GGN ALL TIME JETS TEAM

22 hours ago, THE BARON said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/thoughts-on-the-ggn-all-time-jets-team/ar-BB170CQl?ocid=msedgdhp

Major props for the LB choices.  I would have gone the same way...

LINEBACKER

DAVID HARRIS (YES, Indeed)

LARRY GRANTHAM (HELL YES)

MARVIN JONES (Oh, YES)

LANCE MEHL (YES for sure)

KYLE CLIFTON (OH, HELL YES)

GREG BUTTLE (YES)

all but Buttle.  Buttle was a Jag.

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

all but Buttle.  Buttle was a Jag.

He was good against the run and did some blitzing once in a while, but not too swift in coverage.  He's real good at the Jets pregame, though. Always good commentary... 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

He was good against the run and did some blitzing once in a while, but not too swift in coverage.  He's real good at the Jets pregame, though. Always good commentary... 

He was terrible in coverage.  I will never forget sitting in section 123 in the endzone, in the 4th qtr of a close game (forget the opponent) Buttle dropped an easy INT  that would have assured a Jets win.  And the Jets went on to lose.   Plus his restraunt on Long Island was truly horrendous.   As for his commentary on the air.. he was a relentless homer and never accepted any fan criticism on the calls that came in after the game.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He was terrible in coverage.  I will never forget sitting in section 123 in the endzone, in the 4th qtr of a close game (forget the opponent) Buttle dropped an easy INT  that would have assured a Jets win.  And the Jets went on to lose.   Plus his restraunt on Long Island was truly horrendous.   As for his commentary on the air.. he was a relentless homer and never accepted any fan criticism on the calls that came in after the game.  

I think I remember an interesting tid-bit regarding his bar/restaurant.  If the Jets won that week, the bar maid got to keep her job.  If they lost, she got fired.  Some BS like that or something... I also remember another player in an interview saying that Buttle wanted to kill Richard Todd on the plane ride home from the Mud Bowl... 

• Haha 1

Just now, nycdan said:

I'm sure this will get pushback, but Calvin Pace should at least be in the conversation, certainly ahead of Buttle.  46 sacks as a Jet puts him 5th all-time.  

Pace had some really nice games in 2009 & 2010.  Major contribution...

23 hours ago, THE BARON said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/thoughts-on-the-ggn-all-time-jets-team/ar-BB170CQl?ocid=msedgdhp

LINEBACKER

MARVIN JONES (Oh, YES)

GREG BUTTLE (YES)

Al Atkinson, he and Grantham led the linebackers the Super Bowl year.

atkinson62-thumb

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, GaryM said:

Any part of the DL has to include Joe Klecko, an All Pro at the 3 positions .

New York Jets legend Joe Klecko again denied entry to the Hall of Fame

Yes, he was on there too as Interior DL.  He's not an EDGE.  

INTERIOR DEFENSIVE LINE

JOE KLECKO

MARTY LYONS

DAMON HARRISON

JOHN ELLIOTT

ABDUL SALAAM

Do people read articles anymore?  lol.

On 7/21/2020 at 1:10 PM, THE BARON said:

LINEBACKER

MARVIN JONES (Oh, YES)

GREG BUTTLE (YES)

Bob Crable 

19 hours ago, Dcat said:

why couldn't he make better lasagna !?!?!?!?!