No fans at metlife

11 hours ago, Dcat said:

Is all that before or after you piss on my BMW?

classic

side note does anyone else see this as a legitimate advantage for the Jets? 

hear me out

it isn't Arrowhead. Many ticket holders sell out to opposing fans, there's a certain amount of corporate owners who are secret Giants fans Dolphins fans etc NY is a global city and there's a  long tradition of boo's and leaving early to beat the traffic

Jets fans sit there with high expectations and when they fall behind the crowd turns on them. This isn't how it is when the Ravens play or other southern style stadiums. At any given moment half the Jets crowd just wants the coach/GM fired. 

in this scenario at least they can pipe in helpful crowd noise or whatever on defense more reliably than the "80000" at met life will actually deliver

the speakers won't go home early 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Sadly it's not surprising. Everyone is playing it extra safe. It will be weird watching the game with no fans and canned cheers. Will there still be a home field advantage ?

Wondering if we'll get canned boobirds when we play like sh**.   Or opposing cheers for visiting teams that would normally have fans invading the stadium.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

classic

side note does anyone else see this as a legitimate advantage for the Jets? 

hear me out

it isn't Arrowhead. Many ticket holders sell out to opposing fans, there's a certain amount of corporate owners who are secret Giants fans Dolphins fans etc NY is a global city and there's a  long tradition of boo's and leaving early to beat the traffic

Jets fans sit there with high expectations and when they fall behind the crowd turns on them. This isn't how it is when the Ravens play or other southern style stadiums. At any given moment half the Jets crowd just wants the coach/GM fired. 

in this scenario at least they can pipe in helpful crowd noise or whatever on defense more reliably than the "80000" at met life will actually deliver

the speakers won't go home early 

You should have heard the Jets fans Week 16 2015 as we beat the Patriots in OT.  You should have heard the Jets fans Week 13 2015 when we were the road team and beat the Giants in OT.

Jets fans are fairweather cheapskates.  When they show up, they're crazy loud, as powerful as any other NFL stadium.  When they don't show up, crickets.  When they drink too much, urine.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If anyone wants me to recreate the game day experience for you, for a wee $400 I will come to your house, curse in front of your children, give you a rubber pretzel and warm Bud Light, then fistfight with you every time you try to go to the bathroom.

That sounds like heaven. I'll give you 500.

• Haha 2

I haven't been shy about my opinion for the diva types. But as far as The Underdogs and the young bright-eyed dudes that are realizing their dreams for the first time in the NFL, covid-19 sucks a dick! From the heart I feel sorry for those guys. They worked their balls off for years.

Kinda like when Hootie and the Blowfish signed a terrible contract and had the biggest hit song in America. Went on tour for two years and when all was said and done, they earned like 30 grand a piece.

Homer Simpson style..

DOH!!!!

They have to do a massive Zoom thing live and pump it into the stadium. Fake crowd noise ain't going to cut the mustard. We actually have to see each other and be able to interact and laugh and enjoy the game.

Hell it might even be better than it used to be!? People pounding ribs, beers and nachos and yelling at their kids! Showing off their true fan man caves kicking their feet up!? Lol

Yo this s*** ain't over yet. We all need each other to make this work. Us as fans, the players, coaches, owners TV Etc. Everybody's hurting from this. I say f*** it let's go out with a bang!

48 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

They have to do a massive Zoom thing live and pump it into the stadium. Fake crowd noise ain't going to cut the mustard. We actually have to see each other and be able to interact and laugh and enjoy the game.

SARZOOM.jpg

PM for details.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

On 7/20/2020 at 11:25 PM, T0mShane said:

If anyone wants me to recreate the game day experience for you, for a wee $400 I will come to your house, curse in front of your children, give you a rubber pretzel and warm Bud Light, then fistfight with you every time you try to go to the bathroom.

Hey look everyone Tom has found a new way to try and make $400 a week. His search to bring in more hooker money knows no end.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

We should try some kind of Zoom or similar thing for the first game. Maybe even for a tailgate. It will likely be weird and maybe a dumpster fire, but also might be fun.

Actually I Hope to have a video option worked out by then for the site.

• Upvote 2

On 7/21/2020 at 12:02 AM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

It’s disappointing but I expected this and opted out last week.  I’ve been able to accept my life being different but the no attending games and tailgating is going to be tough.  I turn 40 this weekend.  In 1988 my father put me on the waiting list for tickets and I got them in 1991 when I was 11 years old.  This was going to be our 30th season.  Basically all I’ve known in the fall since the 6th grade is Jets games on the weekends.  

I believe 500 fans are still allowed in (I could be wrong).  That’s like 4 fans per section. They should sell those and give the money to charity.

I hope and pray that we can all be back in 2021.  I’ve always been tempted to buy a tailgate vehicle.   Maybe now is the time to do it. Lol

I hope we can return in 2021.  If so I probably won’t be able to sleep the night before the home opener and be waiting outside at 4 AM for the gates to open. 

Wondering if any other season ticket holders feel the same way as me.  

I don't own tickets but I completely feel for you man. Definitely now would be a good time to buy a mini bus and get to work on it. Better days ahead dude. Every night blooms into a sunrise-

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Actually I Hope to have a video option worked out by then for the site.

Hey man that would be a really great thing. If there's anything I can do to help let me know?

This whole pandemic and lockdown thing has been surreal. Fact is the players are as unsure as we are. We all need each other.

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Bugg said:

You  will pay the Jets for the right to provide crowd noise, correct?  Shouldn't they pay you for your labor? 

Anything I can do to help the team, I'm in.  So, no, not looking for payment from the team.  I'm looking for payment from the fans.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Murphy is a New England Patriots fan – “please don’t hold that against me I was born in Boston” he jokes. But allegiances aside, he is optimistic that the Jets are set for an upswing, especially after his favorite team lost quarterback Tom Brady this offseason.

There is reason for optimism about the Jets, Murphy said, when asked about the Patriots rival.

“I do, I do. That’s not to say that I have to check my allegiances at the door – but I do. I think they have a good coach,” Murphy told SportsIllustrated.com.

“I think they have terrific ownership. I like their coach. They have very good, particularly young talent. They’ve done smart things a first-rate teammate he may be a little bit on the backside of his career, they bring in [Frank] Gore as a running back. They’ve done smart veteran moves. We’ll see both I think that both teams are better this year than last year.”

SAR I

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

You should have heard the Jets fans Week 16 2015 as we beat the Patriots in OT.  You should have heard the Jets fans Week 13 2015 when we were the road team and beat the Giants in OT.

Jets fans are fairweather cheapskates.  When they show up, they're crazy loud, as powerful as any other NFL stadium.  When they don't show up, crickets.  When they drink too much, urine.

SAR I

we actually agree that there CAN be a home field advantage and recently it has been better than they deserve but it's always conditional

anyone who's sat in that stadium knows they are either going to win the game or there's going to a moment where the entire crowd karmic-ly turns on the team

it reminds me of Cubs and that dude who dropped the foul ball. Meanwhile I've been to many other stadiums as an away fan where most of the crowd cheer like they expect a win even down by 10.  

Jets home crowd can be amazing. It's not reliable.  I think we agree on that. It's hard to predict what crowd is going to show up, week to week. 

• Upvote 1

I don't get how the league can allow some teams to have fans while other teams are being prohibited by local gov't. I know.....it's all about generating as much revue (ticket sales) as they are allowed to to offset the losses.....even if some teams get zero. Total BS

• Upvote 1