2 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Honestly, I see the WR chart shaking out as: 

Perriman

Mims

Crowder

Berrios

Smith

Cager

Doctson doesn't do enough to make it, Campbell goes to the PS. 

This is my exact prediction too.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Good stuff! Thanks for posting.

I think the knock on Cager (besides his injuries), was that he has small hands for a man his size. Fromm didn't exactly throw lasers so it will be interesting to see if he ends up "double catching" Sam's fastballs.

One thing that jumped out at me after we signed Perriman (and in the clips of his 2nd half of the season with the Bucs) is that he seems to catch everything with this hands. He snatches the ball. Doesn't let the ball get to his body first or use his arms to cradle. I love when a WR does that. Hope he keeps it up with us.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Perriman

Mims

Crowder

Berrios

Smith

Cager

Berrios has done nothing to have him ranked over Smith. I expect Smith to really surprise people this year.

• Upvote 1

Perriman
Mims
Crowder
Berrios
Smith
Cager

I assume you mean Vyncint Smith and not Jeff Smith.
If that is the case I would think similarly. The problem is I have very little confidence Cager stays healthy. Not having a preseason mat actually benefit him in that respect.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I assume you mean Vyncint Smith and not Jeff Smith.
If that is the case I would think similarly. The problem is I have very little confidence Cager stays healthy. Not having a preseason mat actually benefit him in that respect.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yes! Vyncint. Totally forgot about Jeff. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Young Jetty said:

Berrios has done nothing to have him ranked over Smith. I expect Smith to really surprise people this year.

I'm not really rating him above anyone, he's just making the roster. He's our only real punt returner and logical backup for Crowder.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I prolly should have just left him off lmao

hah, well whatever. I guess he has a shot at being a #4/5 for redzone packages. Cager is more likely PS material in yr 1, but i would more than happy to see him take Josh's spot if he earns it. 

Seeing Perriman and Doctson listed in important spots on our Depth Charts is SMH material... we gonna call up AJ Jenkins and Jon Baldwin next? 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

hah, well whatever. I guess he has a shot at being a #4/5 for redzone packages. Cager is more likely PS material in yr 1, but i would more than happy to see him take Josh's spot if he earns it. 

Seeing Perriman and Doctson listed in important spots on our Depth Charts is SMH material... we gonna call up AJ Jenkins and Jon Baldwin next? 

Jon Baldwin.....be still my beating heart...

It IS odd to see a position coach talk up a UDFA as a "1st-2nd rounder" in an offseason video on the eve of training camp like a fanboy draftnik though.

Normally coaches keep their cards close. Maybe it's just Jefferson's way but it certainly sounds like Cager has an inside track to a roster spot.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Berrios was one of, if not the most, efficient punt returners in the league last year.  Vyncint Smith got an end around TD run.  Berrios is well above him on the depth chart.

Only Diontae Johnson was better on a per return basis.

Rk Player Tm Age Pos G GS Ret Yds TD Lng Y/R
Rt Yds TD Lng Y/Rt APYd
1 Diontae Johnson PIT 23 WR 16 12 20 248 1 85 12.4           969
2 Braxton Berrios NYJ 24   16 0 21 240 0 26 11.4
  • Upvote 3

Good stuff! Thanks for posting.
I think the knock on Cager (besides his injuries), was that he has small hands for a man his size. Fromm didn't exactly throw lasers so it will be interesting to see if he ends up "double catching" Sam's fastballs.
One thing that jumped out at me after we signed Perriman (and in the clips of his 2nd half of the season with the Bucs) is that he seems to catch everything with this hands. He snatches the ball. Doesn't let the ball get to his body first or use his arms to cradle. I love when a WR does that. Hope he keeps it up with us.

So does Mims...love wr's that don't body catch.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mavericknyc1980 said:

Can’t wait to see Cager, wanted him with our last pick.  But JD who plays chess not checkers traded it for a talented cab and still got Cager

Should have drafted Kenny Willekas or Donovan Peoples Jones with that pick imo but I digress. 

Let's hope the 4th DB we got from the Colts in the past calendar year is worth passing on those dudes. 

That game was infuriating.  Fromm was literally just throwing the ball up from grabs and Cager came down with everything.  Just Chadwick Pennington-esque balloon on 3rd and long, 4th and long, closed his eyes, threw in the direction of Cager and bam!  First down. I dont even think CJ played bad that game.  Cager was just in the zone. 

The kid has incredible upside but there's a reason he went undrafted.