Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JetNation

MetLifeless: No Fans to Attend Jets or Giants Games in 2020

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Go walk maskless into a covid floor

yet another covid thread destined for a lock...so before it does I'll contribute.   I have both kids and parents so I tune out the news and focus on the actual data.  I happen live in VA which publishes data daily related to the covid.  

VA has about 9.5 million people.  We have both high density population and rural counties and are fairly representative of the US as a whole.   So far we have 2,467 deaths from the covid.  1,829 (74%) were over 70 years old, 1,325 of which were in nursing homes.  91 were under 50, 4 were under 30, and 0 under 20 years old.   

To put those #'s in perspective, in the 2018-19 Flu season VA has 4,395 deaths associated with the flu 6 of which were kids (which scares me as a parent).   In 2019 we had no masks, no fear, and a vaccine yet we had almost 2x the deaths and we had kids dying.   My mom is 70 years old so if she were to get the covid she would probably have around a 8% chance of dying.   That personally scares me but it's still a 92% chance of survival for a 70 year old, so it's really up to each person if they are glass half empty or half full.   

I get that the Jets and Giants don't play in Virginia and I'm not picking a side, just pointing to the actual data which can all be found on the VA Dept of Health Website.   Maybe NJ is dramatically different.   

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

If my underwear and pants can’t stop my fart from stinking up a room then how does a mask stop a virus? 🧐 

This is just stupid.  A properly fitted surgical mask, changed at regular intervals, with sterilized hands, and no touching of said mask certainly will restrict the spread of the disease for symptomatic people.  
 

that dirty rag that people pull out of their pockets to go to Whole Foods, not so much.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...