Players coordinate twitter blitz to question covid measures...uh oh....

AFJF

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

A big misconception is that the people in 1918 all wore masks without any issues.  That's far from the truth.  They went through the same nonsense of people not wanting to wear the masks as we are now.  There are idiots in every generation.

Where in there did I say there weren't any issues? 

There may be idiots in every generation but even factoring in population growth, there have never been more idiots than there are today. 

People back then got sh*t done regardless of a pandemic. Today? People are too busy hiding in their basement. 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Where in there did I say there weren't any issues? 

There may be idiots in every generation but even factoring in population growth, there have never been more idiots than there are today. 

People back then got sh*t done regardless of a pandemic. Today? People are too busy hiding in their basement. 

Warning no political posts..B)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

FTR, I believe somebody gave him a heads up on this and he deleted it almost immediately.  

Just imagine being the dude who coordinated this entire effort to get everyone on the same page to collectively voice concerns via twitter over gathering during covid, and a high profile guy in an outbreak hot spot sends out this tweet.

Hilarious.

Seriously?

Oh and have to admit, I never would have taken the all players in the NFL have united in voicing concerns so Jamal shouldn't be excited about playing football and toe the company line theory.

Thread started off with people complaining players might not show and has some complaining that our player wants to show.

LOL

3 minutes ago, CSNY said:

It’s not a issue of “ whiny bitches” It is a point is that there is no “ can do spirit” at this point in time in USA it’s just a me me spirit. You don’t even have to go back 100 years just go back to WW2 and sacrifice made by the men fighting abroad and sacrifice made by people to help the war effort If things were different attitude wise and were are all rowing the boat in same direction we wouldn’t be in the shape we are in now and we wouldn’t be having this discussion and football and other things that Are enjoyed through out the country can be done safely. 
Don’t want this to devolve into a political discussion so enjoy rest of weekend 

I know, the can do spirit is long gone. That's the point I was making. 

100 years ago, whether you wore a mask or not, people made life happen. Still went out and built the country. Still lived. 

Fast forward to now... different story. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

100 years ago, whether you wore a mask or not, people made life happen. Still went out and built the country. Still lived. 

And 675,000 Americans died, 10x more than died in WWI.  

What's your point?  Are you calling 1918 the "good old days"?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And 675,000 Americans died, 10x more than died in WWI.  

What's your point?  Are you calling 1918 the "good old days"?

Not as simplified as that no.

More highlighting the mentality of modern Americans versus 100 years ago. 

People were far more collectively worried about one another back then as compared to today.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Not as simplified as that no.

More highlighting the mentality of modern Americans versus 100 years ago. 

People were far more collectively worried about one another back then as compared to today.

True..When I grew up neighbors looked out for one another now most people don't even know their neighbors..

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

Curious to see if so many opt out that teams are signing guys at PS level or below as starters.  Could get interesting.

Owners will highlight mortality rate among young and healthy which is which I believe is below 0.3%.

Great news!! All of our players are PS level talent. We have a leg up on others. 

SB or BUST!

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

True..When I grew up neighbors looked out for one another now most people don't even know their neighbors..

Well they THINK they know their neighbor because they liked some of their posts on Facebook or Twitter. Yet they wont even walk next door to help them carry in their groceries. 

I think social media is the worst thing that has ever happened to the human race, and no I am not embellishing that either. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, JTJet said:

Well they THINK they know their neighbor because they liked some of their posts on Facebook or Twitter. Yet they wont even walk next door to help them carry in their groceries. 

I think social media is the worst thing that has ever happened to the human race, and no I am not embellishing that either. 

Amen brother..

• Upvote 2

I don’t think they’re at more risk then a lot of workers who live check to check and have zero medical instead of world class medical 24/7 for free. 

Do what you can to make it as safe as possible and if a player doesn’t want to play just don’t pay him. They have every right not to play and the organization has every right not to pay them. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I said that about reality tv when it first came out and I’ve added social media to it. 

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, JTJet said:

The death of communities was happening long before social media happened.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I don’t think they’re at more risk then a lot of workers who live check to check and have zero medical instead of world class medical 24/7 for free. 

You dont need medical coverage to be treated for COVID-19.  

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I said that about reality tv when it first came out and I’ve added social media to it. 

Yep. 

The problem with social media is that it gives everyone an amplified voice and highlights the worst of humanity. Not everyone actually needs to be heard on every single topic. That's how you end up with sh*t like #cancelbeaniebabies or something else stupid.  

6 hours ago, Jetpain said:

Keep in mind players may opt out like you are stating.  What about the team trainers, equipment guys, and other locker room support staff? Will they have that option or do those people have to risk their health and safety vs. losing what very well may be their dream job that they will never get again ?

I'm thinking no matter the position, if youre afraid for your health, if youre of age or have a condition that makes you at risk whatever they cant make you come to camp and they would have one hell of a lawsuit if they fired you.  Seems to me its a labor issue that no one would dare challenge, like with the players.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Not true.  Public places were closed down and people serving the public were forced to wear a mask.  Life didn't just "go" on.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You don’t need medical coverage to get treat for a heart attack either. The point was prevention and testing. If you think me and you have the same access as them you’re mental. 

Heart attacks are usually a function of years of abuse, genetics doing their work over time and environmental risks.  COVID-19 is something you contract and 2-14 days later your life could be at risk, no matter the treatment.  What prevention are football players privy to?  Special masks or sanitizers?  Analogy of a HA or preventions has no place here

If youre challenging it you are right, you are mental.  You can go to a hospital, any hospital and get tested.  Go to CVS.  Go to any MDS, urgent care center.  Hell, they have a tent set up in the parking lot of my local Home Depot that has free testing.  Testing is testing.  

And treatment for COVID is free, med ins isnt even charging you your co-pay.  Treatment for those who need more than Tylenol?  I was high risk, compromised the treatment was immediate admittence, put a hose in the groin to start pumping in 5 treatments of Remdesivir.  No player would need that.  My wife had it too, was rushed to the ER by ambulance, chest X-rays etc, $9,500 bill, torn up because it was for COVID-19

Listen, I unfortunately have experienced this, please dont tell me I'm mental for having lived that nightmare while youre guessing and doing the rich vs average thing.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If youre challenging it you are right, you are mental.  You can go to a hospital, any hospital and get tested.  Go to CVS.  Go to any MDS, urgent care center.  Hell, they have a tent set up in the parking lot of my local Home Depot that has free testing.  Testing is testing.  

And treatment for COVID is free, med ins isnt even charging you your co-pay.  Treatment for those who need more than Tylenol?  I was high risk, compromised the treatment was immediate admittence, put a hose in the groin to start pumping in 5 treatments of Remdesivir.  No player would need that.  My wife had it too, was rushed to the ER by ambulance, chest X-rays etc, $9,500 bill, torn up because it was for COVID-19

Listen, I unfortunately have experienced this, please dont tell me I'm mental for having lived that nightmare while youre guessing and doing the rich vs average thing.  

If you think your accessibility to medical care is as easy or as good as NFL players you are mental and half the people I know have paid for their test so they didn’t have to waste all day to get it. 

49 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

If you think your accessibility to medical care is as easy or as good as NFL players you are mental and half the people I know have paid for their test so they didn’t have to waste all day to get it. 

When it comes to COVID, yes I do.  You want to give me the miracle drug or service they receive that you won't get.  Go for it, this mental person would like to know what you think you know.  I had a $3K per pop treatment, as high risk patient, 5 of them + 14 days of ICU and emergency care.  The bill was zeroed out, want to tell me what would have been better if I played football?  You are acting like the mental case by talking to someone who knows as if you have any experience other than predetermined brain freeze.  If half the people you know paid for their tests they are either stupid or didnt look hard enough.  

But argue away.  Millionair have it so much better and to think my emergency medical care is as good is MENTAl., LOL