Bad news supposedly coming out of Washington eventually

It’s coming out...

The push for the Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to remove the "Redskins" out of the football team's name is the least of Daniel Snyder's problems. Sometime in the next week, the Washington Post is going to release a story with inside scoop on Daniel Snyder's alarming behavior. According to insiders and anonymous Washington Post employees, the article will allege that:
Dan Snyder abuses drugs and alcohol
Snyder paid off refs. Some refs have made $2 million from him. And Snyder is not the only team owner paying off refs. Others do it too.
Snyder and former Redskins coach Jay Gruden, brother of Jon Gruden, pimped out their cheerleaders to season ticket holders while holding their passports from them in a foreign country
Jay Gruden and then Redskins running back Kapri Bibbs were sleeping with the same woman. When Jay found out, he got petty and benched Bibbs. During that game when Bibbs was on the bench, Bibbs' replacement missed a block and that resulted in quarterback Alex Smith suffering a broken leg. Alex hasn't been able to play football ever since
Snyder and Gruden would hold sex parties with rampant drug usage and some sexual assaults
Snyder held nude photoshoots with the the Redskins cheerleaders
Lawyers are already involved, and possibly the FBI”

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

There was a Jahn's on 86th street too.  Is it the Gap now?  It was probably gone for a decade before the one in Forest Hills.  I read an article a couple of years ago that there is still one in Jackson Heights.  FWIW, I think Pastrami King is still there in Kew Gardens.

F*ck Pastrami King (and they are gone, thankfully).  I was a busboy there for a couple of years in 9th and 10th grade when I needed money.  A-holes owned that place.  I heard that when the Kew Gardens court activity died down, so did they.  There's supposedly a spin off Pastrami Queen elsewhere in the boroughs.   Almost everyone (except the waitresses) including the patrons were complete asswipes and treated everyone like sht.  The owners and old-style Jewish Deli guys did everything up front. They were miserable and weren't shy about pointing one of their knives right at you close if they were pissed about something, which was always. The waitresses were middle aged to older blue collar women and they were nice to everyone.  Then there was the kitchen in the back.  My God, the things that happned there.  No English was spoken there.  A stray cat found cooked in the oven.  Truth.  French Fry grease rarely changed... maybe once every 3 or 4 months.  And then there was the famous coleslaw.  Let me tell you about that.  Huge pickle barrells in one of the giant fridges.   New coleslaw was continually dumped on top.  Middle to bottom would sit there for months.  No one ever stirred it up.  Yuck.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

One of my major fears about moving out of the northeast.....the inability to find the good foods that I like. And trust me, there's a lot.....lol

Moved 5 years ago to AZ.  Haven't had a good piece of bread or a decent bagel in 5 years.  Finally found a good pizza place.  They truck in their water from NY.  

Some of the Mexican food is great.  It doesn't make up for the amazingly crappy variety of Chinese food. 

If another waiter who introduces themselves to me at a restaurant asks me if my meal was perfect I'm out of here.  I don't just miss NY food, I miss the waiters  giving me the business.  (Obscure Marty Lyons reference)

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It’s coming out...

The push for the Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to remove the "Redskins" out of the football team's name is the least of Daniel Snyder's problems. Sometime in the next week, the Washington Post is going to release a story with inside scoop on Daniel Snyder's alarming behavior. According to insiders and anonymous Washington Post employees, the article will allege that:
Snyder paid off refs. Some refs have made $2 million from him. And Snyder is not the only team owner paying off refs. Others do it too.
Snyder and former Redskins coach Jay Gruden, brother of Jon Gruden, pimped out their cheerleaders to season ticket holders while holding their passports from them in a foreign country
Jay Gruden and then Redskins running back Kapri Bibbs were sleeping with the same woman. When Jay found out, he got petty and benched Bibbs. During that game when Bibbs was on the bench, Bibbs' replacement missed a block and that resulted in quarterback Alex Smith suffering a broken leg. Alex hasn't been able to play football ever since
Snyder and Gruden would hold sex parties with rampant drug usage and some sexual assaults

Source?

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It’s coming out...

oh my george takai GIF

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Source?

Can’t share. Chalk it up to rumor but shared with me by someone I trust. But the specificity and details make me trust it. Also starting to see main stream news confirming that The Redskins are aggressively hiring legal counsel.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Paying off officials - that's going to be bad for the NFL.  The cheerleader thing sounds like flat out sex trafficking - wonder if any pols are involved given the team's location...

Yeah, this makes me even more concerned that our owners were not able to step it up against guys like Snyder and Bob Kraft in their payment schemes! ?

if bribing the refs can be proven and if other owners or coaches are involved, the NFL will be in deep trouble and will lose a large segment of its fan base for ever.   The NFL will never be the same if it is shown that bribing the refs has been a practice shared by owners.   I might just be done.  PSL holders will sue for every penny back, if true as well.  It's called fraud.

It needs its own thread so I started one.

• Upvote 2

Well - it took me all of three seconds to find the game log of the Redskins/Texans game where Alex Smith got hurt.

Kapri Bibbs played 21% of the offensive snaps that day which (just eyeballing it) was lower than his average snaps per game during the season, but he certainly wasn't benched for that game.

Redskins hiring high powered DC attorney with experience in class action lawsuits.

Looks like a mass exodus of front office people and even the long-time Radio play-by-play guy. Nobody wants to be around when this thing dropped.

Three minority owners trying to sell their stake of ownership in the team.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29474652/sources-washington-team-hires-attorney-review-protocols

Just now, Dcat said:

if bribing the refs can be proven and if other owners or coaches are involved, the NFL will be in deep trouble and will lose a large segment of its fan base for ever.   The NFL will never be the same if it is shown that bribing the refs has been a practice shared by owners.   I might just be done.  PSL holders will sue for every penny back, if true as well.  It's called fraud.

It needs its own thread so I started one.

AC32DA80-B321-432F-8F00-442A43081589.jpeg.9d8ae8d44d0c41d95e12e6ded493cd42.jpeg

?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I'd never move further south.  Way too hot and humid.  

26 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

It is, and usually starts by late April or May. Doesn't even give you a chance to enjoy the Spring weather lol... Move was for my wife though so had to deal with it. I personally wanted her to have a job she bid on in her company which forced me to ask my company to allow me to work remotely for the last 4 years. It's all good, as long as I can get another boat someday soon...  I miss being on the barnegat bay.

The warm weather doesn't bother me too much here in Eastern NC, primarily because of the nice tradeoff:  No snow in the winter.  I'll swap out dealing with shoveling for sweating for a few months.  Lord knows my fat a$$ can afford to shed the weight on a daily basis.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Well - it took me all of three seconds to find the game log of the Redskins/Texans game where Alex Smith got hurt.

Kapri Bibbs played 21% of the offensive snaps that day which (just eyeballing it) was lower than his average snaps per game during the season, but he certainly wasn't benched for that game.

If this bombshell revolves around this guy and Gruden sleeping with the same admin then we’re going to have to redefine bombshells. 

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Didn't Mehta tease a breaking story about the Jets several years ago, and it would up being the profound impact that Michael Jordan had on Jamal Adams?

MJ certainly left Adams with some more narcissistic tendencies.

Too bad the GOAT couldn't help Jamal be much more than a guy who is really good at tackling Running Backs.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The warm weather doesn't bother me too much here in Eastern NC, primarily because of the nice tradeoff:  No snow in the winter.  I'll swap out dealing with shoveling for sweating for a few months.  Lord knows my fat a$$ can afford to shed the weight on a daily basis.

yea, it's rare that is snows over there, but more inland near Chapel Hill, I've gotten 2 storms in back to back years that dumped a foot of snow, and I was like "really" lol... It took me 3 days to shovel out because I sold my snow blower to the guy who bought my house in NJ... 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Dcat said:

F*ck Pastrami King (and they are gone, thankfully).  I was a busboy there for a couple of years in 9th and 10th grade when I needed money.  A-holes owned that place.  I heard that when the Kew Gardens court activity died down, so did they.  There's supposedly a spin off Pastrami Queen elsewhere in the boroughs.   Almost everyone (except the waitresses) including the patrons were complete asswipes and treated everyone like sht.  The owners and old-style Jewish Deli guys did everything up front. They were miserable and weren't shy about pointing one of their knives right at you close if they were pissed about something, which was always. The waitresses were middle aged to older blue collar women and they were nice to everyone.  Then there was the kitchen in the back.  My God, the things that happned there.  No English was spoken there.  A stray cat found cooked in the oven.  Truth.  French Fry grease rarely changed... maybe once every 3 or 4 months.  And then there was the famous coleslaw.  Let me tell you about that.  Huge pickle barrells in one of the giant fridges.   New coleslaw was continually dumped on top.  Middle to bottom would sit there for months.  No one ever stirred it up.  Yuck.  

Ha.  Awesome.  I never actually went there.  Now I am glad.  Used to get rotisserie chicken near it, but for us it was a landmark of where to turn to get to my cousin's house.  

48 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Snyder paid off refs. Some refs have made $2 million from him.  And Snyder is not the only team owner paying off refs. Others do it too.

They must have just pocketed the money and still did their jobs correctly, Shoeless Joe Jackson style.  OR he was just the lowest bidder, lol.

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Ha.  Awesome.  I never actually went there.  Now I am glad.  Used to get rotisserie chicken near it, but for us it was a landmark of where to turn to get to my cousin's house.  

I had relatives that lived on that hill.  You need a chairlift to walk your dog going up that hill.

54 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Worth noting that this was an actual sentenced typed an hour ago and everyone is focused on the part about paying off referees. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They must have just pocketed the money and still did their jobs correctly, Shoeless Joe Jackson style.  OR he was just the lowest bidder, lol.

truth.  Unless he was just shaving points for gambling.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Worth noting that this was an actual sentenced typed an hour ago and everyone is focused on the part about paying off referees. 

yes.  Everything else is reprehensible, criminal and I hope the prosecutors in the counties in question consider charges.  But the ref part is what interests me the most right now.  If true, then will have quite an impact.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That news came out in 2018.  Somehow it was barely talked about.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/sports/redskins-cheerleaders-nfl.html

Washington Redskins Cheerleaders Describe Topless Photo Shoot and Uneasy Night Out

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Redskins hiring high powered DC attorney with experience in class action lawsuits.

Looks like a mass exitus of front office people and even the long-time Radio play-by-play guy. Nobody wants to be around when this thing dropped.

Three minority owners trying to sell their stake of ownership in the team.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29474652/sources-washington-team-hires-attorney-review-protocols

exitus?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That surprises you? 

Holy hell, if you guys had any clue what goes on with NFL or professional sports cheerleaders your minds would be blown. 

Intimate knowledge considering not only was my ex an NFL cheerleader for 4 years but so was my sister for 8 years or so. 

I can tell you some ****ed up jazz about Manning, Vanderjagt, Clark, Vick, and about 10 other players, most out of Indy but a few others as well. 

A topless photoshoot is tame compared to the sh*t I've heard. 

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Moved 5 years ago to AZ.  Haven't had a good piece of bread or a decent bagel in 5 years.  Finally found a good pizza place.  They truck in their water from NY.  

Some of the Mexican food is great.  It doesn't make up for the amazingly crappy variety of Chinese food. 

If another waiter who introduces themselves to me at a restaurant asks me if my meal was perfect I'm out of here.  I don't just miss NY food, I miss the waiters  giving me the business.  (Obscure Marty Lyons reference)