Redskins no more-team retires name

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

This is the most recent major poll.

Berkley?

LOL

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Every ethnic group has a derogatory name

What is the derogatory name for Native Americans if it’s not the word Redskin?

I've seen enough westerns to know it's Godless Heathens.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

michael jackson popcorn GIF

Anyone who has read the Declaration of Independence penned by Jefferson knows the correct derogatory word is Savages.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think i am having trouble understanding your post. Believed what? the honoring the native Americans part? you disagree? maybe try googling Native American Walter “Blackie” Wetzel, or the black feet tribe.

I might be just reading your post wrong idk, but this is the basic problem with the whole thing, fake outrage about made up racism..literally turning honoring native Americans into the opposite because of ignorance. Mob rule baby, its terrible.

I’m about 15% Irish and I’m not offended by fighting Irish. I’m about 1% native Americans and I’m not offended by redskin. 
please however  don’t try to make the argument that the name somehow honors native Americans tho. 
the fact that native Americans aren’t snowflakes doesn’t mean that When the franchise chose the nickname that it was to honor them. 
it was done to avoid confusion with the Boston braves 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

I’m about 15% Irish and I’m not offended by fighting Irish. I’m about 1% native Americans and I’m not offended by redskin. 
please however  don’t try to make the argument that the name somehow honors native Americans tho. 
the fact that native Americans aren’t snowflakes doesn’t mean that When the franchise chose the nickname that it was to honor them. 

I thought you  were a Viking? You probably don’t even live in Minnesota.,

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Patriots:  Colonial slave owners and terrorists. 

Buffalo Bill:  Indian bounty hunter. 

Raiders:  Raped and plundered innocents on the high seas.  

Buccaneers:  See Raiders. 

Chiefs:  See Redskins.  

Cowboys:  Murderous enemy of indigenous people. 

Vikings:  Raped and slaughtered innocents whose land they conquered. 

Chargers:  Credit card debt afflicts billions of people.   

SAR I

plus>

NOT OK:

Jets: produce noise and atmospheric pollution

Dolphins: May be more intellegent than certain humans

Steelers: More nasty pollution

Titans: Conjurs up evil Wall Street

Colts: Too close to Colt 45, a weapon

Saints: no politics, no religion

Falcons: poorly made Ford

Buccaneers: low farm prices hurt growers 

OK:

Bengals: transgender more than acceptable

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think the team honored Native Americans with the logo and name. yes. can't really dispute that. To act like they are a bunch a racist is pretty ignorant.

The guy who owned the team at the time was a known racist, and changed the team name from the Braves to the Redskins for reasons that had nothing to do with "honoring" Indigenous people.  

Later on, under that same owner, the team was the last to bring black players on the roster, waiting a full 7 years after the rest of the league had integrated.

There's no argument to be made that the team had interest in honoring Indigenous people.  And Dan Snyder is no exception to that.  He clinged to the name for as long as possible.  He isn't now changing the name to make things right.  He's changing it purely for financial reasons.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Larz said:

The team is named after commercial jets. The 60s.  Commercial flights were futuristic hip happening and groovy 

And LaGuardia take off runway was just a few hundred yards from Shea Stadium.

This crap is getting out of hand.  In my city's school district we have four high schools.  The snowflakes are tailgating the Redskins conversation about the high school named Warriors. (Not the movie p****tards -- pre-emptive strike).

So let's look at the other three schools.  

Spartans - Cultural appropriation of the Greek culture.

Saxons - Germanic people offended by cultural appropriation.

Tartars - Turkic appropriation.

Everything is potentially racist.  Anything and everything can be offensive to anyone in this batsh*t crazy society.

So what plain-wrap names are inoffensive enough for the ultra sensitive, skinny jeans, hair bun, testosterone deficient soy boys?  *Anything* can be manipulated and made offensive to people today, whether or not it has a shred of legitimacy.

**** this sh*t! I am done with any sport that panders to the idiotic whims of an ignorant, hypocritical and destructive mob. 

• Upvote 2

Thank you.

The guy who owned the team at the time was a known racist, and changed the team name from the Braves to the Redskins for reasons that had nothing to do with "honoring" Indigenous people.  
Later on, under that same owner, the team was the last to bring black players on the roster, waiting a full 7 years after the rest of the league had integrated.
There's no argument to be made that the team had interest in honoring Indigenous people.  And Dan Snyder is no exception to that.  He clinged to the name for as long as possible.  He isn't now changing the name to make things right.  He's changing it purely for financial reasons.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

This crap is getting out of hand.  In my city's school district we have four high schools.  The snowflakes are tailgating the Redskins conversation about the high school named Warriors. (Not the movie p****tards -- pre-emptive strike).

Everything is potentially racist.  Anything and everything can be offensive to anyone in this batsh*t crazy society.

So what plain-wrap names are inoffensive enough for the ultra sensitive, skinny jeans, hair bun, testosterone deficient soy boys?  *Anything* can be manipulated and made offensive to people today, whether or not it has a shred of legitimacy.

**** this sh*t! I am done with any sport that panders to the idiotic whims of an ignorant, hypocritical and destructive mob. 

see ya goodbye GIF

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

lol. I’m derived from the Sheehan clan of County Cork, IRL. My great-great grandfather came to America in 1916. County Cork was famously invaded throughout the centuries by the Moors, Vikings, Greeks, and even the French, which explains our burly physiques, native excellence in love-making, and relatively huge dicks. 

Footnote: both @Irish Jet and @Panzer Division Marduk are from the west coast of Ireland, so none of that applies to them. 

Super cool pub in Cork called the Fred Zeppelin.  Highly recommended if you get out that way.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

michael jackson popcorn GIF

I guess the point I'm trying to convey is they used it to honor them, kind of nullifies the whole thing to me. Also native Americans dont find it racist, just a bunch of out of control PC types.

4 hours ago, Larz said:

That very well may be a practical reason but you dont get to change history, it was if not completely, then in the most part. done to honor native Americans.

Agree with your other statements.

Also fighting Irish also term of endearment for that team. Hopefully that doesn't get changed.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'd wager their league officials and corporate sponsors and minority owners should probably be listened to as well.  

Sure but let's not act like those voices are the ones they are listening to. They are listening to a ridiculous  mob that decided redskin was offensive  bexaus they were ignorant of the teams history or actual native American viewpoint.  But I also dont thing sponsors or minor owners for that matter should be able to change the name. That should be the majority owner or maybe the fans.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Disagree  obviously  but your last sentence is a new disagreement.  You think by changing the name he is going to make money? I very much doubt that. Going to be less for him. Probably  lose more fans too.

6 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

When they came for me...

Here comes the avalanche of fake outrage.  It's how the commies work. 

I would be less sad that this happened if it were actual native Americans saying this offended them instead of a group of children raised in a time where everyone gets participation trophies influenced by an election year. In my honest opinion the team logo should be a symbol of pride and strength it is not like they are marching out a weak team every year just to mock native Americans...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

21 hours ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Look up the Me-262. Jets were flying during the war. 

The Arado 234 was also flying during WWII.  From June 1944 until the end of the war, 210 of them were produced and put into service.  The Arado 234 was considered even more advanced than the ME-262.  

The allies knew all about jet engine technology as well, but there was no reason for the allied powers to retool for the next generation of weapons. The war was all but won. The Nazi government had no chance of winning with their dwindling supply of war materials, so they had to pin their hopes on the next generation of technology.   Rockets and jets and such.

Back to football... How about a new name and logo for the Jets ??? 

THE NY JAMALS !!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1