Bad news supposedly coming out of Washington eventually

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah and then I go put a pair of slacks on layaway at Shirt town and catch a matinee at the Benson and a couple of knishes at Hy Tulip.

Mmm... Knishes.  Every time I went back to Brooklyn to visit my grandparents, I had to make my pilgrimage to Mr. Bernstein's grocery store for a hot knish.  That is good living... 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Mmm... Knishes.  Every time I went back to Brooklyn to visit my grandparents, I had to make my pilgrimage to Mr. Bernstein's grocery store for a hot knish.  That is good living... 

Queens Blvd & 67th. Still there in  Forest Hills across from the Hollywood Lanes (not sure if still there) and Jahns Ice Cream Parlor (gone 40 years ago).

knishnosh_julienneschaer_411__large.jpg

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  We need a scandal that gets Woody removed but without costing us a 1st round pick.  Something right in the sweet spot.  

Maybe his boss can do us a solid and make something like that happen?  He has a home in NYC too, after all....

The scandal that's brewing is that J&J bandaids cause excessive conservatism in all children under the age of 15. When word started to surface regarding this heinous action, and calls to cancel his A$$ started to reverberate, all JETS fans looked past the harm this might cause the left's revolution, just to celebrate his ousting...

Just kidding 80... ?

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's so disgusting to me that people only jump ship after the organization gets caught.  Oh, so as long as a scandal was hid in the shadows, you all were cool with collecting that paycheck?  Awesome.

Unless they're involved, it's tough for an outsider to know what someone knew.  Sure, some jobs may see the bad stuff as part of their job, but others might not.  And when they hear it, they leave.  It's not always black and white.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t see how this is much worse than having a head coach who let random dudes jerk off on his wife’s feet in the back of a minivan while he filmed it. 

I needed to wake up to this.  Thank you.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

You guys are killing me with the knish talk. Love 'em. Haven't had a good one in years.

I miss the Pork Roll Egg and Cheese bagels I used to get up north that I have yet to be able to find in NC...

Just now, 68JET11 said:

I miss the Pork Roll Egg and Cheese bagels I used to get up north that I have yet to be able to find in NC...

NJ is the Pork Roll capitol of the world.  At least you have Shrimp & Grits.  That is so good any time of the morning, noon or night, I'm surprised it has not caught on up here...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

One of my major fears about moving out of the northeast.....the inability to find the good foods that I like. And trust me, there's a lot.....lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CTJetsFan said:

One of my major fears about moving out of the northeast.....the inability to find the good foods that I like. And trust me, there's a lot.....lol

It is a fear, and believe me eating is one of my favorite things to do... I like it down here, but the food so far leaves much to be desired.

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Queens Blvd & 67th. Still there in  Forest Hills across from the Hollywood Lanes (not sure if still there) and Jahns Ice Cream Parlor (gone 40 years ago).

knishnosh_julienneschaer_411__large.jpg

Getting hungry now.  Glad it is getting close to lunch.  

They always have these at Stop & Shop by me, but they don't compare to what I was used to in Brooklyn, 

large_86046e4f-7cd3-446e-bf80-006955839e4b.jpeg

4 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Walmart sells the Taylor brand pork roll whole. Since leaving NJ I make my own pork roll/cheese on a kaiser roll or bagel.

Deeeeelicious!!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

It's nice over there. I say over there but I'm just blocks away now, so over here.

Brooklyn potato salad was the best. Crap they sold in NJ was a crime. Whenever I went to visit my aunt I'd buy 3 gallons of the stuff and 2 lbs. Boars Head small bologna. They didn't have that in my area of NJ at the time.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Walmart sells the Taylor brand pork roll whole. Since leaving NJ I make my own pork roll/cheese on a kaiser roll or bagel.

Deeeeelicious!!

yep, that's what I've resorted to as well.... I like it on ciabatta rolls..

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

You guys are killing me with the knish talk. Love 'em. Haven't had a good one in years.

We used to cook them on the grill when tailgating wrap them in foil put in our pockets on cold game days. They kept us warm and were a free warm snack they go well with beer.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I'd never move further south.  Way too hot and humid.  

It is, and usually starts by late April or May. Doesn't even give you a chance to enjoy the Spring weather lol... Move was for my wife though so had to deal with it. I personally wanted her to have a job she bid on in her company which forced me to ask my company to allow me to work remotely for the last 4 years. It's all good, as long as I can get another boat someday soon...  I miss being on the barnegat bay.

Just now, THE BARON said:

Getting hungry now.  Glad it is getting close to lunch.  

They always have these at Stop & Shop by me, but they don't compare to what I was used to in Brooklyn, 

large_86046e4f-7cd3-446e-bf80-006955839e4b.jpeg

Not like what you get in Brooklyn, but Gabila's are pretty damn good...

10 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

It is, and usually starts by late April or May. Doesn't even give you a chance to enjoy the Spring weather lol... Move was for my wife though so had to deal with it. I personally wanted her to have a job she bid on in her company which forced me to ask my company to allow me to work remotely for the last 4 years. It's all good, as long as I can get another boat someday soon...  I miss being on the barnegat bay.

I dig fully... 

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What is a Knish?

Jewish Potato or Potato + Other Stuff Empanada/Pasty/Birdie/Fatayer/Calzone/Samosa, etc.

Knysh.jpg

They're brilliant, as are many of these ethnic friend dough with filling items, but you'll only find good ones where you find a meaningful Jewish population.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Not like what you get in Brooklyn, but Gabila's are pretty damn good...

The ones I used to get as a kid in Brooklyn were fresh and had no preservatives.  Gabila's taste pretty good, but they are still "mass produced" for retail and have preservatives...  I still buy them and have them once in a while, though... 

• Upvote 1