The Jets All-Time Bad Character Team?

Seeing that Antonio Brown has decided to retire (again) got me thinking....

Who are the worst guys to suit up for the green and white?  Not necessarily bad players, but bad people, lazy, criminals, etc.

If this thread gets any traction we can try to assemble a full starting lineup and I'll update the OP.

Let me start with a candidate at TE - Kellen Winslow Jr.

https://www.tmz.com/2014/01/17/new-york-jets-star-kellen-winslow-jr-target-parking-lot/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-nfl-player-kellen-winslow-jr-takes-plea-deal-rape-n1076461

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, rangerous said:

santanio holmes, plax buress.  they don't come much more criminal than these two.

I dont think Plax was a bad person.  He was really foolish carrying a gun in a state that has mandatory jail sentences and even dumber showing off with his piece in public and even more of a moron to shoot himself "OH, MY LEG", but he really wasn't a horrible or evil person.  Just a total, irresponsible fool in one matter that the public knew about

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I dont think Plax was a bad person.  He was really foolish carrying a gun in a state that has mandatory jail sentences and even dumber showing off with his piece in public and even more of a moron to shoot himself "OH, MY LEG", but he really wasn't a horrible or evil person.  Just a total, irresponsible fool in one matter that the public knew about

he was a POS in the clubhouse and was a major contributor to the divisiveness Rex Ryan brought in.  He and Derrick Mason.  And Holmes  Septic tank of clubhouse personalities

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, bitonti said:

DL Joe Klecko 

he's had several extremely serious brushes with the law

google it - he spent 3 mos. in prison

for Jets fans with selective memory that's probably why he's not in the Hall. 

rachel dratch snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Perhaps legal issues after his retirement, but from what i remember was generally likeable and a good teammate and leader....my nominee is his linemate, Mark Gastineau.    Loved him as a player and is one of the reasons I am a Jets fan today, but looking back what an awful teammate

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Jets non choir boys (excluding the list of DUI's): 

Kellen Winslow #1 sleaze Jets player for sure
Derrick Mason
Plaxico Burress
Santonio Holmes 
Mark Gastineau (domestic abuse back in the day)

When I was a kid watching the Jets, I liked Gastineau.  When I got a bit older and learned more about who he was, I wasn't too much of a fan any longer.  Domestic abuse, drugs and not a nice guy in general.  Seems though, he reformed later in life.  He's in bad shape with a host of serious health issues now... 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

This is a silly misleading post.  I assume you are talking about that insurance fraud issue after he retired. 

the OP asked for criminals Klecko spent 3 months in jail for perjury. he also had a vehicular "situation" 

5 minutes ago, pajet said:

Perhaps legal issues after his retirement, but from what i remember was generally likeable and a good teammate and leader....my nominee is his linemate, Mark Gastineau.    Loved him as a player and is one of the reasons I am a Jets fan today, but looking back what an awful teammate

Gastineau is also a POS who spent 11 months on Rikers 

the sad truth is 99 and 73 needed each other and each was only amazing when the other was making sure the other couldn't be doubled

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

DL Joe Klecko 

he's had several extremely serious brushes with the law

google it - he spent 3 mos. in prison

for Jets fans with selective memory that's probably why he's not in the Hall. 

rachel dratch snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Probably is why hes not in the HOF

But its a joke compared to what's in the HOF

He passed on his registration so someone could use them to commit fraud and then got caught trying to cover that vicious crime up?

Meanwhile M Irvin has hooker & crack issues, LT has crack, coke & underage hooker issues, Lewis may have murdered someone etc and theyre all welcomed in.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I think Derrick Mason was considered a high character guy before he got to the Jets.  

Burris may have primarily been irresponsible, but when you are to the point where you are carrying loaded weapons in the waistband of your sweatpants it goes beyond just an oopsy.  Quinnen Williams showed ignorance of the law.  Plaxico ignorance of any concerns for the safety of himself and others.  If it was somebody else that got shot we wouldn't be cutting him any slack.   Likewise with the multitude of DUI types - Herndon, Donahue, Richardson, etc. 

I already wrote my piece on Basil Proctor, but he never really played.  Nuu Faaola had some domestic battery IIRC.  Plenty of guys have been arrested for DUI (Abraham, Braylon) drugs (Ellis, Goodson) or assualt (Mauldin, Aaron Beasley).  There were a few domestic violance chages (Bryan Thomas and Enunwas come to mind) but the guy that standa out to me is Damien Robinson - the overpriced cover who safety that brought his machine guy to the stadium.  

Justin Miller punched a woman in a bar.  He swung at a guy who ducked and he belted some lady in the face.  Presumably he is faster than Baker Mayfield, but the cops still caught him.

• QB Michael Vick
  • RB Chris Johnson (Murder-for-hire plot)
  • RB Mike Goodson (Multiple arrests and paternity suits)
  • WR Santonio Holmes
  • WR Derrick Mason
  • WR Plaxico Burress
  • TE Kellen Winslow Jr.
  • OL Matt O'Dwyer (felony assault; kicked out window of police car)
  • DE Mark Gastineau (domestic abuse)
  • DE Muhammad Wilkerson
  • DT Sheldon Richardson (4 crimes in one day)
  • DE/LB Dylan Donahue (DUI; drove wrong way thru Lincoln Tunnel)
  • LB Jermaine Cunningham (spreading sexual images/invasion of privacy)
  • LB Lorenzo Mauldin (assault charge)
  • CB Darrelle Revis
  • CB Aaron Beasley (assault charge)
  • CB Rashard Robinson (Drug arrest)
  • S Damien Robinson (Possession of assault rifle at stadium)
  • K Nick Lowery (slapped a ball boy)
  • KR Justin Miller (assault)
  • HC/DC Bill Belichick
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

No one has nominated Brandon Marshall yet?

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at Central Florida, Marshall was arrested at a Denny’s restaurant in Orlando, Fla.,  on charges of assault on a police officer, disorderly conduct, trespass and resisting arrest without violence and refusal to obey. The charges were dismissed.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory. The charge was dropped.

June 17, 2006: Marshall and longtime girlfriend Rasheedah Watley both filed police reports alleging physical abuse by the other in a long altercation at an Orlando apartment. No arrests or charges were made.

Jan. 1, 2007: Marshall was at the Denver nightclub Shelter with Broncos teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams, attending a birthday party for Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the group left the club in a limousine, Williams was shot fatally in the neck by an unknown assailant. Walker later said the shooter was likely another man at the nightclub who was seeking retaliation after an altercation with Marshall's cousin that evening. Marshall testified at the trial of gunman Willie Clark that he helped escalate the dispute that led to Williams' death.

Jan. 24, 2007: According to the Denver Post, police interviewed Marshall and his father after an argument in an Orlando parking lot. Marshall claimed his father tried to hit him with his car. His father claimed Marshall had fired a gun. Both men declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007: In Atlanta, Watley told police Marshall punched her and took her purse while in a hotel. Marshall was gone before police arrived. No charges were filed.

March 21, 2007: According to the Denver Post, police in Palm Beach County, Fla., interviewed Marshall and Watley twice in the same night after two loud arguments. Both said the disturbances were not physical in nature. No arrests or charges were made.

March 26, 2007: Marshall was arrested in a Denver suburb on suspicion of domestic violence. Watley reported Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house. Marshall completed anger management counseling and the charges were dropped two months later.

June 8, 2007: According to the Denver Post, two incident reports were filed by Atlanta police. A friend of Watley’s claimed Marshall hit her car and then threw a rock at the passenger door as Watley was riding in the passenger seat. Watley also told police Marshall cut her in the thigh and punched her in the face. She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.

June 30, 2007: According to the Denver Post, Watley told Atlanta police Marshall punched and choked her at his condo. She had a bruise and scratches. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007: Marshall was arrested in Denver and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. He was pulled over driving the wrong way on a one-way street hours after a game. He later pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability-impaired and was sentenced to one year of probation and 24 hours of community service.

March 6, 2008: Marshall was arrested on charges of misdemeanor battery in Atlanta after a dispute with Watley. She told police he punched her in the mouth and eye. Marshall said he cut his hand on glass.

Aug. 6, 2008: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Marshall for three games for violating the league’s personal conduct policy. The suspension was reduced to one regular-season game and a fine of an additional game check, costing him $52,353.

March 1, 2009: Marshall was arrested in Atlanta on disorderly conduct charges after allegedly being involved in a dispute with then-fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell, now his wife. Charges were dropped the next day.

Aug. 14, 2009: Marshall was found not guilty on the battery charges from the March 2008 arrest in Atlanta.

April 23, 2011: Marshall was taken to Broward General Medical Center after Nogami-Campbell stabbed him in the abdomen at their Florida home. Nogami-Campbell told police she stabbed Marshall “out of self-defense.”

Sunday: Marshall is accused by a 24-year-old woman of punching her in the eye, leaving a black eye, in an altercation outside a club in New York. Marshall’s attorney says it was Marshall’s wife that was injured and says the couple are the true victims in the case.

Sources: Tribune news services, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2012-03-14-chi-brandon-marshalls-rap-sheet-20120314-story.html

• Upvote 1