If I Told You The Jets Were Going To Open 5-0 Would You Call Me Crazy?

SAR I

The Jets ranked 31st of 32 teams in players drafted from 2015 to 2018 that are still in the NFL, according to a study by salary-cap-research website Over the Cap. Two of Maccagnan’s three second-round picks—wide receiver Devin Smith and quarterback Christian Hackenberg—washed out of the NFL by 2018, an astonishing figure considering over 90 percent of second-rounders taken since 2015 are still in the league.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Dcat said:

The Jets will be 0-9 after week 9.  The Colts, Broncos, Cardinals, Chargers, Bills, Chiefs and Patriots will ALL defeat the Jets leaving us at 0-9 when Gase flies his team into Miami.   Small chance of winning a game when we play the Dolphins in game 10, but nothing certain.

Nothing would be more appropriate than firing Gase after he loses to Miami in week 10.

double digit losses -----> instant firing!

ih he gets axed in-season... it'll be after denver or 1st miami game...  inmho

19 hours ago, Dcat said:

The Jets will be 0-9 after week 9.  The Colts, Broncos, Cardinals, Chargers, Bills, Chiefs and Patriots will ALL defeat the Jets leaving us at 0-9 when Gase flies his team into Miami.   Small chance of winning a game when we play the Dolphins in game 10, but nothing certain.

Nothing would be more appropriate than firing Gase after he loses to Miami in week 10.

double digit losses -----> instant firing!

So if you are in a knockout pool...

4 hours ago, jgb said:

If SAR is ever right about something the gloating will be unprecedented despite the fact that he’s been 100% wrong about everything for years

No doubt!  Something along these lines...

"Unlike you guys, I'm able to see the bigger picture.  That's why I own 3 BMWs and you don't".

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

I gotta commend @SAR I for taking on the whole board for trolly blood sport.

Peak top notch internetz.

Gase is still a trash bin and I can't wait until his undeniable ego causes his head to explode in a old faithful style aneurism.

But I like how Sar I has steered into the swerve. 

salute GIF

100%

SAR and his steadfast loyalty is to be admired. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No doubt!  Something along these lines...

"Unlike you guys, I'm able to see the bigger picture.  That's why I own 3 BMWs and you don't".

The season's not overrrrrr you should watch what you sayyyyy.

The Bills and Patriots are 2-3 skill position injuries away each from being overtaken once we get healthy.

SAR I

Although everyone knows SAR is properly out of his mind, I also feel that posters are overreacting to the Jets right now? All the, "the sky is falling" posters are claiming the Jets won't win a game until like week 11 or something stupid like that. That's just silly.

I still very firmly believe the Jets are a 4 to 6 win team all things considered.

Their best chance IMO to win a game in their first 5 is Denver in two weeks. I think the Jets have a good chance to win that game. I believe they'll be 1-4 after 5 games.

I said before the season that they'd be 2-3 through 5. So I'm off but only just a little.

And honestly I think just about everyone, including SAR, needs to step back from the ledge. The Jets are a bad team but most of us already knew that. However, they are NOT as bad as a lot of the doomsayers are claiming.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I really think JD is playing a long game here and is prepared to take a Trevor Lawrence.  I think we will end up with number 1 pick in this draft and he will find a taker for Darnold to get more picks for this draft or future draft picks.    Then he will have HIS quarterback and we can finally say the Mac Era is over.  

sign me up!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Bills and Patriots are 2-3 skill position injuries away each from being overtaken once we get healthy.

SAR I

What you wrote is one of the most insane and idiotic things I've ever read.  At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.  Everyone on this thread is now dumber for having read it.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

What you wrote is one of the most insane and idiotic things I've ever read.  At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.  Everyone on this thread is now dumber for having read it.

I have it on good authority that SAR doesn't care what you have to say.

SAR I

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So I guess the Niners were 9 starters away from us overtaking since they only lost 8 and smashed us

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, jgb said:

So I guess the Niners were 9 starters away from us overtaking since they only lost 8 and smashed us

If we were 100% healthy, we are 2-0 right now.  Josh Allen was just begging us to take that game, and the Niners were completely depleted by the second quarter.

It's a damn shame.  We'd be the talk of the NFL right now in a good way, not bad.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If we were 100% healthy, we are 2-0 right now.  Josh Allen was just begging us to take that game, and the Niners were completely depleted by the second quarter.

It's a damn shame.  We'd be the talk of the NFL right now in a good way, not bad.

SAR I

Mental wins for the win!

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

What you wrote is one of the most insane and idiotic things I've ever read.  At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.  Everyone on this thread is now dumber for having read it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

What you wrote is one of the most insane and idiotic things I've ever read.  At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.  Everyone on this thread is now dumber for having read it.

I don't mind having you as a groupie, BettyBoob, makes me feel special.  Just need a favor-  if you're going to send me nudes, please PM me so we can discuss poses I find most titilating. 

SAR I

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

SORE I just conferred with SORE I and they both agree that posts by SORE I are among the best satirical posts out there except for those, of course, by SORE I.

I now understand why SORE I has three cars!

7 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

SORE I just conferred with SORE I and they both agree that posts by SORE I are among the best satirical posts out there except for those, of course, by SORE I.

I now understand why SORE I has three cars!

I know you're shooting for a personal attack here with this SORE I thing, but it's so absolutely lame that you're missing the mark. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I know you're shooting for a personal attack here with this SORE I thing, but it's so absolutely lame that you're missing the mark. 

You would think that she would confer with one of the funniest Hollywood actors for some material, I mean, he's here all the time and just a PM away.

SAR I

On 9/25/2020 at 3:25 AM, Losmeister said:

The Jets ranked 31st of 32 teams in players drafted from 2015 to 2018 that are still in the NFL, according to a study by salary-cap-research website Over the Cap. Two of Maccagnan’s three second-round picks—wide receiver Devin Smith and quarterback Christian Hackenberg—washed out of the NFL by 2018, an astonishing figure considering over 90 percent of second-rounders taken since 2015 are still in the league.

Was looking back at the 2015 draft.  I don't think it was a great draft that year overall (not just for the Jets).  The one thing it might be known as though is the "Shaq draft":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NFL_Draft

image.png.16dba27ad400137d08d18e07b4f5941f.pngimage.png.2e054bcadef74a18e95754138c8873b8.pngimage.png.b0e65138cf9a98183f61f770f20e7867.png

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So by your own admission, the Niners were completely depleted by the second quarter, and yet the Jets still got blown out... and thus should be 2-0? 

That's some goooooooooood homer juice you're drinking.

"Well If we'd have just scored more points than the other team, we'd have won, and then we'd be 2-0! What a shame!"

22 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You do realize that the Bills lost two of their starting LB's (two of the top guys at their positions in the NFL, Milano and Edmunds) during the Jets game, and played without them both for a portion of the 2nd half against the Jets and the whole game against Miami... and still won both games, right? Because I remember last season when the Jets lost the game week 1 and Mosley went down during the game, you based that entire loss solely on one player getting injured. This is why you still claim, to this day, that the Jets actually "won" that game. Good teams don't make excuses when a player goes down. The next man up steps up and does his job. With well-prepared and well-coached teams, the entire team is not dependent on one player to win the game. Each player does his 1/11th. No excuses.