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Your constant vote hopping and nudging at pretty much everyone in the game I feel is distracting.  From what?  I'm not really sure but it's bothering me.  I'm not sure it means anything negative.  I know you are a very active player so I have to think about it possibly look at some other game play from you.    

OK - you should vote me then

any other reads?

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think you know what scapegoating means but anyway

I voted JV because let's lynch JV D1. Still willing to drop that hammer.

Voted you because you pinged a little - and I already explained it. You rudely laughed at me and it hurt my feelings.

Voted JiF because he's a dick in a box. I think there could be some information to be gained by removing him.

Voted dice because he was the second leading train - no other reason.

Voted drums because he's not playing D1 like he normally does. When I pushed him on it his answer was goofy. He's my #1 scum read, so there's my vote. 

Also

x-pac suck it GIF by WWE

1st ^ 

39 minutes ago, Drums said:

Jvill came off way more desperate in the beginning of this game than he did last game for just being VT. And by that I mean he was looking for any train he could this time

34 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The last time he was also very defiant about the whole lynch jvill D1 thing and insisted he'd self hammer if it got to L1. This game he's explicitly stated he isn't doing that. I'm just pointing out another difference in his approach, questionable whether it's alignment indicative.

never said this but now all of a sudden he sees Drums point 

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@jvill 51 any last words before I hammer? you better not be a f'n bomb

has been saying he's going to Hammer JV this whole time no matter what

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't feel great about hammering this ...

grossed out comedy central GIF by Workaholics

Now what's the hold up ?

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Now you're going to fear monger? I hate this post.

& now this. 

This is what we mean all over the place you're like a politician justifying and then doubling down

Just now, Integrity28 said:

This is an irrelevant reply. You asked how I could arrive at my conclusion. I explained it. I don’t know wtf this priority reply has to do with anything.

I was saying I see what some people have said about Dice but I don't think it's necessarily scummy (hence not a priority)

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

What do you call this?

Oh the mod thing? I’ve been saying that since before this game even started. If that’s fear mongering, then I’m guilty. My quibble would be with you couching it as if it just started now.

1 minute ago, GATA said:

1st ^ 

never said this but now all of a sudden he sees Drums point 

has been saying he's going to Hammer JV this whole time no matter what

Now what's the hold up ?

& now this. 

This is what we mean all over the place you're like a politician justifying and then doubling down

I'm not arguing that I'm all over the place. I've been stirring the pot trying to get the game moving. It's working.

I am allowed to change my mind based on new information. We have good activity now. Still may drop the hammer but his post gave me second thoughts.