No fans at metlife

It’s disappointing but I expected this and opted out last week.  I’ve been able to accept my life being different but the no attending games and tailgating is going to be tough.  I turn 40 this weekend.  In 1988 my father put me on the waiting list for tickets and I got them in 1991 when I was 11 years old.  This was going to be our 30th season.  Basically all I’ve known in the fall since the 6th grade is Jets games on the weekends.  

I believe 500 fans are still allowed in (I could be wrong).  That’s like 4 fans per section. They should sell those and give the money to charity.

I hope and pray that we can all be back in 2021.  I’ve always been tempted to buy a tailgate vehicle.   Maybe now is the time to do it. Lol

I hope we can return in 2021.  If so I probably won’t be able to sleep the night before the home opener and be waiting outside at 4 AM for the gates to open. 

Wondering if any other season ticket holders feel the same way as me.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Sadly it's not surprising. Everyone is playing it extra safe. It will be weird watching the game with no fans and canned cheers. Will there still be a home field advantage ?

If a team still has to travel a distance it still has an impact.  Having to travel to the west coast  will still be a challenge.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If anyone wants me to recreate the game day experience for you, for a wee $400 I will come to your house, curse in front of your children, give you a rubber pretzel and warm Bud Light, then fistfight with you every time you try to go to the bathroom.

I think $400 is a bargain to Punch T0mShane. Group discount ?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If anyone wants me to recreate the game day experience for you, for a wee $400 I will come to your house, curse in front of your children, give you a rubber pretzel and warm Bud Light, then fistfight with you every time you try to go to the bathroom.

Sounds like my old Irish family gatherings..

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

400!! That's a steal

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Ok, but you have to wear an Adams jersey

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/20/sports/football/20fans.html

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

So we had another thread on this and it was made it political. That one is locked anyone who wants to discuss not being at games this year please do so.

We have a separate club set up for covid, it is opt in. If you want to talk about covid do it there this thread is about fans not being at the game we don't want to hear partisan politics.

I want to opt in to the COVID Club. 

Edit - Never mind. I see how to do it now. Thanks. 

I'm for no fans. But the NJ state gov said 500 is ok. So why not do a lottery and choose 500 season ticket holders all spaced out to watch the games in person. I guess probably they won't do it for legal reasons unless they force you to sign a statement.