Minesweeper Mafia Game Thread (Game Over -- Scum WIns!)

Spoot-Face

The crew of the Dominant were all gathered together on the deck of the ship. Everyone had questions, and someone had to answer for them. They had just cornered one of the youngest recruits in a tight circle, and subjected him to a vicious tongue-lashing, as is custom in the Navy.

"Get him! He's one of the ones who put us in this mess!"

"Yeah, make him pay!"

"I've wanted to do this for so long!"

"Oh God, it's finally happening!"

After a four minute stand-off that felt more like four days, one seaman pushed his way through the tight rim of men. "I'll take him."

It was the ship's eldest crewmen -- 60 years old, yet never attaining rank higher than Seaman Apprentice. How a man that old is allowed to serve on an active Navy ship is any one's guess. Some would assume he has friends in high places, but if you ask the man himself, he'll just wink and says he owes his position to his round, magic friend.

"C'mere, you!" he barks at the young-ling, grasping him by the shoulders. "I'm taking you to the brig where you'll answer some more questions. But I've gotta pat you down first."

"Eh, what's this?" the old man quips, taking a small, flat, cylindrical object out of the man's trousers.

"I don't know," the young-ling says, just as puzzled as the old man, "I've never seen that befo--"

Boom Png (Isolated-Objects) | Textures for Photoshop

At that moment an explosion erupts across the deck between them, and the small shockwave knocks the bystanders to the floor. After a moment, the crew begins to stir, waving the smoke from their faces and noticing a layer of liquid-y goo that's covering them.

"Dear God..." someone mutters.

That goo is all that remains of their compatriots.

Jvill -- Vanilla Town [Secret Bomb Victim] has been killed

JC -- Vanilla Town has been killed

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yea, spoot gave me the entire setup so I know. Seeing how I know the setup - why don't we go after the guy who was suggesting he was stuck in a box next? Since it's - you know - minesweeper.

fz_1a5SjdveYt0K-zrO_Zy6-krt2bkNVXj7dp1yb

^ this is mine sweeper

14 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

^ it says Secret Bomb "VICTIM"

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It sounds like jvill was unaware he was a bomb.

Barry might be right .... but this just happened how did you know to look into it like that?

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That's the point @GATA. You start the game by clicking a box - which is what JiF was suggesting he was in.

Yes but usually what's trapped are bombs the blank cells are empty so based on what you're suggesting why do you want to run a train you've been trying to lead on JIF knowing he can also be a bomb

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

^ it says Secret Bomb "VICTIM"

Barry might be right .... but this just happened how did you know to look into it like that?

Consider the "SECRET" part of it.  Think he was in on that secret?  Especially since he was also a VICTIM?

Nah.  He didn't know.  And Jvill didn't really act like he was a Bomb, either.  If he knew, he played that pretty perfectly.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

Yes but usually what's trapped are bombs the blank cells are empty so based on what you're suggesting why do you want to run a train you've been trying to lead on JIF knowing he can also be a bomb

They're all boxes to start the game. Then you click one to clear some out and get number of adjacent bomb boxes. 

18 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Minesweeper is a game of bombs, a decent chunk of townies may be bombs.. scum might know this 

Lots of hesitancy to hammer jville, way more than normal.day 1

Lynch people who refused to hammer imo

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, CTM said:

Minesweeper is a game of bombs, a decent chunk of townies may be bombs.. scum might know this 

Lots of hesitancy to hammer jville, way more than normal.day 1

Lynch people who refused to hammer imo

Barry was the posterboy for this behavior today.

My promised vote on Barry tomorrow will be well-served, I think.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Barry McCockinner @GATA @Jetscode1 @Integrity28 @Nynaeve @BallinPB  @jvill 51  one of you change your vote to Jvill and end this sh*t already!  Rip the band-aid!

^^^

This was the group of players that refused or weren't around to hammer, minus Jvill and JC.  

Nyn outright refused to hammer, but she's been against lynching Jvill basically on principle for a while now.  I don't consider her a suspect on that basis alone.

Ape wasn't around.

So that leaves a decent pool of candidates among that group:  Barry, GATA, and Ballin.