Derrick Henry agrees to 4YRs/50 million

1 minute ago, ljr said:

on first look it seems like he's underpaid

Next years FA crop and NFL draft prospects at RB are REALLY good. He got what he could get. Smart move by Henry. Many RBs would be delusional enough to think that if Mahomes is getting 500 million they are worth at least 200 million. Turns out, they are not and the smart ones will take "good" deals like this one. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Next years FA crop and NFL draft prospects at RB are REALLY good. He got what he could get. Smart move by Henry. Many RBs would be delusional enough to think that if Mahomes is getting 500 million they are worth at least 200 million. Turns out, they are not and the smart ones will take "good" deals like this one. 

Exactly when is 27 million guaranteed not enough money to play football for three years? Is there really a huge difference between 27 million and 35 million? What the f*** is wrong with these people!!??

OMG!! 7 houses and 20 cars is not enough! I need 25 cars and 9 houses and two lions!

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Exactly when is 27 million guaranteed not enough money to play football for three years? Is there really a huge difference between 27 million and 35 million? What the f*** is wrong with these people!!??

OMG!! 7 houses and 20 cars is not enough! I need 25 cars and 9 houses and two lions!

Also, those big power backs tend not to last too long.

Get the money while you can, save a bunch, retire in 3-4 years.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

The top safeties are getting 14 ish. I’m guess he wants at least 15 to make him the highest paid one. I think he’ll get around that. 13 to 15. 

He wants to be one of the highest paid defenders in the league.. for whatever that's worth-

I just think it's sucks that this ass clown is taking away from all of the good things that we could be talking about.

I hope he's reading my comments cuz he's a selfish Punk that needs to be bitch slapped. People are suffering right now. Our lives are completely up in the air. I just lost my job, I'm in the middle of selling my house, everything has been put on hold. Last September I injured my back in a car accident, and this guy is complaining that the 16 million he's made in three years isn't enough money?

I can't root for a guy like him anymore..

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

All this money being thrown around with next year's cap number in question makes me wonder wtf is going on.

Upon checking out the details it's really a two-year deal with 25 million guaranteed. The third and fourth year are not guaranteed. The guy was a superstar killing it in the playoffs last year.

5 hours ago, ljr said:

on first look it seems like he's underpaid

He is now the NFL's # 5 highest paid RB.  He obviously couldn't have hoped to eclipse Christian McCaffrey ($16M+ per) or Ezekiel Elliott ($15M per) but I did think he'd get more than David Johnson ($13M per).  A bit surprising.

I guess the Titans were able to convince him that was truly the best they could do, given that they only had a little over $23M in cap space prior to signing Henry.

Perhaps he also recognized this is a good situation for him.  They're a run-first team with an excellent OL, even after having to replace Conklin at RT.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Upon checking out the details it's really a two-year deal with 25 million guaranteed. The third and fourth year are not guaranteed. The guy was a superstar killing it in the playoffs last year.

Even better.  He makes bank for 2 years, then can look to get a decent 3rd contract as well.  He'd be 28 by then.  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

All this money being thrown around with next year's cap number in question makes me wonder wtf is going on.

That most were wrong about next years cap stopping players from getting big deals? 

10 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

He wants to be one of the highest paid defenders in the league.. for whatever that's worth-

I just think it's sucks that this ass clown is taking away from all of the good things that we could be talking about.

I hope he's reading my comments cuz he's a selfish Punk that needs to be bitch slapped. People are suffering right now. Our lives are completely up in the air. I just lost my job, I'm in the middle of selling my house, everything has been put on hold. Last September I injured my back in a car accident, and this guy is complaining that the 16 million he's made in three years isn't enough money?

I can't root for a guy like him anymore..

Best of luck to you...

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Impact player! What a guy!

Jamal Adams has lost his mind and is shaving off his eyebrows and nipples!

Sorry you mad now bro!?

it's all luv...lol

Discuss!!??

There will be an announcement today that there is a new concessions supplier to the Titans stadium.... 

Henry's Consignment LLC.

President & CEO:  Mrs. Derrick Henry

VP of Finance: Derrick Henry Jr. (age 8 )

Distribution Manager: Dominique Henry (age 5 )

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Looks very similar to the LeVeon Bell deal.  And if used properly with a competent o-line, Bell is a more valuable player than Henry, imo  

In the short-term and in a vacuum, yes, I could agree with that.  But since Henry is 24 and Bell is 28, Henry is clearly the more valuable RB.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In the short-term and in a vacuum, yes, I could agree with that.  But since Henry is 24 and Bell is 28, Henry is clearly the more valuable RB.

True. I guess it doesn't really matter because Bell will be gone after this season regardless of what happens on the field.  

• Upvote 1