If I Told You The Jets Were Going To Open 5-0 Would You Call Me Crazy?

SAR I

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

Perriman
Mims
Crowder
Herndon
Bell

That's our starting passing offense.  Herndon is the only one playing.  There is no other NFL team that has had to deal with this type of adversity at the receiver position this season.  We'd be 2-0 if they weren't all in the hospital.

SAR I

The 49ers rolled wide receivers Kendrick Bourne and Trent Taylor out there, supplementing them with a rookie WR in Brandon Aiyuk who was playing his first NFL game following a hamstring injury.  No Deebo Samuel, no George Kittle.  But they made up for it by having QB Nick Mullens elevate the play of those pass-catchers around him on the way to an 18 point win???

The Jets need better coaching.  Shanahan had his backup players ready to compete and enabled them with a good game plan.  The Jets were unprepared, uninspired, and incapable.  Their approach to the game seemed to be trying to keep it respectable and not take chances....despite trailing the entire game following the first play from scrimmage.

jason mantzoukas come on man GIF by LoveIndieFilms

• Upvote 2

On 9/21/2020 at 11:15 AM, SAR I said:

Yes, actually.

If SAR was right, he'd be having a laugh-riot, Alice.  If SAR was wrong, he'd be having a laugh-riot, Alice.

People seem to think we are scholars here.  That we're editors for the Library of Congress or writing the next edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica.  This is a discussion forum.  This is a form of entertainment.  And I am not here to entertain you; I'm here to entertain me.

SAR I

769135b93a1b18fd4b07c6719de5dcfe2ea2943c

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

So let's get this straight.  Two weeks ago the knucklehead was saying if you can't see that the Jets are the best team in the AFC East, you're delusional.  Ditto Sam Darnold.  Now the knucklehead is saying how can you judge this team when there's no talent or depth.  He actually blames the current state of the team on:

• The fans!  You hopeless degenerates who are constantly whining about how bad this team is.  It's your fault!
  • Dowell Loggains.  Now that's delusional!
  • Fireman Ed!  Fire Fireman Ed and our problems will be solved!
  • The fans have no patience!
  • No one but he and Chris Johnson can recognize the beautiful mind of Adam Gaze.

Delusion is as delusion does.

Are you really a woman???  Your posts have on the floor laughing!

33 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The 49ers rolled wide receivers Kendrick Bourne and Trent Taylor out there, supplementing them with a rookie WR in Brandon Aiyuk who was playing his first NFL game following a hamstring injury.  No Deebo Samuel, no George Kittle.  But they made up for it by having QB Nick Mullens elevate the play of those pass-catchers around him on the way to an 18 point win???

The Jets need better coaching.  Shanahan had his backup players ready to compete and enabled them with a good game plan.  The Jets were unprepared, uninspired, and incapable.  Their approach to the game seemed to be trying to keep it respectable and not take chances....despite trailing the entire game following the first play from scrimmage.

jason mantzoukas come on man GIF by LoveIndieFilms

I believe the Jets were playing the 39'ers on Sunday.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Are you really a woman???  Your posts have on the floor laughing!

Yes, I'm actually Joan Rivers incarnate.  :)  You gotta admit that SORE I makes it pretty easy to make fun of.  He sticks his chin out waiting for the punches!  And after a few jabs to his head he takes his three BMW's (simultaneously!) for a ride to cool off and write some more nonsensical jibberish. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Leasing is more expensive than buying, so if you're implying that I can't own them, surely I can.  I choose to spend more so that I can be in a new car every 3 years.  It's called Lease Privilege.

SAR I

I believe the German translation for Privilege is Dummkopf.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

In the age of free-agency, no team has such depth 

The 49ers have been better managed by superior GM's for the better part of the last decade.

There is a difference between the depth of the NFC Champions and a rebuilding team.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I mean, after what you saw last year, an expert like yourself should've at least considered the possibility that we'd have a lot of injuries again.  (ek-specially considering the shortened offseason practice schedule and no pre-season games.)

I have made one mistake.  Believing there was no way that we could ever be faced with the amount of injuries we faced last year or that it could even be worse. 

Acts of God aren't part of the NFL predictions game, I've never heard some expert say "I have the Cowboys at 11-5 but I think they are going to have 4 of their 5 starting receiving targets for Dak Prescott out for 3-5 weeks, so put me down for 3-13."

SAR I

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The 49ers have been better managed by superior GM's for the better part of the last decade.

There is a difference between the depth of the NFC Champions and a rebuilding team.  

SAR I

That's nonsense.  The 49ers were a dumpster fire in 2014, Harbaugh's last season.  The HC and ownership hated each other.  They are on their 3rd HC since he left.  Things didn't begin to stabilize until Lynch was hired in January of 2017.  The were in the SB in January of 2012.  

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I have no reasons for the lack of execution on defense.  None.  CJ Mosely didn't play last year so that's not the reason for the regression.  I was told that Jamal Adams was overrated and that Williamson + Maye would make up for his production.  Gregg Williams has been a huge disappointment this year.  The comments on WFAN from his defensive leaders are alarming.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Adam Gase and the Idzik/Maccagnan roster had no contingency for missing Crowder, Mims, Perriman, and Bell.  Not to mention V. Smith who Sam bonded with last year and Perine who got zero preseason or week one experience.

It's not coaching.  It's personnel.  In a few weeks when the 4 receiving starters are back in the lineup and playing together behind a new OL that has gelled, then we'll be able to judge Adam Gase's playcalling and creativity.  Until then, its ludicrous to criticize his creativity when you know we have a garbage roster from years of neglect by prior regimes.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I have no reasons for the lack of execution on defense.  None.  CJ Mosely didn't play last year so that's not the reason for the regression.  I was told that Jamal Adams was overrated and that Williamson + Maye would make up for his production.  Gregg Williams has been a huge disappointment this year.  The comments on WFAN from his defensive leaders are alarming.

Adam Gase and the Idzik/Maccagnan roster had no contingency for missing Crowder, Mims, Perriman, and Bell.  Not to mention V. Smith who Sam bonded with last year and Perine who got zero preseason or week one experience.

It's not coaching.  It's personnel.  In a few weeks when the 4 receiving starters are back in the lineup and playing together behind a new OL that has gelled, then we'll be able to judge Adam Gase's playcalling and creativity.  Until then, its ludicrous to criticize his creativity when you know we have a garbage roster from years of neglect by prior regimes.

SAR I

Hey how’s that 5-0 start going? - Tell your brother to bring some Gin back from London in November.

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

That's nonsense.  The 49ers were a dumpster fire in 2014, Harbaugh's last season.  The HC and ownership hated each other.  They are on their 3rd HC since he left.  Things didn't begin to stabilize until Lynch was hired in January of 2017.  The were in the SB in January of 2019.  

As bad as the Niners were, we were straddled with Ryan, Idzik, Bowles, and Maccagnan, we had it worse and our 2019 performance and 2020 rosters reflect that.

If Lynch is the high-end benchmark, then Douglas should have us competitive at the start of the 2022 season and it should end in a Super Bowl appearance.  What it also means is that we have to put our pitchforks away and let Douglas and Gase have a few seasons together before rushing to judgement.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Hey how’s that 5-0 start going? - Tell your brother to bring some Gin back from London in November.

Well, if what I thought would be the case back in July when I made my forecast-  that the Jets were healthy, that our 2020 draft class wasn't hospitalized, that Adams never left, and that Mosley didn't opt-out-  we would be 2-0 right now so I feel pretty good about my ability to prognosticate.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Fair enough.  I've said all along that Gase hasn't shown he's capable of lifting a bad team (e.g. the way SF destroyed us with no Kittle, Deebo, Garroppolo, etc) but maybe we can hold out hope that he can do okay with some more talented players. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Well, if what I thought would be the case back in July when I made my forecast-  that the Jets were healthy, that our 2020 draft class wasn't hospitalized, that Adams never left, and that Mosley didn't opt-out-  we would be 2-0 right now so I feel pretty good about my ability to prognosticate.

SAR I

Thanks Chris.

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Perriman and Crowder played 100% and 86% respectively of the snaps in week 1.  Bell went down in the 3rd quarter.  The Jets were trailing 21-3 when he left.  It's true that Perine had no preseason experience.  Do you know who else had no preseason or prior NFL experience?  Clyde Edwards-Helaire, and Jonathan Taylor.  James Robinson, an UDFA that just turned 22, went for 102 on 16 carries against the Titans.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fair enough.  I've said all along that Gase hasn't shown he's capable of lifting a bad team (e.g. the way SF destroyed us with no Kittle, Deebo, Garroppolo, etc) but maybe we can hold out hope that he can do okay with some more talented players. 

That's quite fair, thank you.

What's important now is that we get healthy and let our OL gel.  I'm excited to see what our passing game looks like when healthy.  Something to look forward to.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Thanks Chris.

Thankfully, Christopher Johnson has a long-term vision for this team which includes a sometimes painful reshaping of an awful Idzik/Maccagnan roster.

Knee-jerk emotional fans flying planes and crying like little girls isn't part of the plan.

SAR I

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thankfully, Christopher Johnson has a long-term vision for this team which includes a sometimes painful reshaping of an awful Idzik/Maccagnan roster.

Knee-jerk emotional fans flying planes and crying like little girls isn't part of the plan.

SAR I

And he's back from taking a ride in this three BMWs simultaneously to post more nonsense.  How was the drive SORE I?  Do you drive past Gaze's house and blow kisses?

48 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Perriman and Crowder played 100% and 86% respectively of the snaps in week 1.  Bell went down in the 3rd quarter.  The Jets were trailing 21-3 when he left. 

We could have had Maynard and Keyshawn out there, Sam Darnold couldn't hit the side of a barn in Buffalo, receivers didn't matter.

49 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's true that Perine had no preseason experience.  Do you know who else had no preseason or prior NFL experience?  Clyde Edwards-Helaire, and Jonathan Taylor.  James Robinson, an UDFA that just turned 22, went for 102 on 16 carries against the Titans.

Edwards-Helaire,  Kansas City Chief.  Taylor, behind the best young OL in the NFL.  Perine is coming off an injury.  Those others weren't.

It's going to be 11 in the box on Sunday.  Unless Darnold runs around like Lamar, not sure how we are going to generate any offense.  With 4 of 5 starting receivers not expected to play and a stacked box for Gore and the rookie, there is no O.

SAR I 

Lmao I don't even know how you could watch the playcalling of Gase and think he's any good

This isn't just a problem this year with injuries, he's never been any good without arguably the greatest QB of all time that called his own offense. He's been fired before, and he's had what 4 straight years of bottom 5 offensive play? He's had multiple players over his many tenures come out and say that he was no good. He has 30 wins in his career, and 29 double digit losses ?.

You have to be drinking an insurmountable amount of Kool-Aid to believe that he'll even get us past the first round of the playoffs.  

7 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Lmao I don't even know how you could watch the playcalling of Gase and think he's any good

This isn't just a problem this year with injuries, he's never been any good without arguably the greatest QB of all time that called his own offense. He's been fired before, and he's had what 4 straight years of bottom 5 offensive play? He's had multiple players over his many tenures come out and say that he was no good. He has 30 wins in his career, and 29 double digit losses ?.

You have to be drinking an insurmountable amount of Kool-Aid to believe that he'll even get us past the first round of the playoffs.  

Gee, I wonder if Payton had the ability to call an audible???

9 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Name the 4 receiving threats not-named Herndon that the Jets will be bringing to Indianapolis this weekend.

Playcalling?  You wish the problem was playcalling.  We have no players.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Name the 4 receiving threats not-named Herndon that the Jets will be bringing to Indianapolis this weekend.

SAR I

Did you ever watch Gase with Miami? The point of my post isn't that he sucks right now, it's that he's always had these same problems which is why he was terminated from his previous job.

30 career wins, 29 double digit losses, four straight bottom 5 offenses. Jamison Crowder and Denzel Mims getting hurt didn't cause the previous years of mediocrity. 

only in bizzaro jet land does this happen

you have a terrible coach that was fired from his last job for being terrible but some how he should be given a few years to figure it out.

Time does not cure terrible

If you went to a restaurant that made you sick would you keep going back there hoping that one day it didnt make you sick and that it might become great? NO you would not "have patience"

if you had a terrible person do work on your home would you keep hiring them hoping that some day they get it right even though the last home they built collapsed ?

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

If it’s the players can you answer why Gase hasn’t used play action or motion to help create mismatches for his “undermanned offense”?

If the WR injuries are holding us back, can you weigh in on why Gase hasn’t used 2 TE sets given that Ryan Griffin and Herndon are healthy?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yeah but what about unhinged Homer trolls with terrible predictions?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

If I Told You The Jets Were Going To Open 5-0 Would You Call Me Crazy?

I would've said you're really going out on a limb with that prediction but you're not crazy.  However, the fact that you probably still believe the Jets are going to start this season 5-0 (despite the 2 losses) is where the crazy comes in.  :)