No fans will be allowed at Eagles, Phillies home games

This is bad. Very bad...

without being able to attend games, how will we be able to tell the real fans from the fake ones?!?!

but seriously, this is exactly what I’m expecting. As each day goes on, the more doubt I begin to have. I think a lot ois going to depend on the success or failure of MLB and NBA

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

If it's horrible, Philly has done it

In 98 they put a court and jail under the stadium!  Judge Seamus McCaffery was the judge.  So many fans were getting out of hand they decided to try them in jail them under the stadium.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

This is bad. Very bad...

without being able to attend games, how will we be able to tell the real fans from the fake ones?!?!

but seriously, this is exactly what I’m expecting. As each day goes on, the more doubt I begin to have. I think a lot ois going to depend on the success or failure of MLB and NBA

It's called cardboard cutouts.

• Haha 1

https://nypost.com/2020/07/14/no-fans-will-be-allowed-at-eagles-phillies-home-games/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

Both the Philadelphia Eagles and Phillies won’t be allowed to have fans at home games in 2020, a city official said Tuesday.

“The Eagles are still going to be allowed to play, although without crowds,” Brian Abernathy told the Philadelphia Inquirer. “The Phillies will continue to be allowed to play, although without crowds.”

The city on Tuesday announced that all public events over 50 people that require a permit are prohibited until February because of the coronavirus pandemic. Although NFL games are considered private events, the NFL’s guidelines give local authorities the right to ban spectators from games. As such, city officials can overrule the team if they attempt to allow fans.

The city is confident that the games will be able to be played behind closed doors, however. Health commissioner Thomas Farley said the league’s safety protocols “look pretty good,” and he is optimistic the season will be played.

“I do think that games can be played with the kind of safety precautions that they’re proposing,” Farley said. “I do think that they can have spectators at those games. There’s no way for them to be safe having a crowd there. I can’t say what the plans are for the league, but from a safety perspective, they can play games but not [have] crowds.”

The ban affects college football as well. The annual Army-Navy game is scheduled to be played at Lincoln Financial Field on December 12, while Temple University plays its home games at the stadium. All will be played without fans.

Abernathy, who oversees the city’s operational departments, will resign in the coming weeks due to unrest after the killing of George Floyd, according to the Inquirer.

The ban also excludes private events with fewer than 50 people, though they must adhere to local health guidelines.

MLB is expected to begin its season later this month following a coronavirus-related hiatus while the NFL is slated to begin in September.

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

NASCAR race at Bristol tonight with 30K expected. 

I would love to go to a game being of the belief 90% of this Covid thing is overhyped nonsense, but as of now I dunno if I'm going to watch anything other than a Red Zone stream if my fantasy league even happens. I doubt we'll be allowed at games up here. I honestly don't think I care anymore. First 2 months of Covid I was jonesing for any sport, 2 months later I don't care much at all if I see any this year. I found more productive things to do

7 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I would love to go to a game being of the belief 90% of this Covid thing is overhyped nonsense, but as of now I dunno if I'm going to watch anything other than a Red Zone stream if my fantasy league even happens. I doubt we'll be allowed at games up here. I honestly don't think I care anymore. First 2 months of Covid I was jonesing for any sport, 2 months later I don't care much at all if I see any this year. I found more productive things to do

I really don’t care either, but some sports are going to move forward more so than others.

the thing is the nfl is still mainly driven by the tv and cable broadcasts.  all of the tv timeouts is how the bills get paid.  the fans in the stands are gravy.  like others have said the real losers will be the people who man the food stands and any of the small restaurants near the stadiums.  watching it will be a little different.  the broadcast won't have real crowd noises or be able to show the wave.  but i'm not so sure the crowd noises on televised games are real.  i remember watching the monday night football games with howard cosell and i will bet anything the crowd noise was canned.  at the very least they increased the crowd volume to drum up excitement.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Lil O said:

In 98 they put a court and jail under the stadium!  Judge Seamus McCaffery was the judge.  So many fans were getting out of hand they decided to try them in jail them under the stadium.

Most stadiums have a police office and a holding tank, but this is hilarious, I bet a lot of opposing fans who were making noice for there team ended up in the gallows! LMFAO

3 hours ago, Riggins said:

Most stadiums have a police office and a holding tank, but this is hilarious, I bet a lot of opposing fans who were making noice for there team ended up in the gallows! LMFAO

I am sure you are right.  I think the significance is that the Eagles were the first team to do it. Or at least that’s what I was told when I was working in Philly back in 2003.  Point is I don’t mess with Philly Fans

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

This is bad. Very bad...

Real fans will still send in their season ticket payments or individual game estimated costs, and tell the team to keep the money instead of crediting it towards next season.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lil O said:

I am sure you are right.  I think the significance is that the Eagles were the first team to do it. Or at least that’s what I was told when I was working in Philly back in 2003.  Point is I don’t mess with Philly Fans

It would be interesting to see what other stadiums have, Im sure they all have a police office and holding tank, I used to go on the field at Shea after games, the rule was if you make it on the field they let it go and you hang out on the field and go wherever you want for as long as you want, but if they catch you before you go on the field, you got arrested.

Deferred my 2020 STs yesterday.  Means I won't be going to a Jet game until Sept. 2021.

Hoping by then the stadium will be full and back to the way it should be.  I am not interested in anything else.

The Knicks offer for STHs is you make your first payment by August 17 to hold your seats and then payments deferred until November when they will have a clearer idea of when/if they will have a 2020/2021 season at MSG.

I'm betting they will not.  My mindset right now is preparing on going to no MLB, NFL or NBA games in NY/NJ until 2021.

Strapping myself in mentally.  Painful but I am prepared. 

12 hours ago, Riggins said:

It would be interesting to see what other stadiums have, Im sure they all have a police office and holding tank, I used to go on the field at Shea after games, the rule was if you make it on the field they let it go and you hang out on the field and go wherever you want for as long as you want, but if they catch you before you go on the field, you got arrested.

Love this