Terrelle Pryor eyeing comeback, says he's talked to Patriots

https://www.nfl.com/news/terrelle-pryor-eyeing-comeback-says-he-s-talked-to-patriots

Headshot_Author_Kevin-Patra_2020

Kevin Patra

AROUND THE NFL WRITER

Terrelle Pryor didn't play a regular-season snap last year, but the veteran wide receiver isn't giving up hope of returning in 2020.

"There have been conversations with a couple -- five teams," Pryor said. "(My reps) spoke to the Patriots last week, I believe. A lot of the teams are not really dealing with bringing in players because of the COVID situation."

Pryor said the Patriots and Pittsburgh Steelers are the two teams that intrigue him most.

"Those two are very intriguing," Pryor said. "Especially Cam. I've been a big fan of him throughout the years ... And, obviously, Big Ben, that's my hometown of Pittsburgh, so that's just two teams that I really want to play for."

Pryor spent training camp with the Jacksonville Jaguars last year, but didn't stand out, and was ultimately released with an injury settlement after suffering a hamstring injury.

The 6-foot-4 former quarterback spent six games in 2018 with the New York Jets, catching 14 passes for 235 yards and two TDs before being cut. He then landed in Buffalo for two games, catching one pass.

Since his breakout campaign in 2016 as a full-time receiver in Cleveland, during which he compiled 1,007 yards and four TDs on 77 catches, Pryor has been a nomad, struggling to stay healthy and make an impact.

Pryor was hospitalized in November after being stabbed and was charged with simple assault stemming from the incident.

The wideout said he feels fully healthy, and if given a chance, believes he can crack a rotation.

"I can still play. And, I can still make plays and dominate," Pryor said. "I know that. It's just, I've got to have that in my mind. They've got to see that I'm still healthy. That's the only thing that really held me back, even two years ago with the Jets."

Given the receiver market was sluggish this offseason, and the issues with teams conducting physicals, Pryor would likely have to wait until well into training camp if any team is willing to give him another shot.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I’d roll it again on a cheap 1yr deal, same with Gordon. We have nothing to lose and need all the help we can get at WR 

We already have Josh Doctson as our reclamation project.  If we just need another body, might as well just bring back Demaryius Thomas.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

We already have Josh Doctson as our reclamation project.  If we just need another body, might as well just bring back Demaryius Thomas.

Yep would he totally fine with him too 

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A lousy football player who quits on passes like he did in the Dolphin game.  

The guy has issues. 

No thanks, love his talent, hate his head

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

He was a big part of Darnold's early success in 2018.  Good catch radius.   Often injured and not a popular teammate though.

Yeah, Darnold should send him a check today for those 14 catches over those 6 games. ?

He was a body

• Haha 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, Darnold should send him a check today for those 14 catches over those 6 games. ?

He was a body

He had a 1,000 yard season in Cleveland.  Sorry you're wrong, the guy has talent.  But injuries and an apparent problem gelling with teammates appear to be constant issues with him.

He had a 1,000 yard season in Cleveland.  Sorry you're wrong, the guy has talent.  But injuries and an apparent problem gelling with teammates appear to be constant issues with him.

I'm wrong?  He has talent?  Basing it on his career or one season in Cleveland way back when?

You brought up how helpful he was with Darnold.  I'm wrong it wasn't 14 catches or a hair over 2 per game were actually a huge help somehow?  

Remember the Dolphin game?  Couldn't bother to reach for the pass from Darnold, let it go for an INT in the EZ instead of a TD.  A game we ultimately lost by one score.  One, thank Terrell 

See I couldn't care what he did in Cleveland,  once.  Just for reference his high point before Cleveland was 42 yards.  He followed up Clevelands numbers with 240 yards, 235 whole yards here and 17 yards.  Thats the mans career.  22, 42, 1,000, 240, 235 & 17.  

And of course for bonus points he's a problem who has a history of diciplinary problems.  Including his time here

Not getting the love 
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm wrong?  He has talent?  Basing it on his career or one season?

You brought up how helpful he was with Darnold.  I'm wrong it wasn't 14 catches or 14 catches, a hair over 2 per game were actually a huge help somehow?  Remember the Dolphin game?  Couldn't bother to reach for the pass from Darnold, let it go for an INT in the EZ instead of a TD.  A game we ultimately lost by one score.

See I could care what he did in Cleveland,  once.  Just for reference his high point before Cleveland was 42 yards.  He followed up Clevelands numbers with 240 yards, 235 whole yards here and 17 yards

And of course for bonus points he's a problem who has a history.  Including his time here

Not getting the love 

He was 2nd in receiving on the team for the first 3 games, and had more yards than Robby Anderson in every game.  If you watch the film he had some productive catches on good drives.  That's what I meant by early some success.  Obviously it didn't last and I said as much in the very beginning.  Not sure what point you're trying to make.  There are lots of talented players who end up just being a flash in the pan, that's what Pryor is, but make no mistake it takes some ability to have a 1,000yd season in the NFL even if it is a flash in the pan.

• Upvote 1

He was 2nd in receiving on the team for the first 3 games, and had more yards than Robby Anderson in every game.  If you watch the film he had some productive catches on good drives.  That's what I meant by early some success.  Obviously it didn't last and I said as much in the very beginning.  Not sure what point you're trying to make.  There are lots of talented players who end up just being a flash in the pan, that's what Pryor is, but make no mistake it takes some ability to have a 1,000yd season in the NFL even if it is a flash in the pan.

Cant believe anyone is arguing over 14 catches.  He sucks, hes a bad guy, his teammates in Washington hated him.  He was a diciplinary problem with the Jets.  He quit on passes.

Thats the simple and easy conclusion that anyone who watched real WRs comes to.  Hes no better than any other teams #4 or maybe #5 WR.  Every single team in the NFL has a WR as good as Pryor.  I would rather have  J Smith, Doctson, Malone, Chesson, Campbell, Cager whoever fight for the bottom of the WR unit, don't need a space wasted by Pryor

I could name a lot of WRs who had a 1,000 yard season and it wound up as a one and only

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Cant believe anyone is arguing over 14 catches.  He sucks, hes a bad guy, his teammates in Washington hated him.  He was a diciplinary problem with the Jets.  He quit on passes.

Thats the simple and easy conclusion that anyone who watched real WRs comes to.  Hes no better than any other teams #4 or maybe #5 WR.  Every single team in the NFL has a WR as good as Pryor.  I would rather have  J Smith, Doctson, Malone, Chesson, Campbell, Cager whoever fight for the bottom of the WR unit, don't need a space wasted by Pryor

I could name a lot of WRs who had a 1,000 yard season and it wound up as a one and only

Agree.  The guy is a total dud

Can’t wait to see the pats cut both him and Cam

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/terrelle-pryor-eyeing-comeback-says-he-s-talked-to-patriots

Headshot_Author_Kevin-Patra_2020

Kevin Patra

AROUND THE NFL WRITER

Terrelle Pryor didn't play a regular-season snap last year, but the veteran wide receiver isn't giving up hope of returning in 2020.

"There have been conversations with a couple -- five teams," Pryor said. "(My reps) spoke to the Patriots last week, I believe. A lot of the teams are not really dealing with bringing in players because of the COVID situation."

Pryor said the Patriots and Pittsburgh Steelers are the two teams that intrigue him most.

"Those two are very intriguing," Pryor said. "Especially Cam. I've been a big fan of him throughout the years ... And, obviously, Big Ben, that's my hometown of Pittsburgh, so that's just two teams that I really want to play for."

Pryor spent training camp with the Jacksonville Jaguars last year, but didn't stand out, and was ultimately released with an injury settlement after suffering a hamstring injury.

The 6-foot-4 former quarterback spent six games in 2018 with the New York Jets, catching 14 passes for 235 yards and two TDs before being cut. He then landed in Buffalo for two games, catching one pass.

Since his breakout campaign in 2016 as a full-time receiver in Cleveland, during which he compiled 1,007 yards and four TDs on 77 catches, Pryor has been a nomad, struggling to stay healthy and make an impact.

Pryor was hospitalized in November after being stabbed and was charged with simple assault stemming from the incident.

The wideout said he feels fully healthy, and if given a chance, believes he can crack a rotation.

"I can still play. And, I can still make plays and dominate," Pryor said. "I know that. It's just, I've got to have that in my mind. They've got to see that I'm still healthy. That's the only thing that really held me back, even two years ago with the Jets."

Given the receiver market was sluggish this offseason, and the issues with teams conducting physicals, Pryor would likely have to wait until well into training camp if any team is willing to give him another shot.

can you imagine? he wouldn't make the practice squad there. They got rid of DT last year and he walked on as our best WR.

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

can you imagine? he wouldn't make the practice squad there. They got rid of DT last year and he walked on as our best WR.

I don’t like the pats roster at all.  Sony Michel is coming off foot surgery which is always trouble.  Their two best offensive players play the same position Slot with Sanu and PEDelman

Their defense was ridiculously overrated last year thanks to them playing cupcakes early in the season.  Once their schedule got harder they got exposed

No more Dante Scarnechia to coach up the OL. No more Brady so refs won’t be looking the other way on obvious holds

52 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t like the pats roster at all.  Sony Michel is coming off foot surgery which is always trouble.  Their two best offensive players play the same position Slot with Sanu and PEDelman

Their defense was ridiculously overrated last year thanks to them playing cupcakes early in the season.  Once their schedule got harder they got exposed

No more Dante Scarnechia to coach up the OL. No more Brady so refs won’t be looking the other way on obvious holds

Im curious to see what their Oline gets away with this season.