2020 Season Tickets

My apologies if this has already been discussed, but what are folks doing with their 2020 season tickets? I believe we have until Friday to decide if we want to opt out of 2020 and either apply any payments to date towards 2021 or just get a refund. In either case, it seems it won't affect our standing for 2021 and that we'll retain the same seats.

Can't predict the future, but I know there is lots of talk about no fans or limited capacity seating. What are folks doing? I'm leaning towards sitting out and taking a refund and getting back to it in 2021. I love going to games but I think it's likely (maybe not most likely, but likely) that there will be limitations on in person attendance, etc.

2 hours ago, Cornfed said:

My apologies if this has already been discussed, but what are folks doing with their 2020 season tickets? I believe we have until Friday to decide if we want to opt out of 2020 and either apply any payments to date towards 2021 or just get a refund. In either case, it seems it won't affect our standing for 2021 and that we'll retain the same seats.

Can't predict the future, but I know there is lots of talk about no fans or limited capacity seating. What are folks doing? I'm leaning towards sitting out and taking a refund and getting back to it in 2021. I love going to games but I think it's likely (maybe not most likely, but likely) that there will be limitations on in person attendance, etc.

I am leaning towards the same thing. Was going to keep paying but that is a lot of money and I don't see any way that fans are going to be in attendance. The season isn't that far away and we still can't even eat indoors. Don't see how that gets better during flu season.

5 hours ago, ECURB said:

Where do I need to go to do this with mine?

I received an email from the Jets on June 29 with a link to do this. Not sure if it is personalized (I can look). Go to gmail.com and search "jets psl" and it should be your top search result (...unless you're talking about PSLs a lot in email...)

• Upvote 1

I went with A as well. First year since they've been in NJ - that I'll miss multiple home games in a single season.

I've missed only a handful of games over the 35 years at Meadowlands/Metlife it will be shock to the system come Sept , that is if they even play at all. 

Went with the opt-out for this season. Have already paid in full, so was an easy decision. Have had the tickets for 41 years, so was tough to do, but was the prudent thing. I think any one of us has a better chance of winning Power Ball than there is of there being football this year, especially with fans in attendance.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

I just checked it out, C seems like the way to go:

image.png

Yes, "C" is the way to go unless one is completely against going to any games whatsoever.  With C, you get the option to punt the decision to September or whenever the NFL and the NYJ make their plans completely known.

For myself, a) if NYC area stays in remission, b) if the NYJ have a strict distancing policy, c) if the NYJ have a mandatory mask policy, and d) if the NYJ rearrange seating for 6 feet fore/aft I would very likely keep my seats in the hope that some important Week 14-17 games and perhaps playoffs would happen.  I'm thinking the season will get delayed, and the December/January schedule will become an April/May schedule and things may be very different (God willing) then.

Also to consider:  If the Jets distance the way I think they will need to, you're probably only looking at 10,000 to 15,000 fans per game and that means very few tickets if we make the playoffs.  If remission continues and if MetLife is not a health risk and if the playoffs start in May, I'd hate to have missed the opportunity to secure tickets.  I saw what happened to my fellow section-mates in 2002 when they couldn't go to the playoff game, the only one we'd have for 22 years.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

I went B, why should the JETS operate with my money for a year??

8 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

100 % agree and did the same thing.  If everyone chose option A the Jets would be holding onto millions of dollar of fans money. 

In April I told them to stop the monthly installments and they did.  At the same time, I asked for a refund of the first 3 months payments and they refunded my card immediately.  No way I let them hold any money for a full year and they already had over $1500 from Jan - March.   Now it's good to see that they are letting everyone opt out with zero payments for 2020 and still return next season. Don't be shy about asking for refunds of anything you paid to date for 2020.  They will put it back on your credit card.  They did so for me in April.  Precedent.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I think B or C for me. I think we're supposed to choose by tomorrow. If I'm not going, I'd rather hold on to my own money vs. giving it to the Jets as a zero interest loan from me. C looks like you can kick it down the road just a little more vs. deciding we're out right now.

If I am reading this right, if you need the cash you've already paid now, B is a pretty good choice since it's highly unlikely we'll be able to attend games this season. If you can hold off another few weeks or a month, C now with a likely refund a month for now assuming this plays out like we think it will may be best choice. Seems like that keeps the option to attend this year open just a little longer just in case.

All of this said, I bet if we choose B and games DO happen, we'll be able to get back in. Who is buying my seats right now in these circumstances??

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes, "C" is the way to go unless one is completely against going to any games whatsoever.  With C, you get the option to punt the decision to September or whenever the NFL and the NYJ make their plans completely known.

For myself, a) if NYC area stays in remission, b) if the NYJ have a strict distancing policy, c) if the NYJ have a mandatory mask policy, and d) if the NYJ rearrange seating for 6 feet fore/aft I would very likely keep my seats in the hope that some important Week 14-17 games and perhaps playoffs would happen.  I'm thinking the season will get delayed, and the December/January schedule will become an April/May schedule and things may be very different (God willing) then.

Also to consider:  If the Jets distance the way I think they will need to, you're probably only looking at 10,000 to 15,000 fans per game and that means very few tickets if we make the playoffs.  If remission continues and if MetLife is not a health risk and if the playoffs start in May, I'd hate to have missed the opportunity to secure tickets.  I saw what happened to my fellow section-mates in 2002 when they couldn't go to the playoff game, the only one we'd have for 22 years.

SAR I

what is the risk to picking C?  the  Jets decide to allow fans and you have to buy the tickets?

42 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

what is the risk to picking C?  the  Jets decide to allow fans and you have to buy the tickets?

I think that could be for some folks. Let's say you are curious and interested but then the jets open up at full capacity with inadequate safety protocols. Maybe you're at risk or have an underlying condition and now don't want to go. Now you're stuck unloading the tickets vs never having bought in?

Note that I am totally making that up just to further explore this topic.

My intuition and observation is that the jets seem to be handling this well. I'm picking C.

51 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

I think that could be for some folks. Let's say you are curious and interested but then the jets open up at full capacity with inadequate safety protocols. Maybe you're at risk or have an underlying condition and now don't want to go. Now you're stuck unloading the tickets vs never having bought in?

Note that I am totally making that up just to further explore this topic.

My intuition and observation is that the jets seem to be handling this well. I'm picking C.

A’s and B’s are going to act as a filter for the Jets to tell them of those that are 100% not going near the stadium this season. 

After that, the Jets will have a chance to realistically look at who is left (C’s) and develop a game plan for them.  

I was told that being a C doesn’t commit you to anything.  You can still get a deferral or a full refund once actual plans are released if you’re still uncomfortable.  A and B means you’ve decided.  C means you want more information.   I’m a C for now. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Actually the Jets might have another problem. We as PSL holders have the right to our seat for every Jets home game that is played. If they play without letting us sit in our seats they are violating the license. I spoke to a lawyer about this and he thinks we might have a case. especially as a stadium has a certain life expectancy and a PSL is bought with the expectation of a certain amount of years of use. I don't think they ever imagined a scenario of where they could be playing games at home without fans. so something else to consider and not waive your right to this year. If you do you might be waiving the opportunity to sue

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

A’s and B’s are going to act as a filter for the Jets to tell them of those that are 100% not going near the stadium this season. 

After that, the Jets will have a chance to realistically look at who is left (C’s) and develop a game plan for them.  

I was told that being a C doesn’t commit you to anything.  You can still get a deferral or a full refund once actual plans are released if you’re still uncomfortable.  A and B means you’ve decided.  C means you want more information.   I’m a C for now. 

SAR I

This thread has been super helpful for me. I really appreciate it. Also, this is the first thread on the internet in which you can call someone "a C" and mean it as a compliment....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cornfed said:

This thread has been super helpful for me. I really appreciate it. Also, this is the first thread on the internet in which you can call someone "a C" and mean it as a compliment....

Happy to help, Corn, we go way back :)

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

No risk.  If you stay C and the Jets eventually announce (guessing) that you can only use 2 of your 4 seats or you've been relocated for distancing or you can only attend odd numbered games or whatever, you can back out and get a refund at any time prior to the season opener.

It's only logical since we don't have a clue what a stadium with limited-attendance would look like.  What Friday's deadline does is take the A's and B's out of the equation so the front office knows exactly how many interested fans they have.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i don't think they consider the lowest PSL level to be "high rollers" - so you are out of the running.

It's not my fault the Jets have habitually underpriced the Mezz A corners.  Besides, she's 40 years old and has a few kids. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I took option B.  It pained me to do it.  It either won’t be safe or won’t be fun in my opinion.  

Made my decision easier when a bunch of the people I tailgate with already had said they won't attend.  Won't be much fun without most of my group.  I usually have a hard time finding people to go to games once the weather gets colder anyway so I figured why bother this year.  If the Jets don't do well I can't even give my tickets away some years and I imagine this year will be worse.  Sunday mornings will be different for sure.  Now if my bowling leagues get canceled as well I will be completely lost without the jets, tailgating and bowling.