The Jets All-Time Bad Character Team?

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  • QB Michael Vick
  • RB Chris Johnson (Murder-for-hire plot)
  • RB Mike Goodson (Multiple arrests and paternity suits)
  • WR Santonio Holmes
  • WR Derrick Mason
  • WR Plaxico Burress
  • TE Kellen Winslow Jr.
  • OL Matt O'Dwyer (felony assault; kicked out window of police car)
  • DE Mark Gastineau (domestic abuse)
  • DE Muhammad Wilkerson
  • DT Sheldon Richardson (4 crimes in one day)
  • DE/LB Dylan Donahue (DUI; drove wrong way thru Lincoln Tunnel)
  • LB Jermaine Cunningham (spreading sexual images/invasion of privacy)
  • LB Lorenzo Mauldin (assault charge)
  • CB Darrelle Revis
  • CB Aaron Beasley (assault charge)
  • CB Rashard Robinson (Drug arrest)
  • S Damien Robinson (Possession of assault rifle at stadium)
  • K Nick Lowery (slapped a ball boy)
  • KR Justin Miller (assault)
  • HC/DC Bill Belichick

No Cromartie with his 27 kids and paternity suits?

https://www.nj.com/jets/2010/03/ny_jets_give_cb_antonio_cromar.html

With seven children by six different women in five states and at least five paternity suits in the past two years, new Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie needs cash.

The Jets have stepped up, giving Cromartie $500,000 in up-front money (in the form of a bonus) on the final year of a contract that'll pay him $1.7 million in 2010,

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think Derrick Mason was considered a high character guy before he got to the Jets.  

Burris may have primarily been irresponsible, but when you are to the point where you are carrying loaded weapons in the waistband of your sweatpants it goes beyond just an oopsy.  Quinnen Williams showed ignorance of the law.  Plaxico ignorance of any concerns for the safety of himself and others.  If it was somebody else that got shot we wouldn't be cutting him any slack.   Likewise with the multitude of DUI types - Herndon, Donahue, Richardson, etc. 

I already wrote my piece on Basil Proctor, but he never really played.  Nuu Faaola had some domestic battery IIRC.  Plenty of guys have been arrested for DUI (Abraham, Braylon) drugs (Ellis, Goodson) or assualt (Mauldin, Aaron Beasley).  There were a few domestic violance chages (Bryan Thomas and Enunwas come to mind) but the guy that standa out to me is Damien Robinson - the overpriced cover who safety that brought his machine guy to the stadium.  

Justin Miller punched a woman in a bar.  He swung at a guy who ducked and he belted some lady in the face.  Presumably he is faster than Baker Mayfield, but the cops still caught him.

Damien Robinson for me too.

I kept scrolling down further and further in this thread looking for my first thought... which was Robinson.

Can't believe he lasted as long as he did.

On another note, Reggie Tongue was another complete bust at safety.  The guy only made one play...and it was by accident.  He grabbed an INT for a touchdown in a playoff game where he was late getting to the receiver, like usual, but it happened to be fortunate that he was because the errant throw went right to him a couple of yards away.

I think the '04 playoff game in Pittsburgh.  The Doug Brien game?

35 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Damien Robinson for me too.

I kept scrolling down further and further in this thread looking for my first thought... which was Robinson.

Can't believe he lasted as long as he did.

On another note, Reggie Tongue was another complete bust at safety.  The guy only made one play...and it was by accident.  He grabbed an INT for a touchdown in a playoff game where he was late getting to the receiver, like usual, but it happened to be fortunate that he was because the errant throw went right to him a couple of yards away.

I think the '04 playoff game in Pittsburgh.  The Doug Brien game?

Yep.  The high powered Jets offense led by Pennington and Curtis Martin had a 17-10 lead based on Tongue's INT return and a 75 yard punt return by Santana Moss.  On the bright side, I don't think Tongue was a piece of sh*t like some of these guys.  Just an eh keep the play in front of me DB.  The kind of guy Herm loved.

Robby Anderson, did everyone forget about him?

Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson was arrested early Friday morning in Florida and is facing nine charges, the Broward (Fla.) County Sherriff's Office confirmed to the New York Daily News

According to a police report obtained by ESPN's Rich Cimini, a car Anderson was driving was clocked as 105 mph in a 45 mph zone, and he also ran multiple red lights. After he was pulled over, Anderson apparently threatened to sexually assault the officer's wife. The arrest happened in Sunrise, Fla. and the nine charges he faces are: resisting an officer/obstruction without violence; harm to a public servant or family; fleeing/eluding while lights/siren active; reckless driving; failure to drive in a single lane; two counts of disobeying/avoiding a red light; speeding; and turning without a signal.

The Jets are aware of the arrest, per Cimini. Anderson was also arrested on a felony charge of resisting arrest with violence and obstruction of police last year after an altercation at a concert in Miami. He is set to appear in court for a trial hearing in March. 

image.jpeg.18e98c90c5427c73bec1c030e9d45847.jpeg

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Robby Anderson, did everyone forget about him?

According to a police report obtained by ESPN's Rich Cimini, a car Anderson was driving was clocked as 105 mph in a 45 mph zone, and he also ran multiple red lights. After he was pulled over, Anderson apparently threatened to sexually assault the officer's wife

pics?

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  • QB Michael Vick
  • WR Santonio Holmes
  • WR Derrick Mason
  • WR Plaxico Burress
  • TE Kellen Winslow Jr.
  • DE Muhammad Wilkerson
  • CB Darrelle Revis
  • HC/DC Bill Belichick

Matt O'Dwyer is my spirit animal.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think Derrick Mason was considered a high character guy before he got to the Jets.  

Burris may have primarily been irresponsible, but when you are to the point where you are carrying loaded weapons in the waistband of your sweatpants it goes beyond just an oopsy.  Quinnen Williams showed ignorance of the law.  Plaxico ignorance of any concerns for the safety of himself and others.  If it was somebody else that got shot we wouldn't be cutting him any slack.   Likewise with the multitude of DUI types - Herndon, Donahue, Richardson, etc. 

I already wrote my piece on Basil Proctor, but he never really played.  Nuu Faaola had some domestic battery IIRC.  Plenty of guys have been arrested for DUI (Abraham, Braylon) drugs (Ellis, Goodson) or assualt (Mauldin, Aaron Beasley).  There were a few domestic violance chages (Bryan Thomas and Enunwas come to mind) but the guy that standa out to me is Damien Robinson - the overpriced cover who safety that brought his machine guy to the stadium.  

Justin Miller punched a woman in a bar.  He swung at a guy who ducked and he belted some lady in the face.  Presumably he is faster than Baker Mayfield, but the cops still caught him.

Mason is a college head coach.Think his issue here is he was retiring and looking for one last payday without having to work all that hard. Have a hard time faulting a guy staring down his last day in uniform and the paycheck for that.

LB Eric Barton is a very bad guy. 

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

No Cromartie with his 27 kids and paternity suits?

https://www.nj.com/jets/2010/03/ny_jets_give_cb_antonio_cromar.html

With seven children by six different women in five states and at least five paternity suits in the past two years, new Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie needs cash.

The Jets have stepped up, giving Cromartie $500,000 in up-front money (in the form of a bonus) on the final year of a contract that'll pay him $1.7 million in 2010,

In his last contract with the Colts, same thing; they fronted him a pile of cash to pay child support. This is the genius Jamal Adams confers with on contract matters. Can hope he has told Adams stopping by CVS or Walgreens from time to time in case you meet Miss RightNow again would be wise counsel. 

28 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Jumbo Elliot beat up Santa Claus.

Sachem's own.  Apparently kind of a dick.  Thankfully he was well behaved when he came to my place.

Elliott tried to duck the $5 cover charge by shoving his Giants Super Bowl ring into the hostess’ face, an employee said.

He barged into the women’s bathroom, urinating in a sink and punching a woman who was in the restroom in the chest, Kearns said.

The 308-pound tackle then walked back into the bar and punched an unidentified local man, police said.

https://nypost.com/1999/07/11/unnecessary-roughness-by-jets-trio/

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  • QB Michael Vick
  • WR Santonio Holmes
  • WR Derrick Mason
  • WR Plaxico Burress
  • TE Kellen Winslow Jr.
  • DE Muhammad Wilkerson
  • CB Darrelle Revis
  • HC/DC Bill Belichick

Add Dmitri Patterson and Dylan Donahue 

20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Meanwhile M Irvin has hooker & crack issues, LT has crack, coke & underage hooker issues, Lewis may have murdered someone etc and theyre all welcomed in.

I've heard this retort before and it's true but we honestly have to compare Ray Lewis and Michael Irvin's career accomplishments vs Klecko's kind of semantic accomplishment of making the Pro Bowl at 3 slightly different positions. 

Irvin and Lewis have multiple rings each. Lewis was a defensive player who made Super Bowl MVP. And both were like 13x Pro Bowler which is the type of Joe Thomas level career a non Championship player needs to get into canton. 

People crap on the accolades and awards but the NFL actually doesn't do a bad job with these things. IT's not the Oscars. Pro Bowl is 1/3 Player, coach and fan. All Pro is even more elite, half the slots 1 team voted by AP National Writers (or PFF writers if you will). 

that's why when people say Jamal Adams made All Pro 2x before 24 it really means he's on a HOF track. As for the hall itself I agree that rings matter. Isn't that the whole point? 

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Jumbo Elliot beat up Santa Claus.

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Matt O'Dwyer is my spirit animal.

wasn't there a lineman who used to get super screwed up and befoul mens room sinks

it made the papers, back when newspapers was a thing

it could have been either of these two animals but i'm also thinking Jason Fabini was a suspect. 

except for the beating of santa most of the o-lineman stuff falls under Shenangans 

• Haha 1

Carlton Haselrig

Poor guy died today of natural causes at the tender age of 54.

An ex-wrestler and ex-Steeler, he played for the Jets in 1995.

He had some substance abuse issues, but played well in his brief stint with the Jets before going awol, possibly a car chase at some point as I remember it.