Opting out on the Season

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What’s fun about that part is that the cast of Hamilton didn’t walk out on Pence at all. This is like my coworker who was *convinced* the Lincoln Memorial had been torn down. The Fox bubble is so thick and real and too many good people are trapped inside. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/us/mike-pence-hamilton.amp.html

Oh trust me, I am well aware of that. My parents have become hooked on it. Hearing the ridiculous sh*t they say is painful for me. I'm embarrassed for them.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Except, BLM isn't an actual organization.  That notion is a creation of an actual political organization and its media arm, who's goals are to maintain status quo and power.

Let me rephrase to appease you. 

BLM Movement.

I understand the dynamics of it not being an actual organization. Unfortunately, the meaning of the movement is no longer what it started as. 

Black lives obviously matter but the movement itself as an entity is currently causing more damage than good at this point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Same can be said for plenty of people in their CNN bubble. 

Anyone who pays attention to any mainstream media is a moron. Right or left. 

I don't disagree. The 24 hour news channels are all poison.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

The song absolutely sucks and belongs in church.
I went to a predominantly black school in Florida and never heard of anyone singing after the pledge anywhere outside of religious schools but good story. 

It’s a long song. I listened to it last week for the first time. I love old hymns but it’s long. I wonder if it will be limited to one stanza and chorus 

55 minutes ago, Jetster said:

There is a difference between a TV being on the channel & watching. Fantasy players are on their sites checking their scores more than actually watching a full football game. The quality of the NFL has seriously declined. Hence the Patriots basically winning the AFC East except for 2 times in 20 years. 

You sure do like long goodbyes...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Damage for whom?

Where to begin..

- Portland Oregon

- Seattle Washington

- Minneapolis Minnesota

- Atlanta Georgia

- Every good cop in America

- Every business burnt down and the families that they supported. 

It's a long list that I dont have time to type out.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

I watch sports to get away from politics and other BS. They have made that impossible now.

"They"  haven't made it impossible.  Your apparent inability to compartmentalize has made it impossible.

Don't try to blame "them".

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Which is ALOT

But it's totally healthy to ignore that. Helpful. Virtuous even.

Who's ignoring it?  Is it impossible to deal with a problem until another problem arbitrarily deemed more important is resolved?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Who's ignoring it?  Is it impossible to deal with a problem until another problem arbitrarily deemed more important is resolved?

Is it possible to not tear apart the fabric of society because you have your eyes laser focused on a smaller problem because the bigger problem is too tough to resolve?

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Let me rephrase to appease you. 

BLM Movement.

I understand the dynamics of it not being an actual organization. Unfortunately, the meaning of the movement is no longer what it started as. 

Black lives obviously matter but the movement itself as an entity is currently causing more damage than good at this point. 

What is the meaning of the movement, and as per whom has it been defined in your eyes?

• Upvote 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

What is the meaning of the movement, and as per whom has it been defined in your eyes?

Well, the meaning has morphed and mutated from anti police brutality to full fledged burning down of the entire system of American society. 

I'm aware that the core sentiment of BLM is to shine a light on police brutality. There arent all that many people that disagree with that. The problem is that BLM has essentially been hijacked from it's own message by anarchists that are hiding behind the banner of BLM. 

And yet most of the people participating in the protests do not understand how they are being exploited by those amongst them with more ulterior motives.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2