I Love It (Redskins Fans Outrage) - How Would YOU Feel?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, I don;t think I would care if the Jets or any other team I root for changed its name.  I just want my teams to win, no matter what they are called. The more difficult question for me wo

Being from the same general area let me answer the question if another thread was necessary? YES, sports radio DC area fan outrage is like unlimited hot wings, it’s never anything but delicious. 

Imagine typing this out, and thinking, "Indeed, this will prove my point.  The color of a fictional spacesuit is, in fact, the same thing as an actual racial slur."

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

wtf are you rambling about. My parents emigrated here from a third world country with no money and did everything they could to put my brother and I through lots of years of school and come out of it with no debt, but also not that much money. So yes, we were privileged, but only through everything our parents sacrificed for us, and we still are having to make our own way - albeit at an advantage because of my parents. However, graduate degrees and medical schooling are not privileges, and my wife and I worked hard to make the most of our parents' sacrifices. 

Nowhere in my post which you quoted and rambled on like a ******* moron did I ever say that America wasn't great. In fact, the only place I even passed any judgement on America had to do with senseless violence and disregard for human life - and even then I was relating that I could understand why the first world countries in Europe view America in that perspective.

When those kids died in Sandy Hook 25 miles from my parents place, no I didn't know any of them, but I was crippled with grief for two whole days. If you weren't, great for you - you're more of a man than I am. But unfortunately, that's just one of 1000s of examples I can give you...and they don't even begin to touch the matter of senseless violence against particular groups of human beings based on their skin tones or religious beliefs. Just because other parts of the world also suffer from it, doesn't make it any less real here. 

I would be nothing if it weren't for the opportunities this country afforded my parents, and through them, afforded me. That doesn't mean that there aren't serious issues here and that the rest of the world isn't keen on them. So my message to you is to not respond to me because you seem like the person rife with self hate and you stupidly chose my post to spew your garbage on while having absolutely no idea about who or what I am. All you know about me is that I got to travel Europe extensively with my wife after college. You could have simply responded with "I'm jealous" and it would have saved us all from your bullsh*t. 

Happy now ?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
39 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I gave the post as much attention and thought as it warranted.  

You'll forgive me if I simply don't waste both our time commenting on the rest of this new post, which basically boils down to being a not-so-humblebrag about how great and hardworking and selfless you are.  Great, good for you.  

Forgive me for defending myself from your jingoism slur and once again with the easy way out response oh and you do what to help change the course of this society? 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

330 million people, look at the populations of other countries, smaller easier to control stricter etc. etc. China/India garbage. Sure there is always room for improvement, so organize and vote. Greatest country on the planet, with endless factions. People need to learn some pride ,respect and discipline. They are all out with their grievances but they take that almighty dollar hhm no problem there, and leave their community behind, sad.

You should have put in your grievance in men.

I have been exercising my First Amendment right to protest the last several months, as well as been sending congressmen e-mails (that they won't read), signing petitions (that won't matter), and donating money to causes I believe in.  I am hopeful to donate more of my time as well once it is safe to do so.

I am thankful of those rights, for sure.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Forgive me for defending myself from your jingoism slur and once again with the easy way out response oh and you do what to help change the course of this society? 

Says the guy who responded to greenwich 1 post above like this:

40 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Happy now ?

Tool.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

330 million people, look at the populations of other countries, smaller easier to control stricter etc. etc. China/India garbage. Sure there is always room for improvement, so organize and vote. Greatest country on the planet, with endless factions. People need to learn some pride ,respect and discipline. They are all out with their grievances but they take that almighty dollar hhm no problem there, and leave their community behind, sad.

200.gif

Yeah the sheer population makes any comparison pretty hallow.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah the sheer population makes any comparison pretty hallow.

It's definitely a salient point.  I think people think Europe is bigger and more populated than it actually is because of the Mercantile map we grow up with (which makes Europe look bigger in size and Africa look a lot smaller). 

The UK, the 3rd most populated country in Europe behind Russia (146 million) and Germany (84 million) only has 68 million people, or about 20 % of the US population.  Those 3 countries combined have fewer people than the US.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Forgive me for defending myself from your jingoism slur and once again with the easy way out response

Nothing to forgive. You're hardly the only jingoistic American out there.

oh and you do what to help change the course of this society? 

I don't share your egotistical need to brag about my contribution to society, sorry.  

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nothing to forgive. You're hardly the only jingoistic American out there.

I don't share your egotistical need to brag about my contribution to society, sorry.  

No ego here, you accused, I defended myself giving objective proof I am not who what you say I am. 

I have no desire to engage in a war of words but the weird part is I cant even say lets agree to disagree because other than calling me a jingoist I think we share a similar view of what our country could / should be.

....you accused....

I described a post in a humorous way.

I have no desire to engage in a war of words but the weird part is I cant even say lets agree to disagree because other than calling me a jingoist I think we share a similar view of what our country could / should be.

Always a possibility. 

It's rarely the destination people disagree over, it's almost always the route.

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Need to call names much? 

Feel better now?

It was warranted and yes, I do. 

You don't get to go on a long rant and then make greenwich out to be the jerk when he responds with a well-reasoned answer.  That makes you a tool.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It was warranted and yes, I do. 

You don't get to go on a long rant and then make greenwich out to be the jerk when he responds with a well-reasoned answer.  That makes you a tool.

The name calling really is childish.

On 7/13/2020 at 9:48 AM, Warfish said:

I've been closely following the Redskins name issue (full disclosure, I'm a huge fan of the pending name-change,  no matter what the new name turns out to be).

I am absolutely LOVING how pissed off so many Redskins fans are over this issue.  Especially today, they are in full blown outrage mode, claiming they'll drop the team and never watch again (despite claiming to be Skins fans for 30, 40, 50 years, etc.)

Doesn't seem to matter that it's just a name.  Doesn't seem to matter that the team is the same team (this isn't the Ravens/Browns issue).  Doesn't seem to matter that it's still the home town Washington Team (I'm in the DC area, hence why I hear this all day not Jets stuff, lol).  And winning/losing is rarely cited as a reason, this is 100% the name.  Seems the colors will stay the same, so it's literally just a name and logo.

I got to admit, I am thoroughly enjoying this.  

With that said, how would YOU, as a Jets Fan, feel is next year Woody Johnson comes back to the States and says "the name Jets is old fashioned and boring and outdated, it was cool in the 60's when Jets were the new thing, now, it's old tech.  We're going to change the name in 2021".

Would you be like the Redskins fans and be in full outrage?

Would you stop being a Jets/New Name Fan and seek out a new team?

Would you no longer see the new named team as "your team"?

Would you (as some of the pissed off callers today) start rooting for the Bills, the Patriots, the Phins?  Some of these guys are saying they'll start being Philly fans, lol.

And do you think it would be different because of the socio-political aspects of the Skins name change (i.e. the pressure, the political correctness, etc.) vs. "just changing it" in my scenario above?

What do you think?

First of all, it's a bad comparison to say that Woody claims the Jets are outdated and/or old. In the case of the skins, the name change is all about political correctness. Many wackos claim that the name Redskins is racist. Therefore, in the case of the Jets the scenario would be that the left wackos would claim the team name JETS is somehow racist.

Now, if that actually happened? I would be as outraged as all Redskins fans are.

And I also don't get why you're enjoying all the drama with the Redskins? All this is is another example of political correctness strong arming Dan Snyder into making changes when he clearly did not want to. I think Redskins is a unique and nice team name that brought about the rivalry between Cowboys and Indians. How can there can be a rivalry between Cowboys and Indians when the Redskins have to change their name to the Foreskins or any other name? The world we live in is now so ridiculous that we can't even mutter the word "INDIAN or REDSKIN" when referring to native Americans. You should be against such a silly complaint by touchy snowflakes.

9 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

First of all, it's a bad comparison to say that Woody claims the Jets are outdated and/or old. In the case of the skins, the name change is all about political correctness. Many wackos claim that the name Redskins is racist. Therefore, in the case of the Jets the scenario would be that the left wackos would claim the team name JETS is somehow racist.

Now, if that actually happened? I would be as outraged as all Redskins fans are.

And I also don't get why you're enjoying all the drama with the Redskins? All this is is another example of political correctness strong arming Dan Snyder into making changes when he clearly did not want to. I think Redskins is a unique and nice team name that brought about the rivalry between Cowboys and Indians. How can there can be a rivalry between Cowboys and Indians when the Redskins have to change their name to the Foreskins or any other name? The world we live in is now so ridiculous that we can't even mutter the word "INDIAN or REDSKIN" when referring to native Americans. You should be against such a silly complaint by touchy snowflakes.

Cowboys are ranchers who handle livestock.  The Union army and the Mormons went to war with the Indians. 

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Mods! Please lock this thread. This is the one place I go to get away from politics. Thanks. 

This thread in particular?  You choose poorly!  :)

• Haha 2
On 7/13/2020 at 6:07 PM, Bugg said:

Suspect in a few weeks they will get over it in a deluge of marketing and merchandising for the new nickname.

Only yahoos and losers would bother calling into a sports radio show. If the last few months have taught us anything, it is that sports really is the toy department of life. 

If they try to come for the Fightin' Irish, will readily bash them off the head with a Jameson's bottle on my way to the bar.  ND  named for the Fighting 69th Regiment of the US Army that at it's origin was composed mostly of Irish guys. The unit  still exists today. And fulfills a stereotype that ...kinda fits. In 23andme, I'm 95% Irish, Had one grandpa who despite an engineering degree from RPI drove a Schaefer beer truck for 25 years, the other owned a bar. My father-in-law from Belfast managed his dad's bar there, before joining the US Army where he... managed an officers' club on a NATO base for 2 years, and then became a cop. Don't think this is very unusual. At all. Don't know any person who is Irish or has Irish ancestry that views it as a slur. Quite the contrary. 

23 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

200.gif

Ugh, have you ever even tried reading a history book?  They're super super long.  In 2020 it's so it's much better to turn on the news to let anchorpeoples or politicians on twitter teach us about US history.

• Upvote 1
On 7/16/2020 at 10:12 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

My wife and I traveled extensively through europe in our first three married years before kids. The first time, we were in Prague - one of the most gorgeous gothic cities in Europe. We already knew that it was a hotbed for neo-communists back in the day and that there are still very radical feelings on both sides embedded into their culture of resistance and refusal, yet, they looked at us as if we were lunatics for living in America. On our second night out, we were asked how many people we knew that were shot. Getting caught flat footed doesn't even begin to describe it. 

In the UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and many parts of eastern europe (btw: BudaPest is their crown jewel and is an underrated must see), the American way of life is looked at in the same manner that Americans looked at the Middle East in the early 2000s. I was in ninth grade on 9/11, and throughout high school and college as I followed world events, I always used to wonder why anyone would live where there is so much senseless violence and disregard for human life. Add in the whole healthcare debacle, and it makes perfect sense why all of Europe thinks the same way about Americans.  

Snooty euros look down on Americans. Boy, this is a real eye opener. 

Since I'm older than you, since I was way out of high school at the time of 9/11, and worked right there, I can report to you, based on some euro travel (sorry, eastern europe was problematic) that in western Europe, there was a strong vein of anti american sentiment. 

Always has there been this fascination/repulsion. Sure, where it slides on the scale changes, but it's not exactly news. 

59 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Snooty euros look down on Americans. Boy, this is a real eye opener. 

Since I'm older than you, since I was way out of high school at the time of 9/11, and worked right there, I can report to you, based on some euro travel (sorry, eastern europe was problematic) that in western Europe, there was a strong vein of anti american sentiment. 

Always has there been this fascination/repulsion. Sure, where it slides on the scale changes, but it's not exactly news. 

Snooty euro asked him how many mass shooting victims he knew. Sounds like he melted on the spot. Personally I would have let him know I am on vacation and would prefer not play the loaded questions game but in this instance I will answer If you can tell me if you fear being a victim of the next east euro genocide. Oh and mass shooting in Czech? Google it.

Que the CCC Cancel Culture Club.

• Upvote 2
14 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Snooty euro asked him how many mass shooting victims he knew. Sounds like he melted on the spot. Personally I would have let him know I am on vacation and would prefer not play the loaded questions game but in this instance I will answer If you can tell me if you fear being a victim of the next east euro genocide. Oh and mass shooting in Czech? Google it.

How much do you wish you were me? Honestly? You know nothing about me and this might be the only time you and I have ever conversed, but me traveling through Europe hit you this deep? Didn’t respond to my direct post to you but then talk about me with someone else? “Melted on the spot?” Lol.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

The countries that American liberals sweat are pretty much openly not great but compensate with wokeness. Westchester and around is completely redlined and schools are very small and segregated.The south has its issues but is wayyy more integrated imo.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The countries that American liberals sweat are pretty much openly not great but compensate with wokeness. Greenwich is entirely white too. Westchester and around is completely redlined and schools are very small and segregated . The south has its issues but is wayyy more integrated. 

I’m neither white nor liberal, but cool story bro.

I also never once “sweated” another country. I said other first world countries have a very specific idea of what America is, and I can understand why. The butthurt and insecurity stemming from my post causing posters to talk about me and jump to conclusions instead of addressing me directly is fun though. 

• Upvote 2
On 7/17/2020 at 8:04 AM, johnnysd said:

I only follow the Jets and golf, and watch some snooker and pool on Youtube. Gave up baseball in 1996, Last baseball game I saw was when Barry Bonds hit 755, and I never really liked Hockey or Basketball so could care less about them. I think maybe I am still so into the Jets is because its really the only thing left.

And we can't just give up now right before they win the ring!!!   Right?   lmao!!!  

These friggin Jets man... 

On 7/16/2020 at 9:37 AM, SAR I said:

Great post, GB.

For me, it's never been anything the organization, league, or players have done that have made me close to burning out on the Jets.  I can live with bad drafts, bad coaches, holdouts, suspensions, mascots, burping, farting, kneeling, none of that stuff bothers me either individually or cumulatively as I'm all about what happens for 60 minutes on Sunday, the rest is just noise.

For me, it's about the quarterback.  All those decades in the wilderness, looking for a great quarterback, it really frustrated me to the point where I'm still in recovery.  I'm as loyal to the Jets as they come, but I don't know if I'll be able to stay committed to the sport if Darnold busts.

SAR I

It really is amazing how long we have been looking for a QB.  I loved Vinny for the one year and I loved Chad through and through outside of his injuries. That kid would have won it with Mawae out front and CMart behind. But I digress.  Even when we traded up to draft Sanchez I didn't feel like we had the guy. The slew of bums we've had here is nothing short of epic. We couldn't have tried to do any worse. It really is impressive. 

I believe in Sam and love that JD made this offseason about protecting him.  But I'm with ya. If he busts I don't know if I can start over lol 

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

And we can't just give up now right before they win the ring!!!   Right?   lmao!!!  

These friggin Jets man... 

Not a chance of giving up. I am still iffy on Gase, though his scripted plays, the way we ended the season, and the fact the team did not give up on after our horrific start give me some hope. But with Douglas I really feel we have competence at the helm, and our roster will continue to improve. I think Sam will get us where we want to go. I am cautiously excited that we actually play a season though I am not sure the NFL is doing enough

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I’m neither white nor liberal, but cool story bro.

I also never once “sweated” another country. I said other first world countries have a very specific idea of what America is, and I can understand why. The butthurt and insecurity stemming from my post causing posters to talk about me and jump to conclusions instead of addressing me directly is fun though. 

I’ve enjoyed it.  Especially considering I was the one who brought up leaving (White, not liberal, very woke).   I just want tasty waves and a stress free life in a cool place where my hard earned American dollar will go far!!!  Why?  Because I can!  Funny thing is, I don’t think those places are better counties, they’re not, I just want to live there because of the cheap hassle free life style.  I was just simply sharing some perspective, which I know is hard for people to accept when it’s not there’s but ain’t nobody worried about on the point, brah! 

• Like 1
On 7/16/2020 at 3:12 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

My wife and I traveled extensively through europe in our first three married years before kids. The first time, we were in Prague - one of the most gorgeous gothic cities in Europe. We already knew that it was a hotbed for neo-communists back in the day and that there are still very radical feelings on both sides embedded into their culture of resistance and refusal, yet, they looked at us as if we were lunatics for living in America. On our second night out, we were asked how many people we knew that were shot. Getting caught flat footed doesn't even begin to describe it. 

In the UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and many parts of eastern europe (btw: BudaPest is their crown jewel and is an underrated must see), the American way of life is looked at in the same manner that Americans looked at the Middle East in the early 2000s. I was in ninth grade on 9/11, and throughout high school and college as I followed world events, I always used to wonder why anyone would live where there is so much senseless violence and disregard for human life. Add in the whole healthcare debacle, and it makes perfect sense why all of Europe thinks the same way about Americans.  

There was an extremely rare mass shooting in England not long after I moved out here a while back.  I don't recall how many people were shot or killed but I remember seeing a woman on the news who witnessed it and she just said "I couldn't believe it.  He was firing at anyone he could hit.  It was like being in America".

People legitimately believe you can't go out in the US without being part of a shooting.

• Upvote 1