Adams would be a moron if he plays under his rookie deal now

2 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Lol at forfeiting his current salary.

All Adams has to do is report to Training Camp, and then leave before they scrimmage. He’ll only be out $850,000 (his ‘20 salary after reporting bonus)

If I’m him, I tell the Jets to keep that money and put it toward fines.... 

Would you risk 100 million for 850,000? I wouldn’t.

He’d do better By reporting to camp, go out and COVID up so you are excused from camp and draw your salary. A healthy man like him will be fine but can still complain about symptoms and no one will want him back in camp

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

He’d do better By reporting to camp, go out and COVID up so you are excused from camp and draw your salary. A healthy man like him will be fine but can still complain about symptoms and no one will want him back in camp

Bu... bu... but he's a leader!

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

How dumb would Jamal be if he shows up for Training Camp without a new deal?

After todays news, it's a given he's going to get a minimum  $100,000,000 deal, probably more. Why take the chance of getting a severe injury playing for peanuts?

Just tell Douglas I’ll be waiting at home for my money, and thank him for the extra 20-30 million he probably made today.

tenor.gif?itemid=14892506

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

After todays news, it's a given he's going to get a minimum  $100,000,000 deal, probably more. Why take the chance of getting a severe injury playing for peanuts?

Just tell Douglas I’ll be waiting at home for my money, and thank him for the extra 20-30 million he probably made today.

Ya got one to many zeroes there homie.

9 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Ya got one to many zeroes there homie.

I’m not saying he’s worth 18-20 million per, I’m saying that’s what he’s going to get.

He should thank JD for dragging his feet during the last few months. That probably will make him about an extra 20 million or so.

3 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I’m not saying he’s worth 18-20 million per, I’m saying that’s what he’s going to get.

He should thank JD for dragging his feet during the last few months. That probably will make him about an extra 20 million or so.

Not From JD partner.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

You totally ignore the loss of one year of UFA eligibility.

Mahomes, Garrett and McCaffery have all been extended after their 3rd year.  Adams, Watt, White, Lattimore and Humphreys have not. I get the QB but have no idea why the Panthers and the Browns did what they did.  

Bad precedent by every one of those teams except KC I guess, but we'll see if Joe Douglas hops on board that train.  

He'll either sit out the season or he won't.  Simple as that.  (Provided we have one.)  Now either the team's defense carries on without him in a respectable manner and the team wins enough to wear people forget Jamal's gripes.  Or they take weekly embarrassments and Jamal has even more fuel to his fire of his value to the team.  I don't doubt that JD will let that scenario play out if he thinks teams are trying to low ball him on an Adams deal.  Provided he actually wants to deal Adams.  If Jamal does do that I think he's as good as gone though.  Once he makes that disconnect.... JD will move him and just wait for the right opportunity.  Despite whatever he says in the press.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

A lot of people would be gobsmacked and shocked when the jets do not miss him even a little and his replacement if asked to do the same things as he does, does it as well with a lot less mouth time.

I'll be totally fine if he sits out for years.

From what I have seen Owunasor excelled doing essentially Adams role but then struggled a bit as the core MLB. I am pretty much over Adams.

• Upvote 2

Jamal Adams is at best 4th on the list of 2017 draftees who should be barking about their contract.

Deshaun Watson, Marshon Lattimore and T.J. Watt seem to be able to play this year without all the drama.

Dalvin Cook is barking, but he's a RB so I actually can sympathize a bit more.  And then you add in guys like Ryan Ramczyk and Tre'Davious White and it's not like Jamal Adams is the only star player from that class playing on his rookie deal.  Far, far from it.  He's just the loudest whiner in the bunch.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I know you changed your name to trolly mc trollface, but could you at least put some effort in your attempts to post topics you hope will garner you attention?

21 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

You’re forgetting what Adams thinks is kind of important also.

It’s good to be Jamal right now. He knows he’s getting a 9 figure deal, it’s just a question of how soon.

The Jets can bench him for 3 years.  How much is a 28 year old safety who hasn't played in 3 years worth?

You guys have to realize sooner or later all this internet “I’d sit him two or three years” and “he has no leverage” nonsense you post here is meaningless. There’s a reason you’re fans, and not running a billion dollar business, and it’s pretty obvious reading some of you comments that you let your emotions run rampant.

In the real world, you don’t want to sit your best player for a year or two, that’s laughable, and sorry to burst your bubble, but Adams has plenty of leverage.

He’s an extremely valuable asset, and in order to maximize whatever trade value you may want for him, you need him to be happy, and playing at a high level. It does you no good to sit him and let his value depreciate.

If you’re the Jets, and not some angry fan on a message board, and you want to re sign him, you know that with every other new signing, his value will go up.

Douglas missed his chance at signing him to a 15 per deal, that’s over with. He misread the market, and now has to scramble to 

a. Make a trade, when everyone knows he has no leverage because he won’t pay out a new deal.

b. Pay the market rate, which is going through the roof.

c. Dump the whole problem on the coaching staff, and make them and the other players deal with questions and the behavior of an unhappy star who’s either holding out or disrupting everything.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Jets go 1-1 without Jamal, the Safety position not missing a single beat.

Jamall-Pro Stans: THE LEVERRRRRRAGE!!!!

Myles Garrett, a Pass-Rusher, gets 25 million per year

Jamall-Pro Stans: Checkmate haters ?.  Surely the top safety in the league will get 20 mil+ now! LUV!

Everyone else with a sane mind watching the stans worship Jamall-Pro knowing that Douglas didn't misread anything and Jamal still isn't getting that type of money from the Jets:

68F35F09-0845-473B-999F-498808E0E758.gif.b7ec55eb4b05b5b2d2f97c65d1e92ded.gif

RIjDtWf.gif.a9a1ff22a29a08e3a453f7c10a21d8b1.gif

• Sympathy 1

Adams is neither a moron or a genius. Most of this is choreographed by his agent. The agent is coaching him at every turn. While Adams may not be in the strongest bargaining position, the social media antics that is upsetting to the anti Adams crowd actually does give him and his agent a little more leverage than if he had gone about all this quietly.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PepPep said:

What is this news. Sorry if I missed it. Is the cap going up tremendously? 

No.  Long story short Myles Garrett got 25mil per year and somehow the three remaining people defending Adams somehow think this means he's getting paid that type of money.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

You guys have to realize sooner or later all this internet “I’d sit him two or three years” and “he has no leverage” nonsense you post here is meaningless. There’s a reason you’re fans, and not running a billion dollar business, and it’s pretty obvious reading some of you comments that you let your emotions run rampant.

In the real world, you don’t want to sit your best player for a year or two, that’s laughable, and sorry to burst your bubble, but Adams has plenty of leverage.

He’s an extremely valuable asset, and in order to maximize whatever trade value you may want for him, you need him to be happy, and playing at a high level. It does you no good to sit him and let his value depreciate.

If you’re the Jets, and not some angry fan on a message board, and you want to re sign him, you know that with every other new signing, his value will go up.

Douglas missed his chance at signing him to a 15 per deal, that’s over with. He misread the market, and now has to scramble to 

a. Make a trade, when everyone knows he has no leverage because he won’t pay out a new deal.

c. Dump the whole problem on the coaching staff, and make them and the other players deal with questions and the behavior of an unhappy star who’s either holding out or disrupting everything.

You're so full of crap. You have no idea what $$$ were being discussed. Just because Adams said that JD never approached him with an offer. JD does not negotiate contracts in the media or on Twitter. You only hear JA side of things and you lap it up. 

You were smarter as 14 in Green..... time to return to your roots.

27 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No.  Long story short Myles Garrett got 25mil per year and somehow the three remaining people defending Adams somehow think this means he's getting paid that type of money.

So Garrett got a ton of money from the Browns somehow means Jamal will get just as much money from the Jets or another team?? LMFAO

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, PepPep said:

So Garrett got a ton of money from the Browns somehow means Jamal will get just as much money from the Jets or another team?? LMFAO

the last time any of us saw Myles Garrett he was trying to murder Mason Rudolph with the dude's own helmet

Jamal Adams isn't worth 25 mil but he's worth more than he's being paid and Garrett being a non-QB non CmC signing from that draft class does give Adams leverage

because even tho Adams isn't a pass rusher, he's not a proven psychopath either, that's worth something 

social media aside he's as steady an NFL player as you'll find in 2020 

not like Sam "I only play 13 games a season" Darnold 

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

You would think at this point you would understand what everyone here sees a trolling and that you, as much as I like you, are trolling

There isnt a chance in hell that because an EDGE got paid Jamal changes his demands and it has to be considered.  There isnt a chance that JD not paying Jamal 18 mil because now he "has" to pay him 20 mil.  JD doesn't have to do anything, but sit back, Jamal is under contract and hasn't shown for one second that hes willing to sit out and lose not one year, not two years but three years of his Jets existence and pay.  Dont know where you come up with 800,000 but I do believe he is owed 9.8 mil next season on top of that.  Quick math he loses 10, 600, 000.  Plus whatever the Jets tag him for in 2022 and he refuses.  He'll be looking to make up what, $25,000, 000?

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You would think at this point you would understand what everyone here sees a trolling and that you, as much as I like you, are trolling

There isnt a chance in hell that because an EDGE got paid Jamal changes his demands and it has to be considered.  There isnt a chance that JD not paying Jamal 18 mil because now he "has" to pay him 20 mil.  JD doesn't have to do anything, but sit back, Jamal is under contract and hasn't shown for one second that hes willing to sit out and lose not one year, not two years but three years of his Jets existence and pay.  Dont know where you come up with 800,000 but I do believe he is owed 9.8 mil next season on top of that.  Quick math he loses 10, 600, 000.  Plus whatever the Jets tag him for in 2022 and he refuses.  He'll be looking to make up what, $25,000, 000?

He gets about 7 million when he reports to training camp this year. After that all that remains on his 2020 contract is about $850,000.

Why is it that anytime someone disagrees that Adams has no leverage, or is worth $17-20 per year, they’re trolling?

Why is it that if someone defends Adams, they’re trolling?

Why is it if someone thinks the recent signings by the Chiefs, Panthers and Browns point to a changing market, they’re trolling?

Why is it that 95% of this board doesn’t want to see this team’s best player get paid... but they’re not trolls?

Why do they tear the ‘17 1st round pick apart, after becoming the best at his position, yet fall over themselves making excuses for the ‘18 1st round pick, who’s accomplished nothing... but they’re not trolls?

I don’t know those answers nut, but if being on the opposite side of the crowd on those issues makes me a troll, I’m fine with it. I’ve been rooting for this team longer than almost every one of the guys on this board, and I could care less what their “fan tests” are, or if they like my opinions.

I just want to see this team win, and they’re never going to by getting rid of their best players.