MetLifeless: No Fans to Attend Jets or Giants Games in 2020

47 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

As has been said thousands of times, COVID-19 and influenza are two different viruses.  COVID-19 is not now, or will ever be, influenza.  Additionally, the problem we have with COVID-19 which differentiates it from other coronaviruses like the common cold is that it is a NOVEL coronavirus which first appeared in China this past Winter.  This means that we don't have any natural/derived immunity and that we don't know exactly how it acts in the body.

And its been repeated millions times, AD NAUSEAM,  Covid 19 is from the same family of viruses. It's not the same every year, that's why they call it mutation and use the year at the end. Follow the science,  remember  ...

Can you do everyone a favor 

Tell us the overall mortality rate 

The mortality rate among ppl under 65 with no comorbidities 

And ppl with comorbidities/ comorbidities and over 65

Then compare that to the past year, and 10 years.

You're going to find out the media is lying to you, like they always do....

• Upvote 1

Calling covid 19 not the same as the flu is trying to imply the jets are literally not a football team anymore because they switched to a 43 defense 

Also, the flu has a medical jargon.  Its been called Coronavirus since the 70s... they are just now using medical jargon to make it sound more " unfamiliar and scary"

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenPower said:

Covid 19 is from the same family of viruses. It's not the same every year, that's why they call it mutation and use the year at the end. 

And we know why..LOL

6 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

There’s a whole club for comments like yours  

My response to your crap probably belongs there as well but spare me this suicide crap.  You’re basically saying people should sacrifice their health for people who are depressed.  I don’t want to see people commit suicide but if we are going to look at is how you do at least they aren’t overloading the hospitals and burdening our healthcare workers.  Suicides also won’t infect numerous people like Covid can do.  

Nobody is sacrificing their health buddy. Turn off CNN,  Go for a walk... you'll feel better 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

4 hours ago, JoshAllenPower said:

And its been repeated millions times, AD NAUSEAM,  Covid 19 is from the same family of viruses. It's not the same every year, that's why they call it mutation and use the year at the end. Follow the science,  remember  ...

IFR or under 55 is flu like, that seems true.  However its orders of magnitude more deadly for older folks.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Go walk maskless into a covid floor

yet another covid thread destined for a lock...so before it does I'll contribute.   I have both kids and parents so I tune out the news and focus on the actual data.  I happen live in VA which publishes data daily related to the covid.  

VA has about 9.5 million people.  We have both high density population and rural counties and are fairly representative of the US as a whole.   So far we have 2,467 deaths from the covid.  1,829 (74%) were over 70 years old, 1,325 of which were in nursing homes.  91 were under 50, 4 were under 30, and 0 under 20 years old.   

To put those #'s in perspective, in the 2018-19 Flu season VA has 4,395 deaths associated with the flu 6 of which were kids (which scares me as a parent).   In 2019 we had no masks, no fear, and a vaccine yet we had almost 2x the deaths and we had kids dying.   My mom is 70 years old so if she were to get the covid she would probably have around a 8% chance of dying.   That personally scares me but it's still a 92% chance of survival for a 70 year old, so it's really up to each person if they are glass half empty or half full.   

I get that the Jets and Giants don't play in Virginia and I'm not picking a side, just pointing to the actual data which can all be found on the VA Dept of Health Website.   Maybe NJ is dramatically different.   

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, JoshAllenPower said:

And its been repeated millions times, AD NAUSEAM,  Covid 19 is from the same family of viruses.

Huh?  Given that you don't trust the media and go to primary sources - can you educate me and give me a link that shows me this?

4 minutes ago, thshadow said:

I looked up influenza:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza

No mention at all of coronavirus or covid.  So I'm confused.  Where did you discover the relationship?  You said it's repeated ad nauseum, so surely you can point me to a single reference.  And qanon doesn't count...

Not sure what qanon is... 

I'm not doing your homework.  You dont answer a question with another question 

So I'll make a deal

You 1st give me the mortality rates among the demographics I asked, and then I'll answer your question 

8 minutes ago, thshadow said:

I looked up influenza:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza

No mention at all of coronavirus or covid.  So I'm confused.  Where did you discover the relationship?  You said it's repeated ad nauseum, so surely you can point me to a single reference.  And qanon doesn't count...

I also said look up " Coronavirus ". Not influenza.  Influenza is a subset of the coronavirus family...

Again this has been known for decades sir

21 minutes ago, thshadow said:

It seems that 176,000 dead *while completely shutting down the country* is pretty f'n serious...  Let me know next time there's any disease that kills 200,000 Americans with most people isolated in their homes for months on end.

The flu and cold kill this amount every year... its called getting the flu with cancer or diabetes or etc or being older with the flu and cancer, and diabetes....

Again give the mortality rates fir the demographics I requested 

Its plain as day 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, JoshAllenPower said:

The flu and cold kill this amount every year... its called getting the flu with cancer or diabetes or etc or being older with the flu and cancer, and diabetes....

Again give the mortality rates fir the demographics I requested 

Its plain as day 

Which recent flu season had these many deaths?

I don’t know about you guys, but I think this Bill’s fan has our best interest in mind— and if he says it’s safe we should believe him. 

The doctors, nurse-practitioners, and healthcare workers ON THIS SITE who have seen what this virus is capable of—not to mention Jets posters with first-hand experiences — probably never heard of flu season and should just eat some soup. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I don’t know about you guys, but I think this Bill’s fan has our best interest in mind— and if he says it’s safe we should believe him. 

The doctors, nurse-practitioners, and healthcare workers ON THIS SITE who have seen what this virus is capable of—not to mention Jets posters with first-hand experiences — probably never heard of flu season and should just eat some soup. 

My doctor at the va said I'll be fine... i  have type 2 diabetes...strangely the drs in the sec disagree with the drs in the big ten. 

In fact the va told me to do everything I do during flu season,  BECAUSE ITS THE FLU...

I Also didn't see the hospital overrun at the va or civilian hospital 

Kinda weird huh

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Can those drs please give the mortality rates among the demographics I requested 

I'm still waiting 

7 hours ago, munchmemory said:

As has been said thousands of times, COVID-19 and influenza are two different viruses.  COVID-19 is not now, or will ever be, influenza.  Additionally, the problem we have with COVID-19 which differentiates it from other coronaviruses like the common cold is that it is a NOVEL coronavirus which first appeared in China this past Winter.  This means that we don't have any natural/derived immunity and that we don't know exactly how it acts in the body.

Flu is a subset virus from the coronavirus family. 

Can you please give me the mortality rates among the demographics I requested