Players coordinate twitter blitz to question covid measures...uh oh....

AFJF

Most of these players are getting their brains scrambled and will be barely able to walk and remember what day it is by the time they hit 50.    If they were really concerned about their health, they simply would walk away from the game and do something else.

NFL football, a game I love and will watch until it's banned should be illegal if health was really an important issue.  It's insane to end the season because of fear of the damage this will do to players.  The NFL does not care a lick about the players health.  The players have opted in to a profession that will damage their lives, shorten their lives and leave them in misery.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

When it comes to COVID, yes I do.  You want to give me the miracle drug or service they receive that you won't get.  Go for it, this mental person would like to know what you think you know.  I had a $3K per pop treatment, as high risk patient, 5 of them + 14 days of ICU and emergency care.  The bill was zeroed out, want to tell me what would have been better if I played football?  You are acting like the mental case by talking to someone who knows as if you have any experience other than predetermined brain freeze.  If half the people you know paid for their tests they are either stupid or didnt look hard enough.  

But argue away.  Millionair have it so much better and to think my emergency medical care is as good is MENTAl., LOL

Yea you have the same quality and access as a professional sports organization that has a full time staff on each team lol. 

46 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Most of these players are getting their brains scrambled and will be barely able to walk and remember what day it is by the time they hit 50.    If they were really concerned about their health, they simply would walk away from the game and do something else.

NFL football, a game I love and will watch until it's banned should be illegal if health was really an important issue.  It's insane to end the season because of fear of the damage this will do to players.  The NFL does not care a lick about the players health.  The players have opted in to a profession that will damage their lives, shorten their lives and leave them in misery.

Their lives.  Not their families' lives.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Yea you have the same quality and access as a professional sports organization that has a full time staff on each team lol. 

Yes I do.

Sorry that you believe there is some super extrodinary COVID-19 treatment available only to some.  Or have you wandered off the COVID-19 talk.  Or do you actually believe that players, part of a sports organization who get COVID are treated by their teams?  You do realize that unless youre compromised youre treatment is Tylenol and 14 days quarantine ?  Sounds more like you just dont know what youre talking about and want to argue.

Its boring

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes I do.

Sorry that you believe there is some super extrodinary COVID-19 treatment available only to some.  Or have you wandered off the COVID-19 talk.  Or do you actually believe that players, part of a sports organization who get COVID are treated by their teams?  You do realize that unless youre compromised youre treatment is Tylenol and 14 days quarantine ?  Sounds more like you just dont know what youre talking about and want to argue.

Its boring

I’m not talking about treatment. I never was. I’m talking about testing and prevention. 

8 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

yeah well, every other league that did that IS CURRENTLY PLAYING.

shut up and get to work you ******* morons.

This

There are cashiers making $7.25 an hour at Walmart risking their lives everyday and these p-ssies are complaining 

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, JTJet said:

Well they THINK they know their neighbor because they liked some of their posts on Facebook or Twitter. Yet they wont even walk next door to help them carry in their groceries. 

I think social media is the worst thing that has ever happened to the human race, and no I am not embellishing that either. 

Social media isn't real life

• Post of the Week 1

The players are trying to get leverage, they see a less play NBA being run by the players and they want that.

What I would say to any player is if you are too scared to play then sit out.  Let the players who want to play go and play and let the whiners stay home.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

It affects real life though. 

I don't think it does for normal people in every day life but it does for the rioting types and that scares corporations, leagues, teams.  This will ultimately destroy sports and our society.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

To be fair playing football is much more likely to transmit the virus than other sports.

They are all young and healthy, this virus is like a cold if they even experience symptoms.  If anyone has an elevated risk then sit out.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, AFJF said:

Death rate is around 0.4% with the majority being elderly/ill.

Last I looked, death rate among those under 40  y/o is 0.2%.

Doesn't mean players shouldn't be able to choose what they want to do, but 10% is an exagerration if in reality it's 0.2%.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I don't think it does for normal people in every day life but it does for the rioting types and that scares corporations, leagues, teams.  This will ultimately destroy sports and our society.

It affects normal people in too many indirect ways to list but  chief amongst them is dividing friends and family. 

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

He said, posting on social media.

Fair, but a message board with a common goal of the Jets is not nearly the same as Facebook and Twitter. 

I could be wrong but nobody has ever lost their job, friends, or been cancelled for something they post here anonymously.

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

And if Mark Andrews gets COVID and dies, Goodell and his ilk will say “huh just like Pat Tillman.” It’s gross in theory and disgusting in execution. 

Yeah totally 

but I could see Andrews putting on a cape and playing superman because he wants to 

not everyone wants to be that guy 

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

They are all young and healthy, this virus is like a cold if they even experience symptoms.  If anyone has an elevated risk then sit out.

Doing anything in the NFL is an elevated risk - as this amazing comment points out 

15 hours ago, Biggs said:

Quoted for truth

More and more states are moving amateur football to the spring.  NY, for example, has a 9/21 start date for HS, but has a backup plan for a season to play from March to May 2021.  I am involved on the youth level, but we speak to our local HS coaches all the time.  They pretty much believe there will NOT be a fall season, but think a shortened spring season is a good bet.  

At the College level, you have both the Ivy and Patriot Leagues pushing their seasons back to the spring.  Locally CNJ and Stony Brook announced they will not play FB this fall w/ spring being possible depending on what their respective conferences decide.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jmat321 said:

More and more states are moving amateur football to the spring.  NY, for example, has a 9/21 start date for HS, but has a backup plan for a season to play from March to May 2021.  I am involved on the youth level, but we speak to our local HS coaches all the time.  They pretty much believe there will NOT be a fall season, but think a shortened spring season is a good bet.  

At the College level, you have both the Ivy and Patriot Leagues pushing their seasons back to the spring.  Locally CNJ and Stony Brook announced they will not play FB this fall w/ spring being possible depending on what their respective conferences decide.  

Completely irrelevant when talking about a professional league. 

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

Completely irrelevant when talking about a professional league. 

Welp what happens when the SEC and/or the Big Ten or at least a few member schools of those conferences follow suit?  Good bet on that happening.  CA seems to be pushing a spring season now, what if the PAC 10 says no football?  I would think that would give the players union some ammo to make drastic changes to the season beyond the no fans and constant testing/isolation.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Welp what happens when the SEC and/or the Big Ten or at least a few member schools of those conferences follow suit?  Good bet on that happening.  CA seems to be pushing a spring season now, what if the PAC 10 says no football?  I would think that would give the players union some ammo to make drastic changes to the season beyond the no fans and constant testing/isolation.

Again, what colleges decide relative to student athletics is 10000% irrelevant do what a private professional sport leuage does.

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Again, what colleges decide relative to student athletics is 10000% irrelevant do what a private professional sport leuage does.

Disagree I think it is completely relevant, more than just "safety" at play for the NFL players union and the major college conferences.  You're looking at decreased revenue, lower salaries, etc.  There is no way you're having fans in NFL or college stadiums right now.  Maybe if things are pushed to the spring at least some fans are a possibility. Revenue still takes a hit, but not to the extent we are looking at now.  Just thinking outside the box a little bit.  

1 minute ago, jmat321 said:

Disagree I think it is completely relevant, more than just "safety" at play for the NFL players union and the major college conferences.  You're looking at decreased revenue, lower salaries, etc.  There is no way you're having fans in NFL or college stadiums right now.  Maybe if things are pushed to the spring at least some fans are a possibility. Revenue still takes a hit, but not to the extent we are looking at now.  Just thinking outside the box a little bit.  

There is no way college football is happening. There is a 99% chance of NFL football happening.