PFF Jets Preview

11 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

This is your brain on drugs.  JUST SAY NO!

If a beat up Jets mess could beat the Steelers and Raiders, the healthy Jets can handle the Colts and Broncos.  Sam already beat both and in successive weeks too.  

We beat the Bills twice last year.  49ers are better than us in every way but 10am on the road with no preseason and pandemic jitters makes it a close game.

2-2 easy, 3-1 probable, 4-0 possible.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

It's pretty much how this pans out every single time the Jets actually find a player.   Jets fans hate good Football players because they say things and want to get paid.  

Curtis, Revis and now Adams?  All top- players, all have been ripped here.

As other have stated the talent has improved.  Whether that talent is sufficient to improve over all performance remains to be seen.  In addition, with the PS cut in half the OL will have very little time to jell which could cause problems similar to last year... lets hope not.  

However, my biggest concern is the HC/OC ability.  W/O listing "again" all the reasons, let me just say I have very little faith in their ability to coach players up.... esp when the team isn't executing.   If this team fails to get better offensively then - IMHO - we have our answer with the HC.  

5 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

BURN THE TWEETER!!!!

checking blood and oil GIF

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much.

Yeah, he can play but ever try and decipher those tweets?  

DUMP HIS ASS

I love a good witch burning though... so.....

We could always press the Witch instead ... That's a fun way of dealing with them.

1391640084_download(3).jpeg.b3d87079bfa4b4db90d8f914c4300071.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Would be great if some crafty member of JN could put together a poll on how everybody rank the teams in the division. 

I am unfortunately too busy casting...objects. 

I put up a poll a few weeks back.  Though that was before Cam signed with the Patriots.

The top vote-getters for division order:

1) Jets-Bills-Pats-Dolphins

2) Bills-Jets-Pats-Dolphins

3) Bills-Pats-Jets-Dolphins

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Reading this article is quite depressing.

It certainly feels like the Jets have downgraded the roster, which was already one of the - if not the - worst in the league.

They are really counting on the many high risk draft picks from panning out.  

better O-line, better WR group, better linebackers, better cornerbacks, QB will be better, Bell will be better - downgraded roster how? Also, Bless Austin wasn't even mentioned and he may start.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Good to see Fant graded out just as badly as I thought when watching him.

What a disastrous pickup he is. Genuine trash.

Been saying the same thing all along.  If you like this pickup you have never watched the guy play.

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I put up a poll a few weeks back.  Though that was before Cam signed with the Patriots.

The top vote-getters for division order:

1) Jets-Bills-Pats-Dolphins

2) Bills-Jets-Pats-Dolphins

3) Bills-Pats-Jets-Dolphins

Thanks a bunch! Great to see! The question that is still open for debate is whether Cam Newton will improve Cheats or if he puts the final nail in the coffin. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

better O-line, better WR group, better linebackers, better cornerbacks, QB will be better, Bell will be better - downgraded roster how? Also, Bless Austin wasn't even mentioned and he may start.

The Oline is questionable if it’s better - it is worse IMHO.  How are the LB’s better?

WR’s? We lost the only true threat we had and replaced him with a  person with LITERALLY half of his production.

Bell will be a year old and a year slower.

I know, as fans, we want to look at everything with green colored glasses but the reality is, outside of hoping the rookies will make a difference and that they stay healthy, This roster is worse than it was last year. 

I

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The Oline is questionable if it’s better - it is worse IMHO.  How are the LB’s better?

WR’s? We lost the only true threat we had and replaced him with a  person with LITERALLY half of his production.

Bell will be a year old and a year slower.

I know, as fans, we want to look at everything with green colored glasses but the reality is, outside of hoping the rookies will make a difference and that they stay healthy, This roster is worse than it was last year. 

I

How is the OL worse? Becton has to be exceptionally bad for that to be true.

Perriman isn’t as good as Robby but the hope is with more usage he can be 90% of Robby. Which should be enough to offset the loss if you also add Mims to the fold.

5 hours ago, JiF said:

It's pretty much how this pans out every single time the Jets actually find a player.   Jets fans hate good Football players because they say things and want to get paid.  

Just when you had come to the light, you go back to the darkness.

Neither the Jets front office nor Jets fans forced Jamal Adams out.  And, last I checked, Douglas hasn't traded him yet.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

at Bills - We beat them last year, Sam Darnold has never lost in Orchard Park.

49ers - No preseason, their first long road trip and a 10AM start to boot.

at Colts - Sam owned them two years ago on a weaker team.

Broncos - Sam owned them two years ago on a weaker team.

SAR I

Sam is too green to OWN anybody .

PFF hahaha.....they get some things right but mainly they are just one more reference point to base your overall judgement on.  IMHO they are near the bottom of the totem pole.  None the less, have at it Jets fans who think we've downgraded.