Players coordinate twitter blitz to question covid measures...uh oh....

AFJF

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You can have concerns, just don't you dare say anything about them. Concerns must be voiced in your soul.

I'm sure they have the ability to voice those concerns to the owners.  You are a smart guy.  What's the reason to share it on social media?  Is it to make sure those concerns or met?  Or to avoid backlash and show it's not their fault in case they aren't?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You can have concerns, just don't you dare say anything about them. Concerns must be voiced in your soul.

You mean it would nothing more than disingenuous posturing? 

I dont think he means it

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm sure they have the ability to voice those concerns to the owners.  You are a smart guy.  What's the reason to share it on social media?  Is it to make sure those concerns or met?  Or to avoid backlash and show it's not their fault in case they aren't?

Exactly, what's the gain to the player who voices his concerns or even says he doesnt know if he wants to risk his health to play?

And anyone who is part of a backlash against players being fearful for their lives needs to have their heads examined.  This shlt is no joke when you get it

I dont want to come off preaching so I'll check out

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

1. They do not. 

2. Thank you.

3. Leverage. 

4. Yes.

5. Possibly.

• Haha 3

There's no reason to feel compassion for either side of this.  I have no issue with any players who feel uncomfortable and choose to opt out for the season.  That's their right and no reason for any ill will there.  However, that's not what's happening here, otherwise that would be the beginning and the end of it.  Rather, it's being used as a negotiating tool by the NFLPA clearly intending on playing, but simply looking to do as little as they think they can for the same pay.

Don't get me wrong, I really would not care all that much if the NFL cancelled preseason entirely, although it would make the start of the season feature even more undoubtedly poor football.  However, the narrative both sides are trying to play up lately is clearly such a steaming pile of crap.  When it comes down to it, all of their jobs on both sides of this have far less real-life importance than the overwhelming majority of people.

• Upvote 1

I usually never feel for the players but in this case I do.  As a parent we always want to protect our kids and in this situation none of us want to give them covid.  Spare me the “well the mortality rate is low” garbage.  We want police and to possibly arm teachers in schools in case of a shooter and the chances of our kids getting Covid are higher.  

The season should be reduced to 10 games and games are played against teams that you can take a bus trip to or short flight.  The Jets have several long road trips this year.  It’s almost impossible to not only quarantine 3200 players and coaches but also pilots, food staff, etc.   

MLB is starting this week and it will be a good test but they aren’t doing long road trips.  They also have protocols in place.  

• Upvote 1

Same group of guys that were vehemently against the CBA so they are doing this to try and blow it up again. These guys get old to be honest. Just stay home, the NFL is not stupid enough to not try and make it as safe as possible. This group does not care about the rank and file NFL player they only care about themselves.

As much as I enjoy watching football truly think there should not be a season until the spread of this virus has been curtailed and under control, just way too much risk for even more spread by playing these games    more spread means a longer time for things to get back to some semblance of normalcy 

The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919.  In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918. It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.

And nothing was shut down..

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Dec. 6, 1918, issue of the Geneseo Republic announced orders from the local Board of Health by the way of Geneseo Mayor Ott. The article stated,” because of the many cases of Spanish Influenza in our midst, it is deemed wise and for the general welfare of the community to issue this proclamation ordering all the churches and schools closed, forbidding all gatherings, entertainments, lodge meetings, social functions, public sales on streets or otherwise. It is also ordered that all places of business in the city excepting the drug stores, the two eating houses and physicians’ offices be closed every evening at 7 o’clock. All pool and billiard tables must be covered and no playing on them allowed. All children of school age must be kept off the streets unless on an errand. All barbers, clerks, waitresses, and those who come in contact with the public are urged to wear masks. All houses with influenza cases should be quarantined and all cases of influenza must be promptly reported, that place cards may be placed on the homes.”

• Upvote 3

And you’re ok with 10 percent of worldwide deaths, USA having a population of 330million give or take that’s 33 million deaths. In today’s mortality rate it’s 1% or there about s that’s still 3.3 million deaths Given those figures NFL or any sporting event should  not be held Until this virus can be brought under control be it with masks  vaccines or eradicated completely. 

3 minutes ago, CSNY said:

And you’re ok with 10 percent of worldwide deaths, USA having a population of 330million give or take that’s 33 million deaths. Given those figures NFL or any sporting event should  not be held 

So deaths are at 10 present now? They are going to school and playing sports in Europe last time I checked.. 

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Mark Andrews TE Baltimore has Diabetes type 1 and has said he will be a role model to the kids who have diabetes and have to go to school. That's his choice and it's heroic but heroism is not common. Not everyone is a hero. 

And if Mark Andrews gets COVID and dies, Goodell and his ilk will say “huh just like Pat Tillman.” It’s gross in theory and disgusting in execution. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, AFJF said:

FTR, I believe somebody gave him a heads up on this and he deleted it almost immediately.  

Just imagine being the dude who coordinated this entire effort to get everyone on the same page to collectively voice concerns via twitter over gathering during covid, and a high profile guy in an outbreak hot spot sends out this tweet.

Hilarious.

Among the dumbest players ever to play in New York.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, CSNY said:

And you’re ok with 10 percent of worldwide deaths, USA having a population of 330million give or take that’s 33 million deaths. In today’s mortality rate it’s 1% or there about s that’s still 3.3 million deaths Given those figures NFL or any sporting event should  not be held Until this virus can be brought under control be it with masks  vaccines or eradicated completely. 

Death rate is around 0.4% with the majority being elderly/ill.

Last I looked, death rate among those under 40  y/o is 0.2%.

Doesn't mean players should be able to choose what they want to do, but 10% is an exagerration if in reality it's 0.2%.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea my guess is the owners are fine with using replacement players knowing that the high profile guys won't be opting out. Only player I think may opt out, and probably should, is Dalvin Cook. Guy is set to make $2m going into the last year of his deal, Vikings should pay him or risk not making the playoffs.

The opt out option certainly gives players a leg up in negotiations, that's for sure.

What if Jamal Adams opts out.  lol.

• WTF? 1

40 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919.  In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918. It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.

1918: Hardened "Can do" people literally building America while wearing masks. 

2020: Whiny bitches watching 24/7 news cycles and tweeting to their echo chambers from their couch. 

What a difference a 100 years makes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Same group of guys that were vehemently against the CBA so they are doing this to try and blow it up again. These guys get old to be honest. Just stay home, the NFL is not stupid enough to not try and make it as safe as possible. This group does not care about the rank and file NFL player they only care about themselves.

Players hate practice. 

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

2020: Whiny bitches watching 24/7 news cycles and tweeting to their echo chambers from their couch. 

A big misconception is that the people in 1918 all wore masks without any issues.  That's far from the truth.  They went through the same nonsense of people not wanting to wear the masks as we are now.  There are idiots in every generation.

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

It’s not a issue of “ whiny bitches” It is a point is that there is no “ can do spirit” at this point in time in USA it’s just a me me spirit. You don’t even have to go back 100 years just go back to WW2 and sacrifice made by the men fighting abroad and sacrifice made by people to help the war effort If things were different attitude wise and were are all rowing the boat in same direction we wouldn’t be in the shape we are in now and we wouldn’t be having this discussion and football and other things that Are enjoyed through out the country can be done safely. 
Don’t want this to devolve into a political discussion so enjoy rest of weekend 

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

A big misconception is that the people in 1918 all wore masks without any issues.  That's far from the truth.  They went through the same nonsense of people not wanting to wear the masks as we are now.  There are idiots in every generation.

5eb58954fc593d6d505c1807?width=700&forma

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The opt out option certainly gives players a leg up in negotiations, that's for sure.

What if Jamal Adams opts out.  lol.

His contract would toll so year 4 and 5 would be fore 2021 and 2022 then we can use the tags. If Jamal opts out he wouldn't be able to come back this season even if traded to Dallas. I think Jets would win in this situation.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Death rate is around 0.4% with the majority being elderly/ill.

Last I looked, death rate among those under 40  y/o is 0.2%.

Doesn't mean players should be able to choose what they want to do, but 10% is an exagerration if in reality it's 0.2%.

AJFJ only used figures that were presented in 1918 

1 minute ago, CSNY said:

It’s not a issue of “ whiny bitches” It is a point is that there is no “ can do spirit” at this point in time in USA it’s just a me me spirit. You don’t even have to go back 100 years just go back to WW2 and sacrifice made by the men fighting abroad and sacrifice made by people to help the war effort If things were different attitude wise and were are all rowing the boat in same direction we wouldn’t be in the shape we are in now and we wouldn’t be having this discussion and football and other things that Are enjoyed through out the country can be done safely. 
Don’t want this to devolve into a political discussion so enjoy rest of weekend 

Not a problem send it to Shane he can post it..:cheers:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1