If I Told You The Jets Were Going To Open 5-0 Would You Call Me Crazy?

SAR I

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yeah.  "Boom"

In all the years I've known you, you have never been more wrong about something as you are with one Adam Gase.  You've lost all sound reasoning with this mess. 

He’s been digging so long probably figures at this point he might as well keep going until he ends up in China in starts over as a homer on a table tennis messageboard.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2020 at 2:42 PM, joewilly12 said:

Yes the stale pretzel eaters, fake jersey wearing,burping and farting fans who had seats in the old stadium for decades we are too blame for everything wrong with the NY Jets according to SOR I pronounced SORR-Y 

I miss the days when you sat in the stands next to people who knew the game, understood what they were watching.  And more importantly were true blue, dedicated fans.  Not ass clowns who had got in because of finances.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I miss the days when you sat in the stands next to people who knew the game, understood what they were watching.  And more importantly were true blue, dedicated fans.  Not ass clowns who had got in because of finances.

The Johnsons took one look at the old crowd and thought “how can we get more guys like us in the seats?”

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, jgb said:

The Johnsons took one look at the old crowd and thought “how can we get more guys like us in the seats?”

not to defend the johnsons but the old stadium was like the wild west and not in a well shot "the searchers" john wayne sort of way

the lost seasons when people started giving away tickets got super ugly. 

at one point a dude in a Johnny Abe jersey stabbed a dude in a Chad jersey in the mens room in the 300's because Chad ruined the season again by getting hurt - that one actually made the papers 

yeah the dollar throwing by the spirals was fun in a mad max mob mentality sort of way but it also got out of control too many times. i've also seen many people puked upon and dip spit upon etc. I've seen a 9 year old brought  to tears because a grown man was yelling "Vinny Testaverde sucks" into his face while we rode the long escalators.

not to mention all that bullsh*t with Crazy M and the chainsaw in 16h

NFL stadiums should be exciting they shouldn't be disturbing. 

so long story short, yes the new stadium is an abortion and no the old stadium crowd wasn't better, not even with nostalgia eyes 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

not to defend the johnsons but the old stadium was like the wild west and not in a well shot "the searchers" john wayne sort of way

at one point a dude in a Johnny Abe jersey stabbed a dude in a Chad jersey in the mens room in the 300's because Chad ruined the season again by getting hurt - that one actually made the papers 

yeah the dollar throwing by the spirals was fun in a mad max mob mentality sort of way but it also got out of control too many times. i've also seen many people puked upon and dip spit upon etc. I've seen a 9 year old brought  to tears because a grown man was yelling "Vinny Testaverde sucks" into his face while we rode the long escalators.

so long story short, yes the new stadium is an abortion and no the old stadium crowd wasn't better, not even with nostalgia eyes 

I was kidding at first but after reading this, I'm heading back to my garage to give that time machine another crack.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/21/2020 at 10:07 AM, SAR I said:

Certainly, I would be disappointed if that happened.

And, remember, all those illnesses and all those injuries last year were not excuses; they were reasons.  And I believe that without those circumstances we would have been a 10-6 playoff team, the talk of the NFL.  So that's my personal starting point for this season.

SAR I

were still a potential playoff team and no one can take us lightly.... we havent been eliminated and i have a feeling Gase has something up his sleeve

#GasedGod

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly the same people every week win or lose regardless of opponent, record, weather or game time. No one SOLD OUT we were there. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, FiremanEdIsMyDad said:

were still a potential playoff team and no one can take us lightly.... we havent been eliminated and i have a feeling Gase has something up his sleeve

#GasedGod

Can we please just skip to the big reveal that you're a Bills fan?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly the same people every week win or lose regardless of opponent, record, weather or game time. No one SOLD OUT we were there. 

I sat next to the same people every week, snow or rain, bad teams and good.  I'm friends with a few outside of games.  The guy behind me brought his son to games from 6 on.   I took @Mogglez from 6 or 7 on.  That was 20 years ago, me and the guy behind me still talk weekly.  It was different back at Shea and GS.  Point is, it was MUCH BETTER

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

It's football, that's what the crowds are like.  We still have these issues.  Personally, outside the spirals, I find the issues far worse now.  Old stadium - sat next to the same crowd for 20 something years.  The OOT fans in my sectional were generally the same people brought by the ST holders every year.  I used to bring the same Fins fan friend to the Dolphins game every year.  Guy next to me used to being the same people for the Pats game and the Colts game.   Once in a while, someone would throw a slice of pizza or a beer on them, but that's to be expected.  

Now I sit in a section where there are very few regulars.  See a ton more OOT fans.  The biggest issue is the 20 somethings that come to one game a year, start drinking in the lot at 8AM, drink non-stop thru the 1st half, then are throwing fists (if they haven't started throwing up yet) by midway thru the 4th quarter.  I see that person pretty much every week.

• Upvote 1

On 7/21/2020 at 9:58 AM, SAR I said:

If you break the season into chunks, to make the playoffs the Jets need:

2-2 Open
6-2 Middle
2-2 Finish

But now we need to re-look at the schedule in terms of the virus, limited practice contact, no preseason, and travel restrictions and what's interesting about the Jets schedule is that we have 3 of our 4 West coast games coming to play us in the first few weeks of the season.  That's a definite advantage.  That Niners game is not impossible and the Broncos and Cardinals games just became easier.

Let's also look at teams with brand new quarterbacks and how there's going to be a learning curve with, again, limited practices and no preseason games.  The Jets have 6 games against teams with new quarterbacks new to their squads and we play 5 of them before Thanksgiving.

Translation:  We should be able to get off to a faster start than most pundits imagined.

I've always thought its good to go back and reflect/make corrections. I've fixed this for you:

If you break the season into chunks, to get the #1 pick the Jets need:

0-4 Open - Nailed it!
0-8 Middle - So far so good, on our way!
0-4 Finish

It turns out that travel related to the West coast games did not matter. 0-3 vs west coast opponents so far 

Looking at games against new QBs has not been good so far - L to Denver, L to Arizona, L to Rivers (new QB for IND)

Translation: we got out to the slowest start and will stay the course.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I sat next to the same people every week, snow or rain, bad teams and good.  I'm friends with a few outside of games.  The guy behind me brought his son to games from 6 on.   I took @Mogglez from 6 or 7 on.  That was 20 years ago, me and the guy behind me still talk weekly.  It was different back at Shea and GS.  Point is, it was MUCH BETTER

I did the same thing. I took my son when he was 4 first game Colts delayed by lightning no cell phones wife worried sick.

Anyway I made friendships with people we sat next to, we tailgated together on occasion. 

I had season tickets for 20+ years I waited on the waiting list and every year that little post card came updating your wait list number. 

Now its all about $$$$ they can keep it and a lot of the so called fans they attracted to the stadium. 

The new and improved stiffs fan base (not all) have ruined the game day experience at the stadium. 

I miss Giants stadium inside and outside. 

IT WAS MUCH BETTER. 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Grow up already.

It's another AFC East Fan trying and failing to show how homerific Jets fans are. My bet is Bills because Patriots don't care enough about us to invest in such a thing and Dolphins fans can't load the site fast enough from the dial-up in their trailers.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's another AFC East Fan trying and failing to show how homerific Jets fans are. My bet is Bills because Patriots don't care enough about us to invest in such a thing and Dolphins fans can't load the site fast enough from the dial-up in their trailers.

Yeah, the Bills seem to have an army of minions who are sent out to troll fans and teams of their division rivals.  

The Jets have a .8 percent chance of making the playoffs. They hold a .2 percent chance of winning the AFC East. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/new-york-jets-playoff-odds-week-5-shrinking#:~:text=The Jets have a .,chance of making the playoffs.

So, I mean, there's still a chance, right?

Does 0.8% seem high to anyone else? If the remainder of the season was played 1,000 times, the Jets would make the playoffs 8 times?

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2020 at 12:57 AM, SAR I said:

at Bills
49ers
at Colts
Broncos
Cardinals

A 5-0 start is looking more likely. 

You've got the Bills, who we beat twice last year, and the Colts with a new and ancient QB in a new system with no preseason. 

Then you've got three West Coast teams coming East early in the season, and that travel and that lack of a preseason is a challenge.  For the 49ers that's a 10AM start and for the Broncos it's the Thursday night road curse.  For the Cards its a 10AM start and their second consecutive East coast trip and the Jets having 10 days rest coming off of TNF.

Boom.

SAR I

tumblr_mptgteMDVv1s65n5ho1_500.gif

?

• Upvote 1

After letting Robby walk, the trade of Adams and Mosley calling it quits; I predicted a 3-13 season heading in. 

I was off by 1 game. 

On the other hand you have @SAR I who predicted a 5-0 start; but only now wants to blame injuries and no Adams etc. 

Gase wasn't good enough to overcome less than ideal situations, however; SARcastic thought he was. 

??

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

After letting Robby walk, the trade of Adams and Mosley calling it quits; I predicted a 3-13 season heading in. 

I was off by 1 game. 

On the other hand you have @SAR I who predicted a 5-0 start; but only now wants to blame injuries and no Adams etc. 

Gase wasn't good enough to overcome less than ideal situations, however; SARcastic thought he was. 

??

Looking through his post history, it looks like he blamed injuries last season too.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I was off by 1 game. 

??

DWC December:  “SAR is a troll, I want him banned, I hate him, I have him on ignore!”

DWC January:  “SAR, I miss you in my head please frustrate me some more.”

SAR I

• Haha 2