If I Told You The Jets Were Going To Open 5-0 Would You Call Me Crazy?

SAR I

On 7/21/2020 at 12:57 AM, SAR I said:

at Bills
49ers
at Colts
Broncos
Cardinals

A 5-0 start is looking more likely. 

You've got the Bills, who we beat twice last year, and the Colts with a new and ancient QB in a new system with no preseason. 

Then you've got three West Coast teams coming East early in the season, and that travel and that lack of a preseason is a challenge.  For the 49ers that's a 10AM start and for the Broncos it's the Thursday night road curse.  For the Cards its a 10AM start and their second consecutive East coast trip and the Jets having 10 days rest coming off of TNF.

Boom.

SAR I

I would only call you crazy if you said they were going 6-0 in their first 5 games

at Bills
49ers
at Colts
Broncos
Cardinals

You've got the Bills, who we beat twice last year, and the Colts with a new and ancient QB in a new system with no preseason. 

Then you've got three West Coast teams coming East early in the season, and that travel and that lack of a preseason is a challenge.  For the 49ers that's a 10AM start and for the Broncos it's the Thursday night road curse.  For the Cards its a 10AM start and their second consecutive East coast trip and the Jets having 10 days rest coming off of TNF.

Boom.

SAR I

?

image.png.0cd86e7d27f54c0822977fffe2f6d5c3.png

• Post of the Week 1

at Bills
49ers
at Colts
Broncos
Cardinals

Boom.

SAR I

You are COMPLETELY out of your mind. SAR, I like you... I think your very outlandish, silly prognostications add to the entertainment value on this site. However, after that? You're just a guy that thinks up these very absurd impossible scenarios and tried to push them as true. I don't believe much of anyone on this site actually takes you seriously? Even the most optimistic of fans, would say after 5 games that 3-2 was possible but not probable.

My prediction? The Jets after 5 games are 2-3. They are a terrible team, extremely lacking in talent, that just traded away their very best player. 

2 hours ago, jetswin said:

I would only call you crazy if you said they were going 6-0 in their first 5 games

Yeah, I thought the trip out West could be a problem.

But at 5-0 with all that confidence I don't see us going to LA and losing to a rookie QB leading an old and disillusioned Chargers team.  So 6-0 is plausible.

SAR I

35 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

You are COMPLETELY out of your mind. SAR, I like you... I think your very outlandish, silly prognostications add to the entertainment value on this site.

There is nothing outlandish or silly about thinking the Jets have a schedule that suddenly looks less daunting than it did a month ago.  No preseason and no travel hurts teams making big East/West coast trips.  Our schedule features 3 such teams coming East in the first 5 weeks.

36 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

My prediction? The Jets after 5 games are 2-3. They are a terrible team, extremely lacking in talent, that just traded away their very best player. 

Now that is one completely out-of-your-mind prediction.  Even worse is your belief that we are a terrible team.  Did you not see our backups and third stringers go 6-2 last season?  That's indicative of young depth on the roster.  Did you not see Joe Douglas' FA rebuild of the OL?  Did you not see us pick up Perriman and draft Mims to overcome Robbie's production?  Did you not see that Darnold to Crowder was one of the most prolific tandems in the NFL last year?  Did you not see how the team responded to Gase last year?  Do you not believe that our very good defense last year will be improved with the addition of McDougald and the return of Mosely and Williamson up the middle?

You need to start believing what your eyes are seeing and not what bloggers and sports personalities are telling you on YouTube.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is nothing outlandish or silly about thinking the Jets have a schedule that suddenly looks less daunting than it did a month ago.  No preseason and no travel hurts teams making big East/West coast trips.  Our schedule features 3 such teams coming East in the first 5 weeks.

Now that is one completely out-of-your-mind prediction.  Even worse is your belief that we are a terrible team.  Did you not see our backups and third stringers go 6-2 last season?  That's indicative of young depth on the roster.  Did you not see Joe Douglas' FA rebuild of the OL?  Did you not see us pick up Perriman and draft Mims to overcome Robbie's production?  Did you not see that Darnold to Crowder was one of the most prolific tandems in the NFL last year?  Did you not see how the team responded to Gase last year?  Do you not believe that our very good defense last year will be improved with the addition of McDougald and the return of Mosely and Williamson up the middle?

You need to start believing what your eyes are seeing and not what bloggers and sports personalities are telling you on YouTube.

SAR I

Like us going 2-0 against the Bills last year?

• Haha 2

On 7/21/2020 at 5:57 AM, SAR I said:

at Bills
49ers
at Colts
Broncos
Cardinals

Boom.

SAR I

This is entirely the kind of positive attitude I can get on board with.

Told my group of football mates that the Jets would win the Super Bowl in 2023. Oh how they laughed.

• Post of the Week 1

OL never played together before with 4 out of 5 new players

Some combination of a Rookie / Fant / Edoga at OT

Buffalo (away) and San Fran defenses to start the year

Then at Indy ... I would guess they'd be favored

I'll take 1-2

11 minutes ago, ljr said:

OL never played together before with 4 out of 5 new players

Some combination of a Rookie / Fant / Edoga at OT

The same thing happened last year, and with far lesser talent, and we went 6-2 anyway.  Great coaching and a great quarterback can overcome a weak OL.  We proved that last year.

Buffalo (away) and San Fran defenses to start the year

Sam Darnold has never lost in Buffalo, he likes it up there.  We had the Bills beat Week 1 last year.  We have no business beating SF but it's their first time on a plane and at hotels in forever and a 10AM start.  If there is a time to catch them at their weakest, it's Week 2.

Then at Indy ... I would guess they'd be favored

Rivers is shot, and the Colts will be 0-2 when we come to town, no need to worry.

2-1 is a lock.  Its a matter of whether or not we can get to 3-0.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

The cards were finding their way last year with a rookie QB. The Seahawks are way overrated. The Rams weren’t very good either, so although the 49ers had a great season, other than the Ravens, their schedule sucked azz. 
Garapolo likes to play short game football & the Niners ran right through teams where Garapolo didn’t even have 10 completions. 
With a healthy Mosely & Avery, CBs that can tackle, QW taking another step & maybe, just maybe Clowney? They ain’t running over the Jets front 7 which means we’ll have them in a bunch of 3rd & longs. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You're saying we outplayed them in that opening game but we lost on the scoreboard?  So then it's Gase's fault.  Got it!

No, that would be Gregg Williams defense that blew a 16 point lead with 16 minutes to go.  Gase only coaches the offense, remember?

SAR I

1st Half Record 6-2

2nd Half Record: 6-2

FINAL RECORD: 12-4 (Shades of '98)

2020 Division Champions

Darnold gets out the broom and SWEEPS the AFC East.

Green Confetti Drops in @SAR I's mancave. 

Darkness pulls back as Coronavirus Vaccine is a success.

Jets Godfather throws party with all you can snort cocaine.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

odds are they start 1-4 f not 0-5 and we will hear the jets need to give gase time to get his system in place then shift to the remember we lost adams who pretty much was the reason we won two of our games last year

then the chant for patience starts and we all knew this year was a rebuild

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

odds are they start 1-4 f not 0-5 and we will hear the jets need to give gase time to get his system in place then shift to the remember we lost adams who pretty much was the reason we won two of our games last year

then the chant for patience starts and we all knew this year was a rebuild

Yea, because the AFC East is so daunting. Give me a break. The NFL just isn't that good anymore. Every year now 3/4 of the league is "rebuilding". 

Covid 19, will definitely hurt teams with new QBs, playing in stadiums like Seattle where they were 4-4 last year changes everything without fans. Jets & Bills will have the best defenses in the AFC East with Hightower & Chung opting out & Brady not there to bleed the clock like he would forcing more snaps on their defense. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I have to admit you're entertainment value just never ends. But what you're saying is not only illogical, it just doesn't rhyme with common sense, logic, simple reasoning, etc. It's no secret that this team is amongst one of her least talented in the league. What do you think because Douglas made additions through FA and the draft that this team had suddenly made a metamorphosis? Not a single OL added through FA is a proven commodity. Not one. The draft picks look promising, but so did all of Mike Macagnan's drafts. In 2016, you could barely run into a single person that didn't think Darron Lee was the second coming of LT. Now I'm optimistic about out draft, but you've taken the euphoria to intoxication levels. They went 6-2 over their last 8 games because the competition they faced was horrid. Now, if they'd done that against even .500 teams my optimism might rise a little more. The fact is they did NOT. The Jets still stink and they still just lost their very best player. This team is at best 6-10.

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

I have to admit you're entertainment value just never ends. But what you're saying is not only illogical, it just doesn't rhyme with common sense, logic, simple reasoning, etc. It's no secret that this team is amongst one of her least talented in the league. What do you think because Douglas made additions through FA and the draft that this team had suddenly made a metamorphosis? Not a single OL added through FA is a proven commodity. Not one. The draft picks look promising, but so did all of Mike Macagnan's drafts. In 2016, you could barely run into a single person that didn't think Darron Lee was the second coming of LT. Now I'm optimistic about out draft, but you've taken the euphoria to intoxication levels. They went 6-2 over their last 8 games because the competition they faced was horrid. Now, if they'd done that against even .500 teams my optimism might rise a little more. The fact is they did NOT. The Jets still stink and they still just lost their very best player. This team is at best 6-10.

You have just been added to the list.

SAR I

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

List of what?

List of SOJF haters that is not allowed to enjoy the upcoming winning season or the playoff game.  You can't sh-t on the team all year and then act all happy when they're a success.  You've chosen sides and you're going to stay there.  The list ensures that those who have made their lack of faith clear don't flip in January when I publish it.

SAR I

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

List of SOJF haters that is not allowed to enjoy the upcoming winning season or the playoff game.  You can't sh-t on the team all year and then act all happy when they're a success.  You've chosen sides and you're going to stay there.  The list ensures that those who have made their lack of faith clear don't flip in January when I publish it.

SAR I

Shame the sh*t out of them!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, lounap23 said:

By A lot.   The Niners went to the Super Bowl.  I think the Niners are the best team

Game is in New Jersey.  No preseason games.  First time on a plane or in a hotel all year.  Limited practices.  Covid anxiety.  10AM California kickoff.

This game is a pick 'em.  Couldn't have picked a better slot for the toughest home game of the year.  Jets have a great chance to steal it.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Game is in New Jersey.  No preseason games.  First time on a plane or in a hotel all year.  Limited practices.  Covid anxiety.  10AM California kickoff.

This game is a pick 'em.  Couldn't have picked a better slot for the toughest home game of the year.  Jets have a great chance to steal it.

SAR I

I get your logic but based on pure talent. The Niners are way better.  As well as there is no Home Field advantage with no fans in the stadium.  the travel might for the Niners might help but does it make this game a pick'em. I don't think so.    I think this Jets team is underrated and has a chance to develop nicely but until they play and become a cohesive unit on D and O the Niners are still favorites, easily.   With that said I certainly can see a win if everything falls right for us

24 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

The fact that @SAR I can get 5 pages of content out of this thread is a tribute to his brilliance.

As for the rest of you.... :dohslap:

What the **** else are we gonna do? Keep talking about Covid, sh*t on the QB, and hope the murder hornets stay away??

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

I get your logic but based on pure talent. The Niners are way better.  As well as there is no Home Field advantage with no fans in the stadium.  the travel might for the Niners might help but does it make this game a pick'em. I don't think so.    I think this Jets team is underrated and has a chance to develop nicely but until they play and become a cohesive unit on D and O the Niners are still favorites, easily.   With that said I certainly can see a win if everything falls right for us

No one gave this team and this coaching staff a shot against the Cowboys, Raiders, and Steelers last season.  And that was a far lesser team with a crazy amount of injuries adjusting to a brand new system.

SAR I

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

That's fine with me. In fact, list me as number 1 on your list. I'll enjoy the notoriety....

• Sympathy 1