No fans in stadium for 2020

12 minutes ago, nico002 said:

“Will play”

season confirmed 

also, nothing there regarding the entire 2020 season having no fans 

I'm actually less worried about fans at the stadium and more concerned about player safety allowing for rosters to not get ravaged by outbreaks.  I thought for sure the NFL would take the lead on doing it the right way with a secure bubble, full N95 facemasks, fines, testing, etc. and I'm seeing the exact opposite.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Notice which logo is on the left (i.e. listed first in the "reads left to right" western world.) :-k

Notice which team name is listed first throughout.  :-k

Noticed that as well.  Looks like it depends on where you got it.  Jets site had it flipped with themselves first.

Edited by AFJF
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It’s the right thing to do.  If the situation improves they can always announce ticket availability in the future.  

Besides, the anti-masker vs. masker confrontations would have split the fanbase.  Best we just watch on TV for awhile. 

SAR I

We get to eat pretzels and sit on our couches.  Will be odd.  

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Nobody knows what the right way is.

Agreed, but one would think that the NFL has distinct advantages that could give them a big advantage over all the other major sports:

1.  Only 1 game per week.

2.  Helmets and face protection already part of the sport.

Quarantine bubble and N95 headgear and they'd have a great shot at getting a whole season in.  I can't believe they aren't going in either direction and instead having player union issues over lack of a plan.  Linemen spitting in each other's faces for 3 hours and then supposed to go home to the wife and kids?  Makes no sense.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

We get to eat pretzels and sit on our couches.  Will be odd.  

It's sort of like road games.  But when we're home.  It's going to feel really strange.  I hope they pump some crowd noise in.  Watching Yanks/Mets the other day was weak. 

SAR I

Whole thing just sucks.  Period.  Unfortunately between worrying whether my kids will be allowed to go back to school and this nightmare political climate I just can't muster much care one way or the other on whether fans will be in stands or even if games will be played at all.  What will not be remotely fair is if a season is played with fans in some stadiums and none in others and the impact on the competitive landscape that would result. 

Democrat states no fans no home field.  Republican states home field advantage regardless of how bad they are being hit by this virus.  Gambling will be interesting as well with home field usually worth 3 points.  Hoping for some kind of health improvement so that I can start to get excited about sports again.  Season tickets for 30 years tough habit to break!

• Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It’s the right thing to do.  If the situation improves they can always announce ticket availability in the future.  

Besides, the anti-masker vs. masker confrontations would have split the fanbase.  Best we just watch on TV for awhile. 

SAR I

Agreed just wondering how much I even really care about this (NFL Football) anymore. I don’t think I’ll know for sure until I try watching it 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1