Opting out on the Season

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I’ve been a diehard Jet fan since 68. I use to but every Newspaper to catch up on the Jets, my Coudin owned a Deli on LI & we’d read every sports page. 
I use to have Jets Confidential delivered to me up in Massachusetts. I completely understand why Max doesn’t want politics here but professional sports now is awash in it. You can’t get away from it, it’s 24/7 & now that the NFL has said it will introduce a Black Anthem (amazing that is never heard of a black national anthem B4 this year) Before our National Anthem its the final straw. I absolutely loved football but Roger Goodell & BLM has finally put the final nail in the coffin for me. 
Yes, I’m sure they’ll be the GOODBYE, See ya, posts, good riddance, lol, but I’ve truly had it supporting this league. For 20 years I got to watch the Patriots run roughshod over the league, by cheating, Brady taking peanuts & earning money selling water in Gillette stadium, the Kapernick bullsh*t, Adams now being a total a$$hole, I’ve had it, done, moving on. I’m actually shocked by how many fans have done this already, friends who have told me “I stopped watching the NFL years ago”. 
They don’t give too sh*ts about the fans anymore, from owners down to the players. So, my Sundays will be filled with things like working out, biking, boating, and enjoying my life. Part of my enjoyment use to be the NFL, they’ve finally lost me. I get it, I’m just 1 guy but I know in the larger scheme of things, hardcore fans are dropping off like flies. It sickens me how there is nothing left considered sacred as an escape for all of us from the real world bullsh*t. The NFL is like watching Hamilton walk out on Pence. There is no escape. 

No one cares whether you watch the NFL or follow the Jets  Screw the racist undertones of your BS. Go away, you won't be missed by the NFL. or in JetNation. Go find happiness on some alt right circle jerk forum. I am really really tired of racism. No place for it in the modern world.

• Upvote 10
  • Thumb Down 11
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

I don't know how much sports I'm going to watch in general this coming year now that it's all become an extension of politics, which I'm already exhausted with in every other facet of life. That combined with the longer Covid goes on the less I care if sports come back at all, its hard to care about these overpaid children. I mean having Jamal Adams as the daily focal point of our offseason news is only making the apathy intensify.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

What’s funny about your response was I told my wife within 2 minutes of posting this someone who has no idea who I am, what I have done, where I have been, how many people I’ve trained in my job, will just fall back on the one thing that is so easy to do in this whole idiot culture & that’s call me a racist ?. Sorry if I believe BLM is total BS, I’m not alone & many, many African Americans agree with me, they’re just being drowned out & ignored in the media. 

Well if you post racist things don't be surprised if someone points out that they are racist. You statements stand alone without your context of what you think mitigate your racism. There is no other way to read your statements. Please put me on ignore I will certainly put you there.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I’ve been a diehard Jet fan since 68. I use to but every Newspaper to catch up on the Jets, my Coudin owned a Deli on LI & we’d read every sports page. 
I use to have Jets Confidential delivered to me up in Massachusetts. I completely understand why Max doesn’t want politics here but professional sports now is awash in it. You can’t get away from it, it’s 24/7 & now that the NFL has said it will introduce a Black Anthem (amazing that is never heard of a black national anthem B4 this year) Before our National Anthem its the final straw. I absolutely loved football but Roger Goodell & BLM has finally put the final nail in the coffin for me. 

Why quit now and miss your big chance to kneel during the black national anthem?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

No one cares whether you watch the NFL or follow the Jets  Screw the racist undertones of your BS. Go away, you won't be missed by the NFL. or in JetNation. Go find happiness on some alt right circle jerk forum. I am really really tired of racism. No place for it in the modern world.

Unless it’s one sided and you agree with it. 

• Upvote 2

Yes, I’m sure they’ll be the GOODBYE, See ya, posts, good riddance, lol, but I’ve truly had it supporting this league. For 20 years I got to watch the Patriots run roughshod over the league, by cheating, Brady taking peanuts & earning money selling water in Gillette stadium, the Kapernick bullsh*t, Adams now being a total a$$hole, I’ve had it, done, moving on. I’m actually shocked by how many fans have done this already, friends who have told me “I stopped watching the NFL years ago”. 
They don’t give too sh*ts about the fans anymore, from owners down to the players. So, my Sundays will be filled with things like working out, biking, boating, and enjoying my life. Part of my enjoyment use to be the NFL, they’ve finally lost me. I get it, I’m just 1 guy but I know in the larger scheme of things, hardcore fans are dropping off like flies. It sickens me how there is nothing left considered sacred as an escape for all of us from the real world bullsh*t. The NFL is like watching Hamilton walk out on Pence. There is no escape. 

Waaa waaaaaa waaaaa

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

This 100%. I watch movies, listen to music and watch sports to get away from all that BS. 

It’s nice to have that option... some don’t get to escape the “BS” as you call it.

but not surprised coming from a plastic paddy. 

18 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Gladly you friggin reverse racist! This is exactly what’s going on today for ANYONE that speaks out against the mob. So is Terry Crews a racist? He thinks BLM is BS. Marcellus Wiley? Doesn’t he have a Columbia education? Thomas Sowell? Or are they just a bunch of Uncle Toms? 
I’ll gladly walk away & not come back here either. Politics has ruined sports & Jetsnation can’t get away from it by suspending posters. 
It’s just the facts of sports today, you can blame ESPN, I gave up watching them years ago. I hope they go right down the tubes. 

Hey man, I enjoy your posts on here quite a bit. There are a lot of people that agree with you, including myself. But it may be time to stop replying for a couple hours and just walk away for a bit. Really dont want to see you get banned. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

NFL ratings are up for 2 years in a row. https://www.wsj.com/articles/nfl-ratings-increase-for-second-straight-year-11578006629

So the notion that you are "shocked" by how many of your "friends" are tuning out is merely a product of who you choose to associate with. 

Fantasy Football is exploding and betting on NFL games is exploding. The interest in the sport is pretty much at an all time high unless you are a grumpy old white man. I am not even a Kap supporter,I hate players kneeling and I can't stand Adams antics this offseason but tuning out football would be like cutting off my  nose to spite my face. 

I'd say I am sorry to see you go, but I'm not. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1