Sign in to follow this  
Jetsfan80

6 starting spots up for grabs as Jets enter training camp

38 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

ILB ??? One word here...  Injuries.  Who is going to hold up ??? CJ Mosley is a question due to injury.  Cashman has an injury issue as does Williamson.  This is going to be decided by who can stay on the field.

Agreed, but the one part you hope works in the Jets' favor is that, for both Mosley and Williamson, last season was a bit of an outlier for them, as neither had injury issues throughout their careers to that point.  So as long as they are fully recovered, you'd have to hope they can be considered more reliable.

Cashman is a completely different story, as injury issues were a red flag coming out and seemed to be often be cited as the primary reason he fell the to the 5th round.  Given that, I think they just need to take advantage of the very low cost of Cashman and basically just consider him a high level reserve/sub player, as betting on him for more than that is likely dangerous until he can prove he's gotten over the injury bug.

I think it would take the Jets coming away both being seriously impressed with Onwuasor and getting a decent trade offer for Williamson for the line-up to end up being anything other than Mosley/Williamson.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The injuries that Mosley and Williamson are coming off of are not trivial.  Even if they didn't have a history of injury like Cashman, they do now.  I don't have any confidence that any of them can hold up.   I expect to see a whole new stable of LB's in 2021. 

Williamson was an ACL tear, which I don't think has any particular history of being a chronic injury, as much as it just being a guarantee for a lost season when it happens.  That it happened during preseason gives even less reason to think that itself creates any great risk for him.

I never saw much about the severity of Mosley's injury, but groin injuries can be a bit trickier, so will really come down to the question of whether he's fully recovered (as that's what was ultimately his undoing last year, when coming back too early).

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company