If I Told You The Jets Were Going To Open 5-0 Would You Call Me Crazy?

SAR I

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We don't want to hear your excuses.  You were wrong.  Own it.

SAR I

This applies to almost every post you've ever made.  I don't know anyone who has been as consistently wrong as you have in all my time at JI and JN.

But being wrong doesn't really matter, because being right has never been your aim.  Your entire purpose is to troll and get a rise out of/piss off this fanbase.

You're a slightly smarter Manish Mehta.  Congrats.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The difference is that he always doubles-down, saying that he was right.

I think he's just trolling the douchebags who feel the need to call him out when he's obviously as disappointed by the terrible start as all Jets fans should be. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I predicted 7-9 but I was way too optimistic.  I admit I was wrong about that.  I now predict we get 4 wins.

Your turn now.

Are we still going to win the division?  Is Adam Gase still a great coach?  Will you admit that you greatly overrated our 6-2 finish last year?  

No.  Yes.  No.

SAR I

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The difference is that he always doubles-down, saying that he was right.

How was SAR wrong?

He predicted one thing wrong so far:  That we couldn't possibly, not in a million years, no way no how, ever have an injury situation as bad as 2019.

If not for the injuries, and the Adams trade, and the Mosley opt-out, and that awful new dangerous field turf, all things he didn't know back in July, he would have been right. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How was SAR wrong?

He predicted one thing wrong so far:  That we couldn't possibly, not in a million years, no way no how, ever have an injury situation as bad as 2019.

If not for the injuries, and the Adams trade, and the Mosley opt-out, and that awful new field turf, all things he didn't know back in July he would have been right. 

SAR I

I admitted that my crystal ball confirmed you were right.

• Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I predicted 7-9 but I was way too optimistic.  I admit I was wrong about that.  I now predict we get 4 wins.

Your turn now.

Are we still going to win the division?  Is Adam Gase still a great coach?  Will you admit that you greatly overrated our 6-2 finish last year?  

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No.  Yes.  No.

SAR I

For the record, SAR says Adam Gase is still a great HC and last year's 6-2 finish was everything he said it was cracked up to be.

• Post of the Week 1

On 7/21/2020 at 12:57 AM, SAR I said:

at Bills
49ers
at Colts
Broncos
Cardinals

A 5-0 start is looking more likely. 

You've got the Bills, who we beat twice last year, and the Colts with a new and ancient QB in a new system with no preseason. 

Then you've got three West Coast teams coming East early in the season, and that travel and that lack of a preseason is a challenge.  For the 49ers that's a 10AM start and for the Broncos it's the Thursday night road curse.  For the Cards its a 10AM start and their second consecutive East coast trip and the Jets having 10 days rest coming off of TNF.

Boom.

SAR I

Can someone ban this freak

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

For the record, SAR says Adam Gase is still a great HC and last year's 6-2 finish was everything he said it was cracked up to be.

Like last season, early adversity for the first 8 weeks led to Gase taking charge and coaching up backups and third stringers to a proud 6-2 finish against weaker competition.

This season, Gase hasn't had 8 weeks to coach up the backups and third stringers and hasn't faced a weak team.  Given more time and competition at a level akin to our injury/traded/out-opted state, I expect similar results to last year.

We are fortunate that we have the right head coach for a never-ending carousel of roster degradations.  This is Gase's wheelhouse.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So, this thread is going well.

Yes, actually.

If SAR was right, he'd be having a laugh-riot, Alice.  If SAR was wrong, he'd be having a laugh-riot, Alice.

People seem to think we are scholars here.  That we're editors for the Library of Congress or writing the next edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica.  This is a discussion forum.  This is a form of entertainment.  And I am not here to entertain you; I'm here to entertain me.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes, actually.

If SAR was right, he'd be having a laugh-riot, Alice.  If SAR was wrong, he'd be having a laugh-riot, Alice.

People seem to think we are scholars here.  That we're editors for the Library of Congress or writing the next edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica.  This is a discussion forum.  This is a form of entertainment.  And I am not here to entertain you; I'm here to entertain me.

SAR I

dear sar I,.. thank you for entertaining me   8::

• Post of the Week 1

Basically, the OP makes a prediction where he can't admit being wrong about...

If the Jets go 5-0, he's a genius...

If the Jets go 1-4 or 0-5, he cites the injury excuse (which is ALWAYS available, this is the NFL after all)....

Of course, he ignores that the 49's lost half the team on the field yesterday, and the REPLACEMENTS crushed the hapless Jets...

So now we have to hear him forever excusing Gase, since the Jets best player (Adams) was traded...

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Basically, the OP makes a prediction where he can't admit being wrong about...

If the Jets go 5-0, he's a genius...

If the Jets go 1-4 or 0-5, he cites the injury excuse (which is ALWAYS available, this is the NFL after all)....

Of course, he ignores that the 49's lost half the team on the field yesterday, and the REPLACEMENTS crushed the hapless Jets...

So now we have to hear him forever excusing Gase, since the Jets best player (Adams) was traded...

Jamal Adams traded
CJ Mosely opted-out
2020 Draft Class Injured
2020 Core Receivers and RB's injured
Jordan Palmer exposed 
New field turf too sticky

These aren't excuses.  These are reasons.

SAR I

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jamal Adams traded
CJ Mosely opted-out
2020 Draft Class Injured
2020 Core Receivers and RB's injured
Jordan Palmer exposed 
New field turf too sticky

These aren't excuses.  These are reasons.

SAR I

u were so wrong it is bigly sad

I on the other hand posted we would be 0-5 or 1-4 at best and then people would be making excuses for our performance and preaching patience.

You know who was exposed YOU but you are essentially a bot a fake rich guy driving a moms car with zero football knowledge

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

This post was written in July, two months before we were again unbelievably struck with a series of injuries, and weeks before Jamal Adams was traded and CJ Mosely opted-out, all of which crushed us with a personnel shortage just like they did at the start of last season.

SAR would have been correct had these things not happened.

SAR I

SAR, I know you're smarter than this dumb crap you're posting. What is it? Are you an attention whore? If so, you picked the wrong way to get attention. Because the attention you're is via insults.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

There's a solid 80% chance this team starts 0-5.

There's almost no chance they start any better than 1-4.  That would actually be a triumph.

Personally, the only game I see us *possibly* winning is home against Denver - and honestly, I'm not sure I wouldn't pick the Broncos right now. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

This applies to almost every post you've ever made.  I don't know anyone who has been as consistently wrong as you have in all my time at JI and JN.

But being wrong doesn't really matter, because being right has never been your aim.  Your entire purpose is to troll and get a rise out of/piss off this fanbase.

You're a slightly smarter Manish Mehta.  Congrats.

I don’t think he’s a troll... I think he’s just the best in the world at convincing himself of anything 

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes, actually.

SAR I

All of this should and would be true but you’re kind of a dill rod to people who disagree with you... a mensch would mea culpa up and hand out some friendly apologies. And this is coming from someone who likes you lol 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, jgb said:

I don’t think he’s a troll... I think he’s just the best in the world at convincing himself of anything 

All of this should and would be true but you’re  * a dill rod *  to people who disagree with you... a mensch would mea culpa up and hand out some friendly apologies. And this is coming from someone who likes you lol 

* fixed *  ^ ^ 

:rolleyes:

It’s so weird how only the jets have these problems; none of the other 31 have to deal with injuries, traded players, no preseason or training camp 

clearly gase is a great coach and his 30-36 record proves it 

How is it possible to be so wrong? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1