If I Told You The Jets Were Going To Open 5-0 Would You Call Me Crazy?

SAR I

SAR, you are obviously entitled to your opinion, but let’s ditch distorting facts.  In another thread, you talked about our schedule in the first half of last year while conveniently listing only 5 games.   In this thread you falsely stated that we beat the Bills twice.  

You would have much more credibility and would be amusing if you backed up your opinions with fact, not distortions or outright lies.  

For those of you who don’t know me yet, I am a moderate concerning the Jets.  I don’t buy into the Same Old Jets song, although I saw Gastineau’s late hit, the missed field goals by Brien, and decades of horrific drafting.  However, I do have a great deal of confidence in Joe Douglas, and firmly believe that he will turn the team around.  I also think that it is absurd to blame the current regime for past mistakes. However, to me it is delusional to expect the team to turn everything around in Douglas’ first year.  We still have holes on this team. 

I place myself on the rational list. 

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

@SAR I about to come in here with the same swag that had him proclaim all offseason that the Bills were not a playoff team last year and that the Jets were 2-0 against them, and be like “See! Jets start 2-0 and Adam Gase is pulling all the right strings! We’re on our way to 5-0!”

And the owners are great.

Now I did say the Jets would make the playoffs and win the division.  But I have newspapers to sell people. C'mon.  :)

• Haha 1

Jesus h Christmas

The sad part is, he was kinda right about this game being winnable

The fact they looked so garbage vs backups on a 10 am start with a lung full of smoke from wildfires means this teams could actually go winless

But don't say such because then Sar won't let you enjoy the playoff wins lol

Game is in New Jersey.  No preseason games.  First time on a plane or in a hotel all year.  Limited practices.  Covid anxiety.  10AM California kickoff.

This game is a pick 'em.  Couldn't have picked a better slot for the toughest home game of the year.  Jets have a great chance to steal it.

SAR I

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2020 at 11:28 AM, SAR I said:

List of SOJF haters that is not allowed to enjoy the upcoming winning season or the playoff game.  You can't sh-t on the team all year and then act all happy when they're a success.  You've chosen sides and you're going to stay there.  The list ensures that those who have made their lack of faith clear don't flip in January when I publish it.

SAR I

So I guess I chose sides? I am actually quite happy about that. It's a nice little surprise in a sea NYJ disappointment. I would ALWAYS rather be accurate and objective about my predictions than scream at the top of my lungs the Jets are going to win the SB in 2020! Lol

• Upvote 1

On 7/21/2020 at 12:57 AM, SAR I said:

at Bills
49ers
at Colts
Broncos
Cardinals

A 5-0 start is looking more likely. 

You've got the Bills, who we beat twice last year, and the Colts with a new and ancient QB in a new system with no preseason. 

Then you've got three West Coast teams coming East early in the season, and that travel and that lack of a preseason is a challenge.  For the 49ers that's a 10AM start and for the Broncos it's the Thursday night road curse.  For the Cards its a 10AM start and their second consecutive East coast trip and the Jets having 10 days rest coming off of TNF.

Boom.

SAR I

You know less about Football than anyone in the world.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/30/2020 at 12:58 PM, kmnj said:

odds are they start 1-4 f not 0-5 and we will hear the jets need to give gase time to get his system in place then shift to the remember we lost adams who pretty much was the reason we won two of our games last year

then the chant for patience starts and we all knew this year was a rebuild

yep

amazing so many could not see this coming. I guess my decades of being a jet fan helped me see that Gase regime is as bad if not worse then the Kotite regime.

After reading this thread that was bumped- nobody should ever listen to one word from the OP he is clueless when it comes to football-maybe if you want a soccer mom car he can help you there.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

yep

amazing so many could not see this coming. I guess my decades of being a jet fan helped me see that Gase regime is as bad if not worse then the Kotite regime.

After reading this thread that was bumped- nobody should ever listen to one word from the OP he is clueless when it comes to football-maybe if you want a soccer mom car he can help you there.

You were right. Nice toot of your own horn. 

9 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

@SAR I about to come in here with the same swag that had him proclaim all offseason that the Bills were not a playoff team last year and that the Jets were 2-0 against them, and be like “See! Jets start 2-0 and Adam Gase is pulling all the right strings! We’re on our way to 5-0!”

This post was written in July, two months before we were again unbelievably struck with a series of injuries, and weeks before Jamal Adams was traded and CJ Mosely opted-out, all of which crushed us with a personnel shortage just like they did at the start of last season.

SAR would have been correct had these things not happened.

SAR I

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This post was written in July, two months before we were again unbelievably struck with a series of injuries, and weeks before Jamal Adams was traded and CJ Mosely opted-out, all of which crushed us with a personnel shortage just like they did at the start of last season.

SAR would have been correct had these things not happened.

SAR I

Hey everyone, I checked my crystal ball and he's right.  We would've beaten the Bills 33-0 and 49ers 27-21.

And he was right about last year too.  We would've gone 10-6 and beaten the Texans in the 1st round of the playoffs.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Hey everyone, I checked my crystal ball and he's right.  We would've beaten the Bills 33-0 and 49ers 27-21.

And he was right about last year too.  We would've gone 10-6 and beaten the Texans in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Let's see.....let's see.....did you post in this thread back in July?  Hmm.....wait a minute:

On 7/21/2020 at 6:08 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed.  We barely squeaked by against the Bills last year in a game they weren't really even trying to win.

And I do agree that the Bills are probably more talented 1-53 than the Jets, I do think our division is very much up-for-grabs.  I could see any of the 4 teams winning it, depending on how the ball bounces.

Shhh.  Go back to bed now.  Nap time, sweetheart.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let's see.....let's see.....did you post in this thread back in July?  Hmm.....wait a minute:

Shhh.  Go back to bed now.  Nap time, sweetheart.

SAR I

I thought all 4 teams were going to be around .500, with the division winner getting 10 wins.  That would mean if the Jets could hover around .500 that they'd at least be in the discussion (and in the season prediction thread, I predicted 7-9 for us).

Meanwhile, the Pats are 1-1, Dolphins 0-2 and only the Bills are 2-0.  All 3 of those teams look competitive.  The Dolphins stood up to the Bills yesterday but couldn't quite get it done (aka "depending on how the ball bounces").  The only team in the division falling apart is our Jets.  So 3 of the 4 teams look like they can compete for the division instead of all 4.  That's a lot closer to being accurate than saying the Jets will start 5-0.

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Jesus h Christmas

The sad part is, he was kinda right about this game being winnable

The fact they looked so garbage vs backups on a 10 am start with a lung full of smoke from wildfires means this teams could actually go winless

But don't say such because then Sar won't let you enjoy the playoff wins lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

He's just Dyslexic 

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I thought all 4 teams were going to be around .500, with the division winner getting 10 wins.  That would mean if the Jets could hover around .500 that they'd at least be in the discussion (and in the season prediction thread, I predicted 7-9 for us).

Meanwhile, the Pats are 1-1, Dolphins 0-2 and only the Bills are 2-0.  All 3 of those teams look competitive.  The Dolphins stood up to the Bills yesterday but couldn't quite get it done (aka "depending on how the ball bounces").  The only team in the division falling apart is our Jets.  So 3 of the 4 teams look like they can compete for the division instead of all 4.  That's a lot closer to being accurate than saying the Jets will start 5-0.

We don't want to hear your excuses.  You were wrong.  Own it.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

We don't want to hear your excuses.  You were wrong.  Own it.

SAR I

I predicted 7-9 but I was way too optimistic.  I admit I was wrong about that.  I now predict we get 4 wins.

Your turn now.

Are we still going to win the division?  Is Adam Gase still a great coach?  Will you admit that you greatly overrated our 6-2 finish last year?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

I like Sar's enthusiasm based on last year finish.  Lots of things could have gone better to help this team.  They haven't he's wrong.  So what.   If you go out on a limb enough you end up on your ass sometimes.  

The difference is that he always doubles-down, saying that he was right.