Myles Garrett 25Mil Per

22 minutes ago, bitonti said:

here's a question 

is there another defensive back you'd rather have for the next 10 years? 

not rhetorical

Is Derwin James better than 33? not really

oh The Jets save tons of cash 

not signing Jason Peters

not signing a legit pass rusher

not signing 33

eventually not signing 14

if saving cap space was rewarded with wins, the Jets would be a contender

instead of what they are today 

I'd rather have  Jalen Ramsey, Marlon Humphrey, Marshon Lattimore, Tre White, Derwin James, possibly guys like Jaire Alexander or Xavien Howard. Those guys all impact their Defenses more than Adams. 

And if Derwin James wasn't hurt last year he would once again prove he is more impactful playing SS than Adams. James stats his rookie year were way more impressive than any of the 3 years Jamal has played. 75 Solo Tackles, 3.5 Sacks, 3 Picks and 13 PD's. I'll take that over Adams anyday especially on Sunday. On top of that, Derwin James was crucial in stopping Lamar in the playoffs in 2018. Chargers literally schemed their defense around him playing around the LoS. James is faster, taller, more explosive, jumps higher, and is more productive when he plays.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MindOverMatter said:

I'd rather have  Jalen Ramsey, Marlon Humphrey, Marshon Lattimore, Tre White, Derwin James, possibly guys like Jaire Alexander or Xavien Howard. Those guys all impact their Defenses more than Adams. 

And if Derwin James wasn't hurt last year he would once again prove he is more impactful playing SS than Adams. James stats his rookie year were way more impressive than any of the 3 years Jamal has played. 75 Solo Tackles, 3.5 Sacks, 3 Picks and 13 PD's. I'll take that over Adams anyday especially on Sunday. On top of that, Derwin James was crucial in stopping Lamar in the playoffs in 2018. Chargers literally schemed their defense around him playing around the LoS. James is faster, taller, more explosive, jumps higher, and is more productive when he plays.

Yes, but have you considered that Derwin James doesn't have a cool nickname like "33" or "Prez"???

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Jalen Ramsey

Marcus Peters

Tre'Davious White

Marshon Lattimore

Marlon Humphrey

Casey Hayward

I bet Jeff Okudah will be on this list soon as well. 

Most are on Jamal's level and play a premium position.

Want me to keep going?

I don't, no.

We will never agree on this but Jamal Adams is in fact better than all those players and younger than almost all of them as well 

Marcus Peters is 27 that makes him 37 by the end of this 10 year period 

Casey Heyward is 30 that makes him 40 by the end of this 10 year period 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Breshad Perriman is Randy Moss when he plays 

This is the silliest sh*t i've read all week. Derwin missed 11 games out of his 1st 2 seasons, not ideal obviously but i wouldn't label him injury prone. 

When Adams didn't catch an INT his entire rookie season, did you alsk assume he would never catch one in his career?

• Upvote 1

On 7/15/2020 at 12:03 PM, EM31 said:

I would fine him if he does something where a fine can be made to stick.  Sure.

Yes I would consider benching him if he continues to be a distraction the same way that several teams benched and fined TO for example when his antics became too much of an issue.

And yes, I am serious.  His antics are in the let's compare him to TO range.  Hopefully it drives his contract value into the toilet so that others will think twice about copying the same "let me shoot my way out of town" strategy.  His implicit value to the Jets is a ship that has already sailed IMO.  What remains is his value as a caution to others.

He hasn’t done a thing to be fined but you did say fine him and bench him.  

He isn’t a distraction.  Players never think someone negotiating their future is a distraction.  That’s fan talk.  TO dis things on the field.  TO didn’t show to camp.  So far the TO comparison doesn’t fit

Why on earth anyone who wants to trade and all pro/pro bowl player would want to drive his price down by benching him for the year is beyond me.  The team is better with him playing.  That’s not maximizing the value of your best player and chip.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't, no.

We will never agree on this but Jamal Adams is in fact better than all those players and younger than almost all of them as well 

Marcus Peters is 27 that makes him 37 by the end of this 10 year period 

Casey Heyward is 30 that makes him 40 by the end of this 10 year period 

Adams is not better than Ramsey, that's a stretch at a minimum. Humphrey, White, and Lattimore are all around Adams' age, with similar talent while playing a much more important position. 

If Adams was in the NFL with guys like Adrian Wilson, Eric Berry, Bob Sanders, Kam Chancellor, Polamalu, even guys like Kerry Rhodes, would he be considered a top 3 safety? The answer is no, he would not.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

This is the silliest sh*t i've read all week. Derwin missed 11 games out of his 1st 2 seasons, not ideal obviously but i wouldn't label him injury prone. 

I would 

the only ability that matters in the NFL is Availability 

11 games missed out of 32 is far too high a rate for a position like SS where their bodies are only going to get worse  

16 games is the season

and that goes double for Sam "I only play 13 games a season" Darnold 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He hasn’t done a thing to be fined but you did say fine home and bench him.  

He isn’t a distraction.  Players never think someone negotiating their future is a distraction.  That’s fan talk.  TO dis things on the field.  TO didn’t show to camp.  So far the TO comparison doesn’t fit

Why on earth anyone who wants to trade and all pro/pro bowl player would want to drive his price down by benching him for the year is beyond me.  The team is better with him playing.  That’s not maximizing the value of your best player and chip.  

Sit him, fine him and drive his value down.  I am ready to sign up on the hit to our W/L totals from 5-7 wins with him down to 5-7 wins without him

The very definition of a non-game changer and fat mouthed self promoter.

35 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I won't argue that Jamal is a franchise player.  The ultimate question is how good is your team if your franchise player is a Safety?  Not very good would be my guess; Ed Reed, who was a FS, and the Ravens being the only exception I can think of for the modern era (although you can make the argument that Ray Lewis was their franchise player, not Reed)

That’s a whole different story for JD.  I’ve never said If JD doesn’t want to pay a S and can get the right return, go for it.  But giving him away for 60 cents on a dollar like the 80’s of the board would is as dumb as some insistence that he’s not good.  That’s my argument

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MindOverMatter said:

Adams is not better than Ramsey, that's a stretch at a minimum. Humphrey, White, and Lattimore are all around Adams' age, with similar talent while playing a much more important position. 

If Adams was in the NFL with guys like Adrian Wilson, Eric Berry, Bob Sanders, Kam Chancellor, Polamalu, even guys like Kerry Rhodes, would he be considered a top 3 safety? The answer is no, he would not.

Yes he'd be top 3 along side Troy P and prime Berry

Kerry Rhodes was soft

and Serious question since when did cornerback become MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than safety?

it's more important but they are both defensive backs  

One could argue safety is more important it's the heart and center of every defense 

it's certainly more of a stat producing spot 

all Tom Brady has to do to avoid Revis is not throw at Revis 

As for is Ramsey better than Adams they are both multiple all Pro 

oh wait they aren't

Adams is a multiple All Pro Ramsey isn't

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

Sit him, fine him and drive his value down.  I am ready to sign up on the hit to our W/L totals from 5-7 with him down to 5-7 without him

That’s probably the worst way to run a team and to blame your best player on this team for not winning is worse.  It actually begs the question have you watched the last 3 seasons.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

I don't understand how this would drive his value down

it kinda just makes the Jets look petty

And makes us look good to potential FAs looking for a landing spot and to your young players

Kerry Rhodes was soft

and Serious question since when did cornerback become MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than safety?

One could argue safety is more important it's the heart and center of every defense 

oh wait they aren't

Too many here have no idea about what a SS does for a defense.  Not sure if he thinks CB is more important why compare the two

• Upvote 1

Kerry Rhodes was soft

oh wait they aren't

Who cares about Pro Bowls? They are popularity contests and even though Jamal is a good player, he screams his name the loudest, and all these young impressionable NFL fans feed into it. If Jamal tweeted as much as Marcus Maye, you think half the people that know of him would still know he exists?

CB has always been more important than SS, FS is arguable, but SS is definitely less important than CB. If you need proof compare Franchise Tag prices, or Contracts, or see how often CB's go in the 1st round vs SS's.

Grant Delpit and the Bama safety are both talented, one a FS the other a SS. Both went at the top of the 2nd round, because they are replaceable. Tom Brady couls avoid Revis, but he's the Goat and never really had a true #1 besides Moss and Gronk. And Revis held his own vs Moss. What about the teams with true #1's like Andre Johnson, Calvin, Reggie Wayne, T.O, Chad Johnson, Marques Colston....because Revis made all these guys irrelevant.

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s probably the worst way to run a team and to blame your best player on this team for not winning is worse.  It actually begs the question have you watched the last 3 seasons.  

Our opinions of what he brings as a player are wildly different.  While there are others who agree with you the universe of people who agree with me is not zero either.

I think he is a good player.  I do not think he is a game changer by any stretch of the imagination and our won lost record over time support my view more so than it does yours.

I would not pay any safety the kind of money he seems to want and I am not convinced he is even the best safety in the NFL.  What he is good at is self promoting and getting people to buy into his nonsense.

• Post of the Week 1

Lol, posters here will ball wash Jamal so much they actually believe he is worth more than an elite CB. That's why there were still good SS's in FA last year that couldn't get deals right??? Because every team is in a hurry to sign their run stopping SS's...

I mean just look at the NFL draft, you see teams drafting SS's top ten every year looking for their new hybrid impact SS, oh wait that's right they don't.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Our opinions of what he brings as a player are wildly different.  While there are others who agree with you the universe of people who agree with me is not zero either.

I think he is a good player.  I do not think he is a game changer by any stretch of the imagination and our won lost record over time support my view more so than it does yours.

I would not pay any safety the kind of money he seems to want and I am not convinced he is even the best safety in the NFL.  What he is good at is self promoting and getting people to buy into his nonsense.

When you find someone outside a fan board, pissed at his tweeting that agrees with you.  I’ve never seen anyone of consequence, any article claiming or quoting anyone of consequence making a case that he brings little to the team and D, that he adds nothing in fact.  The he brings nothing evaluations aren’t there.  

15 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Lol, posters here will ball wash Jamal so much they actually believe he is worth more than an elite CB. That's why there were still good SS's in FA last year that couldn't get deals right??? Because every team is in a hurry to sign their run stopping SS's...

I mean just look at the NFL draft, you see teams drafting SS's top ten every year looking for their new hybrid impact SS, oh wait that's right they don't.

So recognizing his talent, like most makes you a ball washer?  

Good for you

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So recognizing his talent, like most makes you a ball washer?  

Good for you

I recognize his talent, i do think he is a good player. Others here take it way too far, comparing him to HoF safeties and other Elite defensive players, it's insane. 

It does make you a ball washer if you think Adams is as good as Polamalu, or  top 10 SS is as valuable as a top 10 mam cover corner. That is either Jet homerism at it's finest, or some of you guys don't watch anyother team play besides the Jets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

a list of guys worse than 33

Justin Simmons is playing on the franchise tag btw 

Just pointing out what the market thinks SS's are worth.

The top safety is being paid 15million at this time.

Paying Adams 20mil = a 33% increase

Apple is currently going for $390/hare.

Would you bid for it today for $520?

Insanity.

Oh yeah APPLE doesn't belly ache Like Adams

I hope they get a fair value trade offer and pull the trigger.

The P.I.T.A. ( pain in the ass factor) is just too high.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Jamal has lead the jets to 5,5,7 wins

Franchise players help you win games, in three years I'd say there might be one game in which you could directly point to this player as making a turning point play.

A box SS that generates almost no turnovers is not a franchise player.

And think of how many wins he'll lead us to when he's making $18M per year!

"We need more dawgs!!!!"

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

I recognize his talent, i do think he is a good player. Others here take it way too far, comparing him to HoF safeties and other Elite defensive players, it's insane. 

It does make you a ball washer if you think Adams is as good as Polamalu, or  top 10 SS is as valuable as a top 10 mam cover corner. That is either Jet homerism at it's finest, or some of you guys don't watch anyother team play besides the Jets.

Who’s taking it to far.  
who brought HOF players to compare him too?  Then making the claim that he’s a HOF player too.  Where are these imaginary “homers”?  

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Jalen Ramsey

Marcus Peters

Tre'Davious White

Marshon Lattimore

Marlon Humphrey

Casey Hayward

I bet Jeff Okudah will be on this list soon as well. 

Most are on Jamal's level and play a premium position.

Want me to keep going?

Add these 3 to your list as well:

• Minkah Fitzpatrick
  • Eddie Jackson
  • Derwin James

It's also laughable to think that Jamal will be an elite player for the next 10 years.  Dude runs a 4.54 40 and has very average athleticism.  Guys like that fall off a cliff by the time they're 30.  He has about 6 years of elite play in him going forward, at most.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Jamal Adams' numbers last year, which was his best season to date:

• 61 Solo Tackles
  • 1 INT
  • 6.5 Sacks
  • 2 FFs
  • 1 FR
  • 10 TFLs
  • 7 PDs

LB Joe Schobert's numbers on average over the last 3 seasons:

• 78.3 Solo Tackles
  • 2.0 INTs
  • 2.7 Sacks
  • 2.3 FFs
  • 1.0 FRs
  • 4.7 TFLs
  • 6.3 PDs

Schobert was recently allowed to walk in free agency by the Cleveland Browns.  He signed with the Jaguars this offseason for $10.8M per year over 5 years.

Jamal Adams is asking to be paid like one of the NFL's top defenders, somewhere in the neighborhood of $20M per year.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

When you find someone outside a fan board, pissed at his tweeting that agrees with you.  I’ve never seen anyone of consequence, any article claiming or quoting anyone of consequence making a case that he brings little to the team and D, that he adds nothing in fact.  The he brings nothing evaluations aren’t there.  

I did not say he brings nothing.  I said he is a good player but not a great one.  I said he does not appear to be a game changer and cited our W/L record as evidence in support of that.

My answer on your "anyone of consequence" nonsense is the group of so called experts who were supportive of Adams, to a man would not have give even a single first rounder in trade for him.

So either his play on the field is where he falls short or his additional baggage are what is bringing his value down.  Or both (my own opinion). i.e. he is not that good to begin with AND he has huge salary demands AND he is a problem employee.

• Upvote 1

Jamal Adams does things no other player in the NFL can do. 

Well except for this guy.....

Darius Leonard 

• 91.0 Solo Tackles per season
  • 3.5 INTs
  • 6.0 Sacks
  • 3.0 FFs
  • 1.0 FRs
  • 9.5 TFLs
  • 7.5 PDs

And this guy....

Jordan Hicks

• 93 Solo Tackles in 2019
  • 3 INTs
  • 1.5 Sacks
  • 2 FFs
  • 1 FRs
  • 11 TFLs
  • 6 PDs

And this guy...

Bobby Wagner (at the age of 29)

• 86 Solo Tackles in 2019
  • 1 INT
  • 3.0 Sacks
  • 1 FF
  • 1 FR
  • 7 TFLs
  • 6 PDs

And this guy...

Cory Littleton

• 84.0 Solo Tackles per season
  • 2.5 INTs
  • 3.8 Sacks
  • 1.0 FFs
  • 2.0 FRs
  • 7.5 TFLs
  • 11.0 PDs

And this guy....

Logan Ryan (unemployed....in July)

• 73 Solo Tackles in 2019
  • 4 INTs
  • 4.5 Sacks
  • 4 FFs
  • 0 FRs
  • 4 TFLs
  • 18 PDs

Shall I keep going?  I have more.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Oh, here's another fun one!  How about Eric Reid, who is also unemployed despite putting up these numbers in 2019:

• 97 Solo Tackles
  • 0 INTs
  • 4.0 Sacks
  • 1 FF
  • 2 FRs
  • 7 TFLs
  • 6 PDs

Those are Adams-esque numbers if I ever saw them! 

Wonder why this guy can't get signed by somebody?  I guess because he had 1 fewer INT than Jamal?  Yeah, that must be it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No they can’t.  No one is complaining about him other than here

Something, call it a hunch, tells me that Joe Douglas & Adam Gase haven't been particularly thrilled with Adams and his antics over the last month and a half.

• Upvote 3